Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tartmaster View Post
    Don't get me wrong Meadys done bloody well in his time there, and he's definitely a million times better than Zillman.

It's just seems dumb that we've signed a promising young fullback and then chuck him in the centres and not give him any ball.
    Welcome to the titans structure, same could be said about mead n Gordon I their early days. Yrs of no ball when clearly they could score at will given space.

Roberts was signed as an outside back, he was nothing more than a fb prospect at penrith even though he was fb of the yr in the kiddies comp. Cartright tempted to play mead at fb in 2010, if he had it wouldn't be an issue now
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Tartmaster View Post
    Don't get me wrong Meadys done bloody well in his time there, and he's definitely a million times better than Zillman.

It's just seems dumb that we've signed a promising young fullback and then chuck him in the centres and not give him any ball.
    I kinda hear what you are saying but as Teke said, Mead is an OVERALL better fullback. Roberts may have more speed and strength but Mead has great defence, catching and line running.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    I kinda hear what you are saying but as Teke said, Mead is an OVERALL better fullback. Roberts may have more speed and strength but Mead has great defence, catching and line running.
    umm may have? Very debatable
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Probably could have worded it better. I meant Roberts might be stronger and quicker but Mead has so much more. Know what I mean or am I making no sense? I have the tendency to do that sometimes

i think Mead has a rough night, but i could count them one hand. I can also count Zills great games on one hand.

Mead is would be better Fb option right now, and Roberts is fine where he is if we give early ball. If you give him enough early space, he will burn them a decent amount of the time. If Meady isnt quite fit / confident yet after his injury, id personally give Don a crack. Could be Paul Hauff - the second coming.

I hope Mortimer stays in the side long term, he brings good energy and commitment. He and Sezer could be alright together, or even with Kelly if he was 100% fit and his normal self.

Carters effort has been phenomenal all year, but he went back to his over aggro issues that he had in the first month or so of the season.

Myles is slow and lies all over blokes all night. He is so cumbersome and plodding, it cant be that inspiring for his team mates.

we wont win any more games i dont think. and will finish with a 7 game losing streak to go with the 6 or 7 we ended only a few weeks ago. hope to club review lasts as long as the season. if we end up 8-16 for the year and he is still in charge, then the internal review needs an internal review.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i think Mead has a rough night, but i could count them one hand. I can also count Zills great games on one hand.

Mead is would be better Fb option right now, and Roberts is fine where he is if we give early ball. If you give him enough early space, he will burn them a decent amount of the time. If Meady isnt quite fit / confident yet after his injury, id personally give Don a crack. Could be Paul Hauff - the second coming.

I hope Mortimer stays in the side long term, he brings good energy and commitment. He and Sezer could be alright together, or even with Kelly if he was 100% fit and his normal self.

Carters effort has been phenomenal all year, but he went back to his over aggro issues that he had in the first month or so of the season.

Myles is slow and lies all over blokes all night. He is so cumbersome and plodding, it cant be that inspiring for his team mates.

we wont win any more games i dont think. and will finish with a 7 game losing streak to go with the 6 or 7 we ended only a few weeks ago. hope to club review lasts as long as the season. if we end up 8-16 for the year and he is still in charge, then the internal review needs an internal review.
    Agreed with everything you said. By the way an article I saw said the review will go for a month. So towards the end of season I guess

How we can not make the 8 or even the top four with the talents of Mead, Bird, Myles, Taylor, Mortimer, Kelly, Minichello etc it's just bewildering..

Go the Tahs.........

HAHAHA

That was a good game i just watched, the game i watched 5:30 tonight , absolute ****in garbage over this ****.If Carty is here next year i wont be.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

A few points out of tonight:

1. John Cartwright has developed absolutely no plan or structure for the speed that James Roberts brings to our team. Tonight was an open and free flowing game early on and there was no direction to get him early ball in space. This is an indictment on the coach.

2. Dave Taylor is not a centre. He is a second rower who plays wide. The way Taumololo did tonight. Putting him in the centres means that teams can focus on him knowing that there is only a winger outside of him. Playing him in a traditional wide running second row role means that when one of our halves gets the ball he has the option of hitting Taylor or the centre. This was perfectly illustrated by Jonathan Thurston when he put Cooper away for a try in the first half.

