Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Fair enough. I am not a Zilly supporter, nor a hater, but people need to give him credit when he has a good game. Sure Meady may be our best choice and he won us the game in the last 5 but give Zilly a wrap when he deserves it.
    Definitely I agree with you he had a improved game and was a great try. I just wont get carried away by one half decent game from him when he has let us down since coming back to fullback. It's like saying Carty is a good coach because we won tonight. But you are only as good as your last game so Zillman gets a pass but again frustrating that it takes him to go off injured to prove who our #1 is.

Anyways I can argue about Zillman for days, hopefully Mead is #1 next week and Zillman can earn his stripes in another position if he is good enough and if he proves he is then I will back him.

Highlight for me tonight was Carter. What a great comeback. Still some penalties in him but he gives us that go forward and dare I say a bit of "fear" of our defense with his hits. Roberts while not explosive in attack was outstanding in defense. Some beautiful efforts! Hopefully a Alby, Mortimer combination can build and give us some momentum into the finals. Fingers crossed now we dont lose anyone in origin

The Rabbits completed 58% of their sets.

The Rabbits made 17 (!!) handling errors.

They missed 22 tackles.

They conceded 10 penalties (I conceded this is a weak point as the refereeing was pathetic)

This win reminds me so much of our Rd 1 win against the Cowboys a few seasons ago when the Cowboys were disgracefully bad. You know what happened after that win?? We came home and got beaten by the Raiders. Oh my God....

I thought cody nelson and tom kingston really stood up tonight.

Good to see that Maurice Blair got hooked after the garbage cross-field bomb to Gordo. Kelly came on and added that x-factor we needed against a tiring defence.
    Taka was grubber happy tonite.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post

This win reminds me so much of our Rd 1 win against the Cowboys a few seasons ago when the Cowboys were disgracefully bad. You know what happened after that win?? We came home and got beaten by the Raiders. Oh my God....
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Didn't have a bad player tonight ( though Taka made some poor decisions) but man of the match for me was Luke Douglas. Massive effort. Does the job every week but thought he was great tonight.
    Not sure that I would agree about Douglas doing the job every week but I agree with you about tonight. He was great.
    As for Taka - rocks or diamonds with him. That attempted kick on the 3rd with a few minutes to go, butearlier had the nerve to get the ball to Gordon when it looked like he would score himself at one stage.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 07-07-14 at 09:41 PM.

They missed 22 tackles.

They conceded 10 penalties (I conceded this is a weak point as the refereeing was pathetic)

However like Mexican Titan said, we were missing Myles, Taylor, Bird and many more through origin and injury. And we were expected to lose by 13+ but managed to win. Not saying we are premiership worthy, just happy to finally get a win.

Zilly's best game in two seasons for us, but he was still outshone at fullback by meady.
    Falloon's penalties were terrible. Roberts was great in defence. Don > Gordon. Kingston, Nelson and Ioane were impressive.
    Agree with karnage though - deceptive win will hide how bad we were/are. That said - effort was there. We are a half decent coach short of being a legitimate NRL quality team.

What's meads injury? How bad is it?
    Last edited by K2G; 07-07-14 at 09:42 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    Good to see that Maurice Blair got hooked after the garbage cross-field bomb to Gordo. Kelly came on and added that x-factor we needed against a tiring defence.
    Taka was grubber happy tonite.
    This.

Hopefully Alby and Mortimer can stay fit and we never see him at 6 again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yes you are right mate and one of the kids who prefers to listen to Triple M told me that Andrew Johns said it was the worst he had seen from Souths for 5 years but............can't we just enjoy a win. We will still miss the 8 and to me that should be enough for Carty to go but don't forget we had Bird, Myles and Taylor out which is a massive take from our forward pack. I have continually bagged this club and coach for a while now but for as poor as the game was, it was a win against the odds so I am happy to give them credit for it.
    Fair call.

I can't enjoy it because it will probably be used as leverage to maintain the status quo that will lead to another depressing year in 2015.

They missed 22 tackles.

We won!!! We won after losing 6 straight!!! We were never going to win fancy with key players out and against a team who is a supposed GF contender and a team we haven't beaten in years.

Rep Player

Fair call.

I can't enjoy it because it will probably be used as leverage to maintain the status quo that will lead to another depressing year in 2015.
    I know how you feel mate! Unfortunately this will be spun into: Carty has our team headed towards final and Zillman's best game all year cements #1 spot. But it is our club so you gota take the wins when you can get them. Minus the inevitable spin we were still good enough in the end to get the 2 points i'll take that over a club equaling record loss any day.

carter was a beast. he should never be out of the 17, and should probably be starting somehow. taylor and bird as second row and Carter at 13 maybe. i dont know, but he brings something good to the team.

Mead instantly changes the look of our play. his try saver on merritt, then makes the second effort and dashes 30 metres was awesome. we all know he is the man.

Zilly played as well as i can remember him playing. His try showed ability, bit of speed, a step, a dummy and some positive intent. WTF is that the rest of the time...im almost MORE mad knowing he has it inside him somewhere but only brings it out once every few years.

Rest of game was pretty poor, but i did notice Ioane getting stuck in. i think given the chance we could field a team of young forwards and do pretty well with some coaching. our recruitment is actually pretty good, its just the selection and development that isnt where it needs to be.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    carter was a beast. he should never be out of the 17, and should probably be starting somehow. taylor and bird as second row and Carter at 13 maybe. i dont know, but he brings something good to the team.

Mead instantly changes the look of our play. his try saver on merritt, then makes the second effort and dashes 30 metres was awesome. we all know he is the man.

Zilly played as well as i can remember him playing. His try showed ability, bit of speed, a step, a dummy and some positive intent. WTF is that the rest of the time...im almost MORE mad knowing he has it inside him somewhere but only brings it out once every few years.

Rest of game was pretty poor, but i did notice Ioane getting stuck in. i think given the chance we could field a team of young forwards and do pretty well with some coaching. our recruitment is actually pretty good, its just the selection and development that isnt where it needs to be.
    I forgot to mention Ioane. Fantastic game! Really got stuck in with some great hitups and defence. Cody Nelson was great too! At last a few positive signs for the future!

I think back to only six weeks or so ago when Souths smashed us at Robina and to me looked the best team performance I had seen this year. God knows what happened to them tonight but I am glad that they have to worry about it, not us.
    One thing I noticed tonight was that the usually feral Souths crowd were fairly quiet which probably shows how bad even they thought their team was playing.
    I don't say this meaning to take any credit away from our blokes - just my observations.