Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    First Grader

The difference in playing structure and the individuals skill level between the Eels and Titans was so evident.

Brad Arthur has had 6 months with his team, and Cartwright 8 years.

Says it all.

Titans will remain a basket case until Cartwright and Searle are punted

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Cartwright: 'He's just that good'
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
    NRL.com
    10:10pm Sat 26th July, 2014

He may have single-handedly put paid to the Titans' prospects of playing semi-final football in 2014 but Gold Coast coach John Cartwright has lauded the two-try display of Eels superstar Jarryd Hayne in Parramatta's 24-18 win on Saturday evening.

The Titans' record at home fell to a dismal 2-8 this season despite Cartwright taking the team into camp on Friday night, their best-laid plans brought undone by a Hayne performance that yielded two tries, three line breaks and 229 running metres.

"It wasn't a lack of effort that cost us the game; it was the brilliance of Jarryd Hayne that cost us the game," Cartwright lamented.

"They did a good job on him up until that point and then two or three bits of brilliance and he took the game away from us.

"He's just that good. There are few players in the game that can do that and he's one of them. We were aware of it and that's what makes them even better.

"They did a great job on him bar three or four occasions and he was good enough to take advantage of it and took the win away from us.

"There was a lot of effort there, the difference in the game was Jarryd Hayne.

While reaffirming their commitment to continue to fight for a finals spot until it becomes a mathematical impossibility, Cartwright conceded their poor kicking game at present is putting greater pressure on their defence.

Although a Daniel Mortimer kick led directly to a try for Anthony Don that gave the Titans a 12-6 advantage 10 minutes into the second half, he and makeshift five-eighth Brad Takairangi were unable to earn their side a repeat set for the entire 80 minutes having only produced one the week before against the Knights.

First-choice No.6 Aidan Sezer is awaiting medical clearance before he is able to return from a pectoral injury but the desperate nature of the situation ahead of next Saturday's clash with the Cowboys may force Cartwright to at least ask the question.

"It's a medical decision. When he's medically right... We're missing his kicking game, big time, Cartwright admitted. "We're getting up into good positions to kick the ball and we're not making them work hard enough on the back of our kicking game.

"The first half, we got not a lot of help with penalties and when a side's playing well – and they were completing pretty high – you've got to rely on your short kicking game or to get some penalties to get some decent ball so we didn't get a lot of decent ball and the decent ball we did get we come up with points.

"When a bit of fatigue set in, that's when you notice it. Guys that aren't used to playing in those positions, when the fatigue sets in the football goes a little bit out the window and they start to play a little bit one-out. It was our doing, we turned over too many balls in a short period of time and they made us pay.

"Obviously we're going to have to turn things around in terms of tight games and winning games but no one's giving up, I can guarantee you that."

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like he wants Haynes Autograph
    FFS! Have some balls carty and admit how awful our team is playing. You are a mediocre coach pushing boring one dimensional football. Never once have I heard him take any responsibility for any loss our club suffers.

Always an excuse. This is what our club has become. Week after week another excuse! Ah wells Zillman will be Fullback next week and we will maybe grind out 1 or 2 wins on the way to 10-12th spot. Another wasted year.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    The difference in playing structure and the individuals skill level between the Eels and Titans was so evident.

Brad Arthur has had 6 months with his team, and Cartwright 8 years.

Says it all.

Titans will remain a basket case until Cartwright and Searle are punted
    An excellent point. Couldn't say it any clearer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Heard people turned up @ the gate wearing #sackcarty t shirts & were told take them off or ya not coming in..
    Karnage ??

Haven't read any posts if someone has already posted it
    HAHAHAHAHA!!! Wow, that is RIDICULOUS!! I was at the races till 5 o'clock so I was wearing long pants and a business shirt but the message has been received - when I wear mine I'll keep a jumper on until I'm in my seat.

Hilarious...

You know what this means don't you?? The management are so acutely aware of the #sackCarty campaign that they have taken the time to instruct security to be on the lookout for the gear. This is a HUGE victory.

As for that BS that he dribbled in the press conference, he said exactly the same thing about Milford.

This loss was not about our inability to stop Hayne. Once again, as it has been all year, it was our inability to SCORE ENOUGH POINTS. The Eels were always going to score 20 points plus on a perfect night for footy, and as soon as they did that was the end of the game.

