Default Bennett Back - Griffin Gone

Broncos punt Griffin for Bennett
    By Staff Writers
    NRL.com
    2:39pm Mon 21st July, 2014

The Broncos have confirmed Wayne Bennett – seen here celebrating the sixth of his premierships in 2006 - will return to the Queensland capital to replace Anthony Griffin as head coach from 2015.
    The Broncos have confirmed Wayne Bennett – seen here celebrating the sixth of his premierships in 2006 - will return to the Queensland capital to replace Anthony Griffin as head coach from 2015. Credit: Johnathan Ng Copyright: NRL Photos.
    The Brisbane Broncos have confirmed that current Newcastle Knights mentor and foundation coach Wayne Bennett will return to the club in 2015.

Bennett left the Broncos in 2008 after accumulating six premierships in his time with the club. The 64-year-old has since coached the Dragons (2009-11) and the Knights (2012-14).

Current Broncos coach Anthony Griffin will finish his tenure at the club at the conclusion of the 2014 season.

More to come

A couple of words about this announcement "Who Gives a Shyte"
    #itaintweaktospeak

well there's a now a coach without a job who has a team in 6th at the moment. Just saying.

Personally I think its a crap move by the Broncos and more than ever now hope they fall at each hurdle.

How does a coach with a 55% winning percentage get sacked before a 47% winning coach. This club is a joke...

I don't really care about Bennett. Not saying I wouldn't want him at Titans but I want to see how Neil Henry will go. Although Neil's stats aren't much better than Carty. But maybe a new team will work for him.

I agree re Henry and Bennett. Just can't believe we don't do the same to our bloke......a joke

Not good having a family of Broncos supporters. In my ear as soon as I got home. Hope this dumb move fails for the Broncs so we can sit back and laugh. Just heard on news it is a 3 year, $4m deal. Who would pay that??

I couldn't believe the $$$. The pressure for him starts now and he will be expected to return a premiership year 1. All his existing legacy could vanish with anything less.

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    I couldn't believe the $$$. The pressure for him starts now and he will be expected to return a premiership year 1. All his existing legacy could vanish with anything less.
    I laugh at all the Brisbane fans thinking Bennett will suddenly turn them into a premiership winning team straight away. It may happen but I highly doubt it will until maybe the 2-3 yar of his deal (maybe not even then).

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    I laugh at all the Brisbane fans thinking Bennett will suddenly turn them into a premiership winning team straight away. It may happen but I highly doubt it will until maybe the 2-3 yar of his deal (maybe not even then).
    I don't think it will. And I really hope it doesn't actually.

Wow Im happy to see it. An appropriate final leg of his career.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER