Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

17 votes = the team, he didn't even vote for himself
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Poll in Courier Mail article:

WILL JOHN CARTWRIGHT BE TITANS HEAD COACH IN 2015?
    Yes, he will survive the review - 15% (17 votes)
    No, he will be sacked - 85% (96 votes)

15 clueless fans/family members took option 1.
    got a link so we can ad our votes?

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    got a link so we can ad our votes?
    Sorry about that. Here it is:

http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/nr...f61abe2a34f4dd

Banned

of course none of us want the club to go under but you would be a fool to think its all rosey at the moment. im a realist and i dont like our chances of surviving if the current management stays in charge.

from what ive heard the finances at the club are pretty bad already but with no major sponsor in 2015 we stand next to chance of survival. we need to pay off debt for a few years to come and we cant do that unless we have a major sponsor. ive also heard whispers that the real reason carty isnt getting the sack is because the club simply cant afford to pay him out. thats why a role as an assistant next year has been suggested.

how do you fix a debt ridden club that seemingly has no light at the end of the tunnel? i dont know and it scares the hell out of me.

The NRL takes over until a new owner is found.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We can only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This is probably the only way it will survive.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

My mind boggles why we don't get the Burleigh Bears to the table....oh that's right it's because they have a massive problem with Michael Searle.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl...i1q6cmiyhudde9

@the_pinhed will the titans review actually change anything at the club? Or is it all just a show for the members? #asklurk

The Lurker: Good question - time will tell I guess. John Cartwright under massive pressure no doubt... as is Michael Searle.

Does the lurker break any stories or just hop from one clubs forum to another?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2014/0...sday_2008.html

This is a video from 2008 at Skilled Park for our first game there. Throughout this video I was asking, what the hell happened??? The stadium was full and the fans were alive. Titans flags waving in the air. Blue and gold filled the stadium..... These days there are opposition flags waving and (insert opposition colours) fills the stadium. Fans are dead quiet and not there. If you think the Titans aren't sinking, then take a look at this vid. It is unfourtunate but we are sinking at a rapid rate. Without change and help from the NRL this club will be gone in the near future.

- - - Updated - - -

I also asked, why do we not play like this anymore? That Titans side looked coached and full of enthusiasm. Sure we had great players such as Prince, Rogers, Campbell and Bull in his prime but they looked so cohesive and teamwork was at a high. So have the current players given up or do they just need a new coach?

A bloke that I would not want to be in his shoes late this year early next year would be Chris Knell. If the coach and ownership structure do not change then memberships selling will be like trying to sell ice to Eskimos.

QLD Cup

This is a video from 2008 at Skilled Park for our first game there. Throughout this video I was asking, what the hell happened??? The stadium was full and the fans were alive. Titans flags waving in the air. Blue and gold filled the stadium..... These days there are opposition flags waving and (insert opposition colours) fills the stadium. Fans are dead quiet and not there. If you think the Titans aren't sinking, then take a look at this vid. It is unfourtunate but we are sinking at a rapid rate. Without change and help from the NRL this club will be gone in the near future.

- - - Updated - - -

I also asked, why do we not play like this anymore? That Titans side looked coached and full of enthusiasm. Sure we had great players such as Prince, Rogers, Campbell and Bull in his prime but they looked so cohesive and teamwork was at a high. So have the current players given up or do they just need a new coach?
    - - - Updated - - -

Incredible memories of 2008.Where has it gone so wrong? Can we wipe the slate clean and start again? I remember Bulls try so clearly but had long forgotten which game it was in. Great memories but if the club thinks showing old footage will revive fans spirit, they are wrong. It just makes today's situation more painful and the urgency for change more obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

i have said this often over the last three years when we all talk of our poor style and non existent and how poor carty coaches...Weve played good footy before!! like slick, skilful good looking football with a purpose and intent.

how can we just not do it anymore, once weve shown we can? People will say we had Prince, rogers and presto, but they were still there when we got to 2010 semi final, when the slide had already begun as far as quality of football goes.

- - - Updated - - -

two more points:

*that was the first ever game and season opener for skilled park, its a tough one to have as a bench mark. but we should be doing so much better.

*its good that someone got the only time Delaney passed the ball on film.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    *its good that someone got the only time Delaney passed the ball on film.
    Lolololol.

Josh Graham, Delaney, Chalky, Laffranchi, Harro, Peyroux, Taka, (insert 2nd rower here) - The ball strangling crew.

I'll add to your post DB;

1. Never Pushed up hard in defense
    2. Even when they had Rogers, Prince and Co, they never played at the line it was always well before,
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]