Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    Big call, it has never happened before. 188 games is the longest current streak and the 22nd longest streak in NRL/ARL/SL/NSWRL history
    it will be Cartrights crowning glory. He owes us this to put an exclamation mark on his titans coaching career.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Hearing word Sezer is close. Anyone think he'll play this week? Even the Cook Islands abandoned playing Taka at 6. I think Kev goes alright at fullback. Could be an interesting last roll of the dice for Carty.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Hearing word Sezer is close. Anyone think he'll play this week? Even the Cook Islands abandoned playing Taka at 6. I think Kev goes alright at fullback. Could be an interesting last roll of the dice for Carty.
    Zillman goes alright at FB too. It's like Cartwright puts guys with suspect form/hands in key positions to give them some practice at catching and passing.
    Wouldn't Don be a better option at FB? I know Kevin played a couple of games there last year, but he's been very ordinary collecting passes and simple kicks for the past couple of months.
    I hope he gets some space and can get up to speed, because I haven't seen much Flash out of him lately either.
    Mullen will target him with everything IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I don't mind Taylor playing there but Taka has been a liability almost everywhere. He is the perfect replacement for Mini. You never know what you are gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I don't rate Sezer and we need to be looking at other options, either what we have or recruit for the position for next year. Personally Kelly and Mortimer look the best halves options for me when fit. Taka at 5/8 - that's one of Carty's best.

So right MT … Sezer needs a new coach (so do most of our young blokes) and Mortimer/Kelly sounds about right … and I have just realised that I am addicted to this site as I have nothing good to say at all.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    and I have just realised that I am addicted to this site as I have nothing good to say at all.
    Haha, join the club mate. It almost feels like the off season because I have so little to look forward to for the next few months.
    Just making small talk until we have some glimmer of hope in 2015.

Banned

this is basically it for us guys. a loss and we can forget about finals this year.

So.... time to be spanked.

Newcastle are going to be gunning, in front of a huge crowd.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by titanslurker View Post
    this is basically it for us guys. a loss and we can forget about finals this year.
    We might win this and I hope we do...but I have long ago given up the thought of playing finals this year.

Looks like a day to be selling #riseforAlex Ponchos

- - - Updated - - -

Bird gutted to miss McKinnon tribute
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
    NRL.com
    9:00am Sun 20th July, 2014

He will join with more than 30,000 Novocastrians today and Rise For Alex but suspended Titans co-captain Greg Bird is exactly the kind of player who would also have risen to the occasion.

Sentimentalists and bookmakers alike give the Titans little chance of upsetting Newcastle on such an emotional and important day for the home side with the absence of Bird further weighting the odds in the Knights' favour.

Just days after the Titans board sent shockwaves through the club with the announcement of a comprehensive review into all aspects of the business, the Titans can ill afford to be without Bird as they attempt to rescue their season.

But more than the 80 minutes of on-field action he has been denied due to a two-game suspension coming out of Origin III, Bird won't get to honour injured Knights forward Alex McKinnon in the manner in which he is accustomed.

A Hunter Valley product like McKinnon, Bird's ties to the Knights will soon be tighter as he counts down to the day he weds Rebecca Rochow, sister of Newcastle back-rower Robbie Rochow.

He and fellow co-captain Nate Myles visited McKinnon in hospital shortly after the accident – they also spent time with Storm forward Jordan McLean – and Bird is extremely disappointed to not be playing on such an important day for the community.

"Very disappointed. You always want to go back to your home town and play where your family can come out and watch, that's one thing, but with the occasion as well for Alex, it's going to be a spectacle, not only on the field but everything that's happening off the field and in the community of Newcastle," said Bird, who came through the junior system at the Knights after playing his junior footy in Maitland. "Disappointed I can't run out onto the paddock but I'll be there with the boys in preparation and hopefully we can go out there and get the job done.

"To see someone that's been dealt the cards he has and he's still so positive about the situation it is uplifting and it makes you feel very grateful and thankful for what we have, being fit and healthy.

"I think it's a good opportunity to pay him back, to show some respect to him and I think it's a great initiative what the NRL has done, raising some money and awareness for his situation."

As much as the entire round is devoted to McKinnon and raising money for the battles he faces, the Titans desperately need two competition points in order to dim the spotlight somewhat that is currently trained on coach John Cartwright.

A loss on Sunday would almost certainly spell the end of the Titans' finals aspirations for 2014 but Bird says the enormity of the occasion will guarantee they can get no favours from the home side.

"I don't think there will be ambushes going on with 40,000 crazy Novocastrians in the grandstand," said Bird. "I know what they're like, I'm from that area, so it's going to be a battle. And the battle is going to be won or lost in the middle and that's where all big games are won and lost.

"They've got a strong, experienced forward pack down there with 'Mase' (Willie Mason) and Jeremy Smith and Beau Scott and our blokes – Nate Myles, Luke Bailey, Mark Minichiello – are going to have to stand up and give it to them and I'm sure it's going to be a fierce battle in there.

"The atmosphere's going to be pretty ecstatic really. The way they reacted after the incident first happened, they came out and had a really strong performance and all bonded together and stuck solid and got a win for Alex.

"I'm assuming it's going to be quite a similar atmosphere on the playing pitch but outside of it they're going to have 40,000 people there so it's going to be a great opportunity for a lot of these guys who haven't played in big games before, Origins and semi-final matches with packed stadiums so it's an opportunity to go out and show their wares."
    #itaintweaktospeak

Delayed telecast 3 hours later here so I won't be commenting, much to the relief of you all, until after that … good luck guys, as always when it comes to match days I am just hoping for the win.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

image.jpg This will make it harder to win

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously he put Douglas in second-row over Myles!!!! What the hell Carty. You pick a natural prop over a second rower in Myles. Cartwright has to go. He has no brains in his head

Emotional scenes for #RiseforAlex.

Beau Falloon gone off for concussion test. Carter gone hooker.

- - - Updated - - -

Close call but no try for Taka. Just lost it before grounding it. Fair call by video refs.

Rep Player

Great kick pressure but then everyone just stands around and waits for him to kick!