We did not lose because of a couple of runaway tries - we lost because we squandered too many opportunities at the business end of the field. We scored 12 points last night WHILE THE GAME WAS ONE THE LINE. The other six points were just a junk time try conceded by a team that had done enough to win the game.

We need to stop focus on trying to stop points and start trying to score them ourselves.

BORING

ONE DIMENSIONAL

Ill DISCIPLINED

PLAYING IN A F$%@&ING AWAY STRIP

The only things that come to mind about the team last night.

Scored >24 in a game
    Syd 10
    Sou 8
    Bri 8
    Nql 7
    Pen 7
    Mel 6
    Par 5
    War 5
    Man 5
    Sti 4
    Wst 4
    Cbr 4
    New 4
    Cby 3
    Cro 2
    Gld 1

- - - Updated - - -

Not specifically relevant to this thread, just a reply to karnage's point

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    As for that BS that he dribbled in the press conference, he said exactly the same thing about Milford.

This loss was not about our inability to stop Hayne. Once again, as it has been all year, it was our inability to SCORE ENOUGH POINTS. The Eels were always going to score 20 points plus on a perfect night for footy, and as soon as they did that was the end of the game.

We did not lose because of a couple of runaway tries - we lost because we squandered too many opportunities at the business end of the field. We scored 12 points last night WHILE THE GAME WAS ONE THE LINE. The other six points were just a junk time try conceded by a team that had done enough to win the game.

We need to stop focus on trying to stop points and start trying to score them ourselves.

BORING

ONE DIMENSIONAL

Ill DISCIPLINED

Maybe next week they could try using white tape on their left boots to get the season back on track.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    BORING

ONE DIMENSIONAL

Ill DISCIPLINED

I add ... if Hayne was so good why didn't he put enough players on him to stop that ... remember years ago when Cartwright took all the praise for kicking long to stifle out Slater? Rogers told me that Prince had come up with that little ploy.

As for playing in the away strip that is not only so disrespectful it is so pathetically childishly superstitious.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I add ... if Hayne was so good why didn't he put enough players on him to stop that ... remember years ago when Cartwright took all the praise for kicking long to stifle out Slater? Rogers told me that Prince had come up with that little ploy.

As for playing in the away strip that is not only so disrespectful it is so pathetically childishly superstitious.
    The reason we lost is because we didn't get dressed in the AWAY DRESSING ROOMS!! Something to work on for the next game...

On the 'away' experiment... I saw Nate Myles rock up to the ground alone, maybe it's the team bus that we need to recreate

He was probably caught short when the bus left and had to have a tom-tit .... aaah, of course, the away dressing rooms, that was it.

QLD Cup

Totally unsatisfactory press conference. I agree with all the comments above.
    On top of it hearing Gould rattle on during the Tigers game about the tough job coaches have as if the pressure on Carty is some type of knee jerk reaction to a couple of losses, really grates.

There is some sort of agenda being run by the commentators and it revolves around the "old boys club". All those high profile ex-players have circled the wagons and they have tremendous power because all those who are not in the media don't really give a toss anymore and the Titans are the last on any of their agendas.

So cartys excuses have been basically;
    *confidence (dont know how to get it, well just keep doing what we do until it comes back)
    *Milford was all they had (he was too good, nevermind if he was all they had, then it should have been easy to cover ONE guy)
    *Hayne was too good. (waving white flag and telling teams if you have any type of superstar, we cant really contain you. your welcome.)

he is clueless as to why we are struggling... and wearing the white jersey is just saying im completely effed, so im going to try to trick grown men that we are playing this in sydney?

How can any other conclusion be drawn except that we are literally out of all possible other ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

So cartys excuses have been basically;
    *confidence (dont know how to get it, well just keep doing what we do until it comes back)
    *Milford was all they had (he was too good, nevermind if he was all they had, then it should have been easy to cover ONE guy)
    *Hayne was too good. (waving white flag and telling teams if you have any type of superstar, we cant really contain you. your welcome.)

he is clueless as to why we are struggling... and wearing the white jersey is just saying im completely effed, so im going to try to trick grown men that we are playing this in sydney?

How can any other conclusion be drawn except that we are literally out of all possible other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Oh crap! When I said that Cartwright only had one original idea in 8 years, that was the one. It wasn't even his!