Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Yawn, stretch … I wake up and read … huh what's this? …. hahahahahahahahahaha …. hohohohohohohohoho …. lolololololololol … who is he kidding?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Yawn, stretch … I wake up and read … huh what's this? …. hahahahahahahahahaha …. hohohohohohohohoho …. lolololololololol … who is he kidding?
    Its so embarrassing to read this stuff.

Promising us pts lolololol
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm surprised you guys read it through. I pulled up at the title of "Let us entertain you".
    Last edited by Toads; 12-07-14 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Its so embarrassing to read this stuff.

Promising us pts lolololol
    Very embarrasing. Does he think we haven't been watching this year. There's another article in the Bully today with quotes from Carty about how well we played on Monday night and need to back it up. If we play like we did on Monday night even the Raiders would beat us. Everyone except Carty seems to think Souths played well on Monday when in fact they were pathetic.
    Sure, I'll take the win, but don't take us for fools.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Kelly's plea: Let us entertain you
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
    NRL.com
    12:00pm Fri 11th July, 2014

Electrifying Titans half Albert Kelly is using the lure of a point-scoring spree to urge Titans fans to get out in big numbers on Sunday, insisting their voices could make all the difference to their 2014 finals aspirations.

Coming off a drought-breaking win over the Rabbitohs, the Titans need to knock over Canberra at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday just to keep pace with the top eight and Kelly for one wants to see a significant jump on the average home crowd of 13,637 thus far.

With so many transplanted southerners living on the Gold Coast away teams often find themselves with a decent chunk of the crowd sporting the colours of the visitors but Kelly said with nine games to go they need the locals to stand up and be counted.

"Hopefully the Gold Coast comes out to the games and lifts that crowd up because I think we lack that crowd atmosphere," Kelly told NRL.com.

"If the crowd can get behind us in most of these games in the last run it could help us with our confidence as well. If we hear the crowd singing out 'Titans, Titans' and we're down 10-0, that could give us a nice, good kick and we can put some points on the board and get away with some wins."

Although they have scored six more tries than the Sharks, the rest of the Titans' attacking stats are a horror show that belie their reasonable position on the ladder through 17 rounds.

They are last by a wide margin in line-breaks, last in tackle-breaks and last in try assists yet boast a backline regularly referred to as the quickest in the competition.
    William Zillman, Kevin Gordon, James Roberts and David Mead are all speedsters capable of going the length of the field to score a try and Kelly is prepared to put their try-scoring capabilities up against any team in the competition.

"I know for a fact that we can score points, it's just that there are a few areas we need to work on with our defence," Kelly said. "With the likes of James, Kevvie, Meady that can run 90 metres to score a try, I'll back our attack any day."

The other big boost to the Titans' attack is the return of Kelly who is feeling better than he has since suffering a fracture in his left leg in Round 8 against the Wests Tigers.

Kelly somehow backed up a week after receiving the knock to face the Rabbitohs in Round 9 but then missed games against the Broncos and Warriors before returning in Round 13 against the Panthers.

Ongoing complications with the injury then kept Kelly from lining up in narrow losses to the Storm and Dragons before making a 51-minute cameo off the bench in the 14-10 win over South Sydney.

He remains on an extended bench as coach John Cartwright toys with the right combination to face the big Raiders pack but Kelly insists the physical and mental scars have now healed.

"Yes, definitely," Kelly said when asked whether this is the best it has felt since Round 8. "It's coming along very well and if I just keep doing my pre-hab and my recovery I'll be ticking all the boxes to get back playing a lot more minutes.

"It just felt really good [during Thursday's training session], I'm pretty surprised by it actually. I did a lot of box jumps and that doing weights and it pulled up pretty sweet from that and came out did that whole session so pretty happy with the session today.

"I'm pretty sure it's the muscles and the scar tissue around the break. Last week I only did five calf raises compared to the right side where I could do 30 or 40. I did a few today and it felt a lot better.

"I previously broke my other leg at Cronulla and that was supposed to be 6-8 weeks and it ended up being 17 weeks. It does play a bit on your mind and that confidence level and what you need to take into a game, you really need that confidence.

"Because I did it before it kind of played on my mind as well. I had a few weeks off and then played again and hurt it again and then had another few weeks off and I think that was a bit better. I played on the weekend and got through that pretty good."
    Let us entertain you.
    "We can score points.
    But we have worked on our defence.
    No, the head coach isn't confusing me."

QLD Cup

Worrying signs! after six defeats and one scrappy win against an opponent off their game, they have the attitude that the Raiders game is a gimme? I can see an upset on the cards.

