Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    This is the reason I will be boycotting every home game where Zillman is selected at Fullback
    That's big. With people like you boycotting. The club is in terminal position without something drastic and positive happening.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i agree to an extent mate, but as far as Meady has been told, Zillman can continue to play as poor as he is and WILL BE the fullback for the entire year, and Mead could be Jarryd Hayne in disguise and he woudnt get picked. Its about rewarding performance and driving standards forwards. Or in this case, not rewarding performance and pissing off a club favourite.
    Yes mate, i agree, and I am obviosly not sticking up for the the current selection fiasco, but even Jarryd Hayne had to wait for his chance. Mead will get his chance, if he stays. Zillman wont leave by choice, but that doesn't mean he will stay at FB forever. Z-man was moved last week, Carty may be moved before season end, things might start to happen. All I am saying is that if Meady wants to be a Titan, and I hope he does, then he will just have to bide his time, as ridiculous as the situation may be, until he gets the chance again to make the FB spot his.

We all need to be patient. I just hope Meady has enough patience to wait it out for the long term benefit.

This is farcical

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Rep Player

****.THIS.CLUB

This is the reason I will be boycotting every home game where Zillman is selected at Fullback
    Can I have your seats?

It's a big call from you Pete, and I don't really think it helps by denying yourself to be part of something you love, but I also feel your frustration.

I guess there are many fans who feel they are at the same crossroads as Meady at the moment.

Do we stay or do we go?

I hope we can all find a reason to stick around until the end of the season and see what the fallout is.

I can't imagine this train-wreck lasting another 10 rounds.

Again another case of the coast all over the ship with selections and recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Can I have your seats?

It's a big call from you Pete, and I don't really think it helps by denying yourself to be part of something you love, but I also feel your frustration.

I guess there are many fans who feel they are at the same crossroads as Meady at the moment.

Do we stay or do we go?

I hope we can all find a reason to stick around until the end of the season and see what the fallout is.

I can't imagine this train-wreck lasting another 10 rounds.
    If Zillman is selected at Fullback for the Raiders game then yes u can have my seats mate I will be going to watch Tweed v PNG where I know I'll see a quality game of footy & the best players will be playing in the positions they should be playing in..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Ex-Raiders

Carney
    Monaghan
    Dugan
    Ferguson

C'mon Zillman, the future of the coast depends on you.....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

If Zillman is selected at Fullback for the Raiders game then yes u can have my seats mate I will be going to watch Tweed v PNG where I know I'll see a quality game of footy & the best players will be playing in the positions they should be playing in..
    Skilled is going to be dead set EMPTY for that game v Canberra. We should seriously organise banners etc to get maximum exposure for TV - the only problem being that Canberra are so rubbish we will probably win!!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Skilled is going to be dead set EMPTY for that game v Canberra. We should seriously organise banners etc to get maximum exposure for TV - the only problem being that Canberra are so rubbish we will probably win!!
    Mate. I have been thinking the same and bring a banner to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    True. Titans are reminding me of GCU now. It's going to be so empty.

I think taking SAVE THE TITANS banners to games is a better thing to do than simply boycotting.

The game is Sunday at 2pm, four days AFTER origin 3. We will be staring at 8 straight losses (we are losing at Souths this coming Monday...) so it will be very interesting to see the way our leaders back up.

Taylor should be right and I think we'll have Carter back. Seriously, we should win 13+

Carter played on the weekend and Mortimer will have had more time to work out our complex game plan … I'm expecting Kelly to play with Mortimer and Blair at left centre … goodness knows who'll wear 1 … surely even blind Carty can see that with the whole world down on the TP that his confidence will be shot. In three weeks the Knights will pass us.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Mortimer will have had more time to work out our complex game plan …

Betcha he is spewing he never took up the Roosters offer! (Don't get confused...this is news from 2009)

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...0628-d0ws.html

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright has dismissed any thoughts of dumping experienced winger Chris Walker to accommodate the NRL club's latest speed sensation David Mead.

Mead lit up Skilled Park with a sizzling performance in the Titans' 28-12 win over the Warriors on Saturday night.

Earmarked by PNG coach Adrian Lam as a future NRL star after making his international debut as a teenager for the Kumuls in last year's World Cup, Mead stepped in late for Walker (migraine) and grabbed two tries, including a spectacular 90-metre first half intercept.

Mead and Kevin Gordon, another young flyer, scored four of the Titans five tries, displaying the same raw pace that launched Walker's career at Broncos a decade ago and won him State of Origin selection before he went off the rails.
    Advertisement

While excited by the potential of 20 year-old Mead and 19-year-old Gordon - the two fastest players in the club - Cartwright said Walker's wing spot was not in jeopardy at the moment.

The Titans threw Walker, who has scored six tries this season, a lifeline in 2007 when he was looking to re-ignite his career after stints with Melbourne and the Roosters.

"It's not a good thing for morale (to do that)," said Cartwright when asked if Mead would keep his place in the wing.

"Walks (Walker) would have played tonight if I had let him.

"He's done a great job for us from day one this year and he doesn't deserve to lose his spot.

"We're just very fortunate we've got guys there of Dave's (Mead) character.

"We've got a few injuries so we'll just have to wait and see."

Mead, from Lismore on the NSW north coast, rejected an offer from the Roosters to stay with Titans for less money and his future looks secure.

The victory was the Titans' seventh straight at their Robina fortress and keeps them on top of the ladder alongside the Bulldogs and Dragons and well placed for an historic finals appearance at the end of the year.

"We need to focus on our away record especially if we want to be talking finals footy later down the track ," said Titans captain Scott Prince.

The Titans took the field against the Warriors with five key players - Mat Rogers, Luke Bailey, Ashley Harrison, Mark Minichiello and Walker - all out injured.

Utility Luke O'Dwyer will have scans over the weekend after suffering an ankle injury.