Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

2018 Hong Kong jersey.
    http://www,hongkongrugbyleague.com

I'm delighted to announce that HKRL and Redsip have entered into a partnership. Redsip have secured naming rights to the 4th edition of the HKRL 9s and HKTag Challenge which takes place this Sunday at King's Park and sees a Tonga development team visit these shores for the first time and the return of fans favourites the Diamond Chiefs from Papua New Guinea. The partnership also sees them sponsor the Hong Kong national team, Hong Kong play Japan in Tokyo on Saturday 16 June. Thank you Qing "Ching" Li for making this happen.

Redsip is a social network bringing wine appreciation to everyone. It takes leading AI and AR technologies to make wine appreciation easy and fun. Friends have meaningful interactions around wines on the Redsip app, bringing friends closer together.

A Silicon Valley based company sponsoring us shows the increasing appeal of rugby league outside of the heartlands. Thank you to Andy WK Lau for making the introduction and continuing his faith and enthuisiasim for tag and rugby league.

Attached Images Attached Images
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

How did the 9's go Brad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    How did the 9's go Brad.
    It was brilliant. It was a scorcher but fortunately we kicked off at 4:30pm and got some of the shade from the buildings. I feel more for the HKtag players who trooped on during the day.

I got to judge the games on field two and pick the man of the match awards. Took it really seriously. I think I picked the right players.

We had a mix of local teams including a local team called Pacific Toa made up of many islanders. We also had Diamond Chiefs from PNG return to defend their title. You can imagine how expensive it would be for them. But they have been holding sausage sizzles and dances for a year to raise money. I was pleased to see many even bring over their family and young children.

Play rugby league, see the world.

We also had a Tonga residents team. And gee they were amazing. I think many sides would have been a little worried. But every team gave it their best. Tonga didn't concede until the final.

The Chiefs got knocked out in the last few seconds of their semi final against Pacific Toa. Being denied a try. VIDEO OF GAME

So the final was Pacific Toa vs Tonga. In the pool stage, Tonga had beaten them 18-0.

The match started with their war dances. And it was spine tingling. VIDEO HERE

The scores were level at half time, 6-all. Pacific Toa really played smart and lifted their game. One of the beauties of having a tournament and second chances.

It looked like Pacific Toa scored off a cross field bomb with seconds to spare, but the ref didn't allow it. Tonga immediately counter attacked and scored. Ending the game. A tremendous game and comp.

The spirit it was played in was great and both teams joined together after the game.

LIVE STREAM - FINAL

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Not to mention Womens Rugby League for the first time ever. Full of local players. VIDEO HERE

Great to hear. I watched the war dances on Facebook as I get the HKRL posts but didn't see the game so I'll watch that via your link, thanks. The games were played not far from where we stayed a few weeks back. Great to see the progress you are making and especially with the sponsorship.
    I notice the fields at Kings are artificial turf. How does what you have there go in regard to burns etc. I know great improvements have been made since the early days but would be interested to hear how your guys rated it. I assume the amount of traffic on grounds in HK would be massive and grass is not an option. I wandered through Victoria Park and the grass there was pretty patchy due to crowd traffic.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 29-05-18 at 03:06 PM.

Currently 32,000+ views on the Hong Kong 9s Final livestream. WATCH HERE
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 31-05-18 at 09:42 PM.

HKRL now has a podcast, this is episode 3.*

Here you will here about the recent 9s and Tag comp. The first round of the domestic super league.

Here from two ladies who do most of the administration of HKTag and some interesting stories about how they got into the sport.*

Our own Origin battle looming, HK Island vs Kowloon and New Territories. Which will be played in a 9s format but will feature tag in mens and womens and contact RL in mens and womens.

Also hear from*Mike Tsang, HK born but grew up in New Zealand, hear about how the sport has helped him and how it cuts through racism.

https://www.facebook.com/hkrugbyleag...79541728853060

Hong Kong line up to take on Japan today in Tokyo. (Felt great saying that!)

Looking forward to watching this on the livestream.

Calm before the HK Thunder storm.

Japan (UTC +9) Sat, 16 Jun 2018 – 13:30

United Kingdom (UTC +1) Sat, 16 Jun 2018 – 05:30

Hong Kong (UTC +8) Sat, 16 Jun 2018 – 12:30

Australia (UTC +10) Sat, 16 Jun 2018 – 14:30

NY, USA (UTC -4) Sat, 16 Jun 2018 – 00:30

Hong Kong won their first ever International Test!

32-20. It was a tense game. And the Japanese were very determined and dangerous.

Really proud of the team and the East Asia Cup will certainly develop into a successful and well regarded competition.

Article in latest Rugby League Review.

http://www.diehardtitan.com/wp-conte...IMG_2382-2.jpg

We are planning on returning to the field after some severe COVID drama and pretty upsetting political situations.

But Rugby League has been there for people in tough times for generations and it has a role to play here too.

It'll be 13 a side and be taking in the hellish conditions of August. More details as they come to hand.