Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Members Survey Responses

Let's get some of our best responses to the members survey up here for a laugh.

This was my best:

35. How could the Gold Coast Titans improve the benefits of club membership. What were you expecting that was not included in the benefits? Please include as much detail as possible
    Do you get the point yet that all I am really interested in is supporting a winning football team?? I wouldn't care if our members pack contained a steaming bag of dog **** so long as I believed the team was expansive and fun to watch and a chance of playing finals football.

Another one:

47. What did you experience that contributed to your view? Please provide as much detail as possible
    I answered that I will DEFINITELY NOT BE RENEWING. Allow me to elaborate.

There is nothing more I want than to be a PROUD Titans fan - at the moment I am a frustrated, embarrassed, annoyed, angry fan. The 'fan' bit still applies because I will never, ever support anybody else - you can't change that. But you can change the frustrated, embarrassed, annoyed, angry to PROUD by doing the following:
    1. Sack John Cartwright. Do it now before the bye and give Henry the chance to see if he has what it takes up until seasons end. Don't offer him one of those stupid 5 or 7 year deals that the Titans always give out - just 6 months so we can make the right call for 2015.
    2. Before you read on - review answer 1, it's important to me.
    3. Start to get real with the community. There is genuine distrust in Michale Searle. Put in an NRL approved board with people who will make correct business decisions both on the field (point 1) and off the field.
    3. Get a real football manager. At the moment it is Michael Searle and he is doing a terrible job. We do not have anyone in the centres and we have no depth in the halves. The contract handed to Zillman was a complete joke - he is a fringe first grader at best.
    4. Get a recruitment officer. Right now it is Searle's Dad and he is doing a rubbish job - one look at our U20's (who used to be a source of pride) will tell you that.
    5. Actually take the time to read what I wrote here - I took a long time to write it and if you want to discuss it further call me on 04********.

I will be a member again when I am satisfied that the club is being run professionally and not just retaining staff because they are mates with Michael Searle.

Every member should make sure they should fill it out the survey
    #itaintweaktospeak

Seriously members - get real with this survey. I spent 45 minutes on mine but I think it was time well spent if we all get on and have a real crack. Feel free to cut and paste my answer to 47 - you get asked that question by saying that you definitely won't be renewing next year. I don't have facebook otherwise I'd go over there and say the same so can somebody with facebook access please encourage members to really say what they feel in the survey.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Another one:

47. What did you experience that contributed to your view? Please provide as much detail as possible
    I answered that I will DEFINITELY NOT BE RENEWING. Allow me to elaborate.

There is nothing more I want than to be a PROUD Titans fan - at the moment I am a frustrated, embarrassed, annoyed, angry fan. The 'fan' bit still applies because I will never, ever support anybody else - you can't change that. But you can change the frustrated, embarrassed, annoyed, angry to PROUD by doing the following:
    1. Sack John Cartwright. Do it now before the bye and give Henry the chance to see if he has what it takes up until seasons end. Don't offer him one of those stupid 5 or 7 year deals that the Titans always give out - just 6 months so we can make the right call for 2015.
    2. Before you read on - review answer 1, it's important to me.
    3. Start to get real with the community. There is genuine distrust in Michale Searle. Put in an NRL approved board with people who will make correct business decisions both on the field (point 1) and off the field.
    3. Get a real football manager. At the moment it is Michael Searle and he is doing a terrible job. We do not have anyone in the centres and we have no depth in the halves. The contract handed to Zillman was a complete joke - he is a fringe first grader at best.
    4. Get a recruitment officer. Right now it is Searle's Dad and he is doing a rubbish job - one look at our U20's (who used to be a source of pride) will tell you that.
    5. Actually take the time to read what I wrote here - I took a long time to write it and if you want to discuss it further call me on 04********.

I will be a member again when I am satisfied that the club is being run professionally and not just retaining staff because they are mates with Michael Searle.
    This one sums it up for me. Apart from the fact that I'd need Micheal Searle's name to have no association with the Club/Franchise whatsoever.

i filled mine out. said i would maybe renew next year, and at every chance i said the memberships are great value, but the on field is poor.

didnt go quite as crazy as you, but said that we are a boring stale type of team and thats why we arent getting crowds or members. forget winning or losing, its the spirit of the team that is lacking (i dont mean not trying, i mean like how the socceroos are playing up tempo, attacking football and letting that define them).

said that the style might have worked for carty and stuart a decade ago, but the game has moved on and those two are not keeping up.

also in regards to game day, i said that i would like to see burleigh / tweed games played plus the keebra v pbc game as a curtain raiser to nrl, and also that the sponsors games at Half time where people always cheat is really crappy, just get the bomb catching and goal kicking things happening again, everyone likes imagining its them trying to emulate their hero, not trying to put on some effed up costume and throw inflatables into a bigger inflatable.

that was rambling but my responses were more measured and eloquent.

- - - Updated - - -

also, i dont think out halves depth is that bad.

Kelly / Sezer / Henry / Blair / Mortimer... not many teams have 5 options. sure none are world beaters, but we actually can cover injury pretty well right now. wouldnt be in my top 20 things im worried about in our club

Good on you mate. Love the bit you wrote about the Socceroos, that sums up perfectly what I mean when I say I want to be a proud fan.

Pretty sure karnage isn't going to win a signed jersey.

Just did mine and my only pt was

* please don't play Wolfman in the finals this yr.

I know I know wrong forum. Sorry
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Rep Player

That felt great to let that out! Not that it matters or will be heard but hey at least its a start. That said I also didn't spew too much venom but plainly summed up that I will not be renewing my membership for a club that is poorly coached, plays 1 dimensional football and doesnt pick the best 17 to take the field and represent OUR club.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Pretty sure karnage isn't going to win a signed jersey.
    Hahaha.

I haven't given up hope just yet!!

Did mine and covered many of the things said here. Tried to say a few positives such as the kids go free stuff. Spent a bit of time on it and I hope they read the free text responses because that's where the real story is told.

DB - I agree not many clubs have 5 options for the halves but most clubs have at least one of their halves who is better than any of our 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Did mine and covered many of the things said here. Tried to say a few positives such as the kids go free stuff. Spent a bit of time on it and I hope they read the free text responses because that's where the real story is told.

DB - I agree not many clubs have 5 options for the halves but most clubs have at least one of their halves who is better than any of our 5.
    I actually mentioned this as well. Well said!

Sent mine, also not quite as blunt as Karnage, but certainly didn't leave any uncertainty about my thoughts toward Searle and the current coaching/management structure.
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!