Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by GCT_89 View Post
    Nate Myles shat on the floor of a hotel hallway....
    Just putting that out there, in case anyone had forgotten....
    & he is one of Carneys good mates .... The main difference between the 2 is probably the fact that there wasn't pictures all over the net of him doing his deed
    #itaintweaktospeak

Can't believe people on twitter are actually sticking up for Todd. The bloke pissed in his own mouth. He was given chance after chance but decided to ruin his career. He could have been a great player too. Feel sorry for the sharks actually.

You know, personally, I couldn't care less what people do to themselves in their own time, as long as it doesn't affect anyone else.

So, basically, if Todd feels the need to give himself a refreshing mouthful of warm urine, that's up to him. He is clearly a moron, not just for doing it in the first place, but more for letting someone take a photo of it and upload it for the world to see.

Pick better mates and pick better pastimes, but I don't see how banning him from playing sport is the answer.

Different to when he did it some other blokes leg though.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    You know, personally, I couldn't care less what people do to themselves in their own time, as long as it doesn't affect anyone else.

Pick better mates and pick better pastimes, but I don't see how banning him from playing sport is the answer.

Different to when he did it some other blokes leg though.
    Agree with most of that C-Whiz but I don't want to see him playing NRL again. He has had too many chances and I don't want him trashing the game any longer. I was no saint in my younger days but if I kept putting crap back on my employer like he has I would have been shown the door with a lot less chances than this mong has had.
    If there is one thing I don't like it's the public perception that League players are generally dumb bastards and keeping a goose like Carney in the game just feeds that opinion.
    I don't want to stop him playing sport - just not NRL, if any other code wants to waste their time with him.

Surely he'll be on the next flight to the Joel Monaghan league....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Statement regarding Todd Carney

NRL
    6:43pm Sun 29th June, 2014

The NRL said today it supported the decision of the Cronulla Sharks to terminate Todd Carney’s contract.

Chief Operating Officer Jim Doyle said the photo posted on social media was unacceptable and tarnished the image of the game.

“The overwhelming majority of NRL players are great role models who do such good work on and off the field,” he said.

“But those who want to bring the game into disrepute are on notice that their behaviour will not be tolerated and the Sharks should be commended for taking such a strong stand in this instance."

Earlier, Cronulla Sharks CEO Steve Noyce issued the following statement on behalf of the Cronulla Sharks:

The Cronulla Shark Football Club has today after careful consideration and lengthy deliberation, including discussions with senior NRL management, made a decision to terminate Todd Carney’s NRL playing contract effective immediately.

At the Sharks we are committed to building a successful club, a club with strong values and a club which sets and respects high standards in all aspects of its operations and activities.

When Todd was first signed to the Sharks he was made well aware of his responsibilities both on and off the field, to himself, the club and to the game in general, however the photograph that appeared last night on social media does not meet the values and standards the club is looking to uphold and take into the future.

As with any difficult decision, whilst you can’t change the past, it is important to put measures in place that can deliver positive outcomes both in the present and into the future.

The club and the NRL will be committed to working with Todd, his family and his management in implementing appropriate counseling and support, with the start of this process to begin tonight.
    #itaintweaktospeak

There is something about Canberra....

I feel sorry for Sharks fans, although there are many sticking up for Carney.

I just want to see him gone myself.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I know for a fact he's suffering mental illness that appears he is not treating with respect.

I hope he gets himself right
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

The Guy has issues and either is not getting the right support or is some one who doesnt want help.
    The person who took the photo and posted it online needs investigating, was it a team mate or another player if so they need to be looked at. I have seen worse and heard worse.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Maybe his old mate Nick might be able to help him out of the rut he is in?

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=9040286

Carney to sue Sharks for $3 million
    07:22 AEST Tue Oct 13 2015

Todd Carney is suing Cronulla for close to $3 million in what he calls a bid to protect fellow players.

The troubled former Australian playmaker was sacked by the NRL club in June last year after a lewd photo purporting to show him urinating in his own mouth emerged online.

Carney and his lawyers on Monday met with the Rugby League Players Association as he prepares to sue the club for unfair dismissal.

Earlier in the year he won a claim before the NRL Appeals Committee after he argued they denied him a chance to plead his case before the club board.

The former NSW State of Origin halfback said he learned of his sacking from teammate Wade Graham before being given the chance to give his side of the story.

"I feel I was harshly done by. Some people don't," Carney told the Nine Network.

"I want it to be cleaned up because I think one day the club might think back to what's happened to me and it might help another player."

Carney resumed his playing career in France with Super League club Catalans and last month signed a three-year contract extension.

However he did not rule out a return to Australia, saying he still got goosebumps watching the game.

Carney has a lengthy rap sheet, having previously been sacked by Canberra and Sydney Roosters for alcohol-related issues.

He was axed by the Raiders in 2008 after being accused of urinating on a patron in a nightclub while he was let go by the Roosters for breaching an alcohol ban in 2011, the year after guiding them to the premiership and winning the Dally M.

While he has a chequered past, his lawyer Julieanne Levick said Cronulla had not followed due process by allowing him a hearing.

"If they had acted reasonably in the first instance we wouldn't be here now," she said.

"It would've been settled."

I can see him winning this...