QUOTE "I know for a fact that we can score points, it's just that there are a few areas we need to work on with our defence," Kelly said. "With the likes of James, Kevvie, Meady that can run 90 metres to score a try, I'll back our attack any day."QUOTE

I dont necessarily want our blokes to run 90 metres (all that means is that we have taken an intercept!). I just want a few attacking plays in the opposition half.
    "I know for a fact we can score points" - prior to this round our attack is rated 15th. I am getting more laughs reading quotes from Carty and the players than I do from the Comedy Channel. The worrying thing appears to be that they believe what they are saying.

KFFL in for Mead. Why would we not put Don on the wing?

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    KFFL in for Mead. Why would we not put Don on the wing?
    He's probably going for the element of surprise/confusion
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

It's an interesting title because in my member survey and in all the emails I sent, I specifically stated that the Titans don't entertain the fans with their style of footy, and going to the footy is supposed to be entertainment etc. I am pretty sure a few others made similar comments.

I wonder if they are going to try a bit of razzle-dazzle stuff since the season is gone, and try and make some flashy plays.

Personally, I'd rather watch them lose in a high scoring, end-to-end encounter than drag out a close, low scoring, "grinding" win.

If we win, we jump up to 10th on the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    If we win, we jump up to 10th on the ladder.
    Let's highlight the word IF , almost any other team would class this game as a Gimme but no supporter for the Titans should be thinking that
    #itaintweaktospeak

Raiders can take a leaf from Titans scrap-book
    By Dan Walsh
    NRL.com
    5:10am Sun 13th July, 2014

Prop Dane Tilse says the Raiders expect nothing less than a dogfight from the Titans this Sunday, and will need to take a leaf out of their opposition's book if they're to record their first win since May.

There was nothing pretty about the Titans' Monday night Bunny boilover, when they pulled off one of the upsets of the season in triumphing 14-10 in a game where there were more penalties and errors recorded than points scored, but the win moves them to within two points of the top eight after six losses on the trot had their season on life support.

Five of the Titans seven wins this season have come by a margin of six points or less, and Tilse says the Raiders can learn from their opponent's ability to grind their way to victory.

"It'll boost them in confidence no doubt, knowing they didn't play their best footy on Monday but ground out a win anyway, and we could probably take a bit of that on board," says Tilse.

"The Titans are pretty good at that, they're very good when it gets down to a scrap so we're going to have to be really good and willing to go at them in that sense to beat them on Sunday.

"They've always been a committed side with some great players, and they love fighting over a bone.

"They're a strong forward pack and they've got a lot of offloads in them too, so we're going to have to muscle up in defence as well."

Both outfits have struggled to score points this season, with the Titans (249) ranking 15th in the league and the typically flamboyant Raiders (272) not faring much better, despite generating some of the most second-phase football in the NRL.

The Titans sit behind only the Sharks – who have failed to trouble the scorers on four occasions this year – for offloads, with an average of 12.4 a game, while the Raiders are sixth in the competition with 10.3 per match.

The Raiders and the Titans also rank poorly when it comes to errors – Canberra (fourth worst) averaging 12 a game, and the Titans the worst in the NRL with 13.1 a match – and Tilse admitted capitalising on their second-phase play would see the Raiders go a long way to winning their first game since trouncing the Cowboys (who were missing their Origin stars) 42-12 in Round 11.

"I think with defences these days, they're so hard to crack, you really need a bit of second phase to get the defensive line a bit staggered and not so organised, but obviously you've got to hang onto the ball at the same time" says Tilse.

"It's definitely a good option in terms of playing fast and direct against that staggered line.

"If you can get controlled offloads and keep your completions high, it's going to help any side. If you're offloading a lot it can lead to errors and affect your completion rates. And everyone knows how important they are.

"It depends on what stage of the game it is, and you've got to control and calculate it, but with what comes off the back of it with our young fast blokes like (Anthony) Milford and Mac (halfback Josh McCrone) it suits our game.

"It's a positive for them so we need to get our offloading game going as well to match them."

Canberra are yet to name a replacement for would-be debutant Jeremy Hawkins, who was slated to play his first NRL game in Sunday's fixture before the Raiders were denied an exemption from the competition's second tier salary cap, on the grounds that other players already included in their top squad were available in his position.

Tilse conceded that while it is a disappointment for the youngster, who bagged four tries for feeder club Mounties last weekend, as long as the NRL applied the laws consistently he did not have an issue with the contentious ruling.

"It is disappointing for him," says Tilse.

"Obviously you look forward to making your debut and we look forward to seeing a young guy come into the team as well.

"But rules are rules and as long as the NRL's being consistent with it that's all you can ask for. We've had players turned down before and other clubs have before too."
    #itaintweaktospeak

Did anyone else see Trent Robinson saying that we are the team who reacts to penalties the best. Are you serious Trent????

I think that headline that read " Let us Entertain you" should've been in the 20's thread they are playing a very entertaining game today 54-22 , a Scoreline the 1st grade team isn't capable of ever
    #itaintweaktospeak