Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Titans Internal Review...

Here is a copy and paste from the board.
    "The board of the iSelect Gold Coast Titans today resolved to immediately commence a complete review of the club’s operations both on and off the field.

The board openly concedes team performance has recently been unsatisfactory despite a tough injury toll in the past three months and this has had an extensive effect on the business as a whole.

It feels a wholesale internal review is necessary so critical decisions can be made on a factual basis rather than implementing a kneejerk short-term response.

The review will start immediately and a report is expected to be presented to the board expediently.

“It is obvious to our members, fans and the board that the situation needs to improve quickly to restore confidence in the future of this club,” said chairman Rebecca Frizelle.

“Rarely are problems caused by a single factor, therefore rarely will a single response lead to long term improvement. The board needs to fully understand the reasons for under-performance across the entire business and act accordingly.

“Clearly, crowds and revenue are affected by team performance, so we cannot sit on our hands in the hope things will improve without an appropriate strategy in place.

“I can assure our members, supporters, and partners, the board is entirely focussed on improving the situation and we will not shirk our responsibility when confronted with the tough decisions that will need to be made based on fact.”

Text from here. http://www.titans.com.au/news/2014/0..._chairman.html

Not the bit that I have highlighted in bold......... Any wonder things don't change, they only think that performances haven't been good in the last 3 months.............. Did they forget the wooden spoon and the bottom of the ladder efforts of the last couple of years.....

In fairness to Rebecca Frizelle and the Board the reference to three months might be because that is how long the Board has been in place. When I spoke to her, while I was having my whinge about things, she did state that the Board, at that stage, had only been in place for two months and that they should be given some time. Fair call on her behalf I thought.
    I certainly agree that the poor performances go back a lot longer than three months.

It's scary that the onfield results seems to be primary issue that makes the whole show a shambles, lol. Sorry Rebecca, that's only a small part of it.

Get Searle to sell out his share and walk away from the Franchise. Then we might be in for a shot to surviving long term. Anything short of that will pretty well guarantee the Club's demise.
    Last edited by Toads; 16-07-14 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    It's scary that the onfield results seems to be primary issue that makes the whole show is a shambles, lol. Sorry Rebecca, that's only a small part of it. Get Searle to sell out his share and walk away from the Franchise. Then we might be in for a shot to surviving long term.
    You are right Toads but a couple of points re Searle:
    1) if he doesn't want to sell, Rebecca Frizelle or anyone else cannot make him. I guess we need some person who is prepared to pay above market value for Searle's share and make it attractive for him.
    2) who would buy in to the Titans the way things are at the moment. I wouldn't.

Of course if we had a larger Board that could easily out vote Searle and have the CEO operate as per normal business requirements where he/she must carry out Board directives, then that would help a lot.

True mate. No one can force him to sell. But it's something Searle is going to have to address at some point. So, should he try and get out while it's worth something, or take it to the wall. Only Searle can make that decision.

Time will tell how much he cares about the Coast has a Team in the National Comp. The extent of his selfishness will eventually be revealed (unfortunately).

I have no confidence in the review. I fear that the only jobs to be gone will be Gilly etc and Carty will be like Teflon and still be in his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    I have no confidence in the review. I fear that the only jobs to be gone will be Gilly etc and Carty will be like Teflon and still be in his job.
    Just a thought I was having is this.

Rebecca Frizelle and the Family Business have been successful and have build a reputable Business on the Coast over a number of decades. I would imagine that she would have in her own right a respected reputation within the Business Community here on the Coast and possibly the South East Corner. She now Presides over the Titans Advisary Board and if after this so called review nothing of substance eventuates, one could be forgiven in assuming that her reputation could take a hit ??

I don't know , just a thought. ??

Just on the " Board". It's an " Advisary Board" not a Board Of Directors. So all that will happen is the review recommendations will be presented to the owners for them to make any decisions / Actions if any.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...tn49.html#poll
    This article is about some of the rumours of Beale, Folau and K Hunt maybe switching back to league. That isn't the reason for posting it though. There is a poll at the end of the article. Guess who I voted for......

Story from the Daily Telegraph...

GOLD Coast CEO Graham Annesley says NRL expertise will be sought in a review of all club operations ordered by the Titans board which he says will be delivered “within weeks’’.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226992614578

I think that one of the impediments to Searle going is that he guaranteed a lot of the finance for the club when the Centre of Extravagance was going down … he may be linked to such an extent that they can't get him out.

At least the media is in on exposing these bludgers because that's what I think of the vast majority of our players.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    Story from the Daily Telegraph...

GOLD Coast CEO Graham Annesley says NRL expertise will be sought in a review of all club operations ordered by the Titans board which he says will be delivered “within weeks’’.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226992614578
    Well that is good at least. They must be worried about Membership and Sponsorship renewals to fast track it.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Review of Gold Coast Titans ‘allpart of the plan’

GOLD Coast Titans boss Graham Annesley insists the impending review of the club’s football department should not be interpreted as a move against head coach John Cartwright, but rather one that *reflects the club’s desire to meet the standards Cartwright helped set in the club’s formative years.

After winning the race for the NRL’s 16th licence, the Titans quickly emerged as a force to be reckoned with, qualifying for a place in the finals in 2009 — after just their third season.

They made another semi-final appearance in 2010 and appeared on track to fulfil the club’s then owner Michael Searle’s quest to build a team capable of challenging for a title inside five years.

That dream was shattered in spectacular fashion in 2011, as the Titans fell from the lofty heights of a preliminary final appearance to finish in last place in year five.

Since then Cartwright has worked to rebuild both his squad and the club’s battered pride and, while the playing list appears capable of challenging for a finals berth, the reality confronting Gold Coast fans is that this will mark the fourth straight year out of the competition’s top eight.

Having dropped seven of their past nine games, the Titans travel to Newcastle this weekend, where they face the unenviable task of taking on a Knights outfit determined to deliver something special for their seriously injured teammate, Alex McKinnon, in the “Rise for Alex” round.

A 10th loss for the year would all but end their already slim hopes of a top-eight finish and turn the heat up on Cartwright, who declared at the start of this year that his future at the club hinged on a return to the finals.

Annesley was non-commital when asked if that remained the case, but admitted the club’s board was concerned at the drastic fall from grace, which has seen the *Titans slip from first place after five rounds to 13th.

“The club is OK (financially). Like all rugby league clubs we could be in a lot better position,” Annesley said. “It’s a long process, you can’t wave a magic wand over things that have been created over a long period of time.

“It’s common knowledge that this club is fighting its way back from some pretty difficult times and that’s going to be an ongoing process and that’s why the board are motivated to try and make the right decisions for the future to ensure the sustainability of this club.

“This is not a John Cartwright witch-hunt; this is about all aspects of our business. We’ve got a whole range of issues that we need to confront.

“On-field performance is one of them, but that ebbs and flows. That’s part of sport. We’ve got other issues around our revenue, stadium access; we’ve got a whole range of issues that the board wants to be armed with the right information before they make any decisions.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226994099985
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Review of Gold Coast Titans ‘allpart of the plan’

They made another semi-final appearance in 2010 and appeared on track to fulfil the club’s then owner Michael Searle’s quest to build a team capable of challenging for a title inside five years.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226994099985
    Funny, I thought he was still the owner...... or is majority share holder not an owner....

LMAO … a spin to distance Searle from the club … I wonder how much of that we are going to see now?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.