3. It is laughable to think that the Titans would have a half running to the defensive line with options on his outside. I apologise for the absolutely ridiculous content in point 2.

4. Our attack is the worst in hone league, but our defence is not much better. When Cartwright goes Gilly should go with him. Don't allow the new head coach to be shackled to a very poor defensive coordinator.

5. Matt Scott and Gavin Cooper returned from long term injury tonight and looked fit, dynamic and well prepared. Mead came back from a medium term injury and looked underdone. Contacts close to him said he wasn't fit enough to play a full game at fullback. That is not good enough. As Cartwright and Gilly are walking out the door they can take the clowns in the strength and conditioning department with them as well.

6. I hope Gilly and the strength and conditioning staff aren't contracted through 2018 or something ridiculous like that!!

7. James Roberts spent a significant amount of tonight's game on hone wing. Could somebody please explain that to me.

8. Dave Taylor was given kick off duties and goal line drop out duties. If he is our number one option in the these areas we have significant skill development problems.

9. Apart from points 1 through 8 I really enjoyed the game!!

Frustrated Titans lose their cool
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
    NRL.com
    6:09am Sun 03rd August, 2014

Titans coach John Cartwright has chided his team for allowing a series of contentious calls to impact on their discipline as they self-destructed in their 28-8 loss to the Cowboys at 1300SMILES Stadium on Saturday night.

Trailing 12-8 at half-time, the visitors finished on the wrong side of a 7-4 penalty count in the second half as not only the game but their prospects of playing finals football for the first time in four years also slipped away.

Aggressive back-rower Paul Carter was penalised twice for hits on Ashton Sims and Johnathan Thurston while Dave Taylor took his frustration out on an unsuspecting teammate in Nate Myles when he barrelled into a tackle following a failed attempt at a short kick-off.

The Cowboys were controversially awarded a try in the 44th minute when Thurston was ruled to have grounded the ball despite an apparent lack of evidence in the video review to overturn the on-field 'no try' decision but Cartwright said that was no excuse for losing their composure.

"You can accept a lack of discipline here and there but a bit of frustration set in and discipline went out the window a bit in the second half," Cartwright said.

"You'd like to see that sort of aggression and energy but it's got to be within the scope of the game. We had stages where we probably went a bit over the top, I think they were frustrated with some decisions and in general the way the game was officiated.

"You had a linesman put his flag up and [Kevin Gordon] didn't go out. The tackle on 'JT', the video ref try after half-time, it was continuous.

"There was no evidence where the ball touched the ground. There wasn't a person in the ground who thought it was a try. The players, the crowd... the only two guys who thought it was a try were the two guys in the video box.

"We spoke about it after the game, that we lost our discipline in the second half but when you've got to get real about it, there are some things that just leave you scratching your head."

Primary referee Jared Maxwell was having trouble communicating with assistant referee Gavin Badger and other match officials for almost the entirety of the encounter, leading to confusion on a number of occasions, in particular a tackle by Carter on Thurston after he kicked the ball that in the running was given the all clear by Badger but was then overruled by Maxwell.

"I felt like everything was against us," said Titans co-captain Greg Bird.

"Both the refs were making different calls. You've got one ref standing next to me that said one thing and the other one said another thing; it's hard to know which one to listen to.

"We were in control of the game the same way we've been the last few games really, in control of games and then lapse for a few minutes and they scored a couple of times and made some breaks and the floodgates opened."

It was the second week in succession that Carter had let his emotions get the better of him as he sensed the game slipping through his team's fingers but five-eighth Brad Takairangi said he is the type of player you want by your side.

"He can go over the top a bit sometimes but I love playing with him," Takairangi told NRL.com. "He brings that aggression and fear factor with how he defends and he probably just needs to pick his times to do it better."

The Titans' cause wasn't helped by losing Brad Tighe in the first 10 minutes with a groin strain while David Mead was taken from the field late in the game as a precautionary measure for a tight hamstring.
    #itaintweaktospeak

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Yeah he is defensively vey strong. Pulled off several try saving tackles tonight.
    Yea. The only good I got out of this was Mortimers defence. he has been consistent and did the same last week. Pity Mead had a shocker. It will justify bringing Zillman back. ....well here's to next year. Hopefully with a new coach and a fresh look.

Cartwright has to be gone by next year, it's becoming a running joke. Carty either gets the sack, finally or the Titans run themselves in to the ground..