Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Didn't Zilly come back on and was there at the finish? Pretty certain he was there.
    If he was I didnt see him saving the game for us twice. Harshness aside no one can say regardless of how he played this game (an improved showing yes but still not our #1 option in the side) that he deserves to be fullback. Mead is better hands down. Time to stop handing out 5 year contracts everytime he has a good game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Fair enough if you don't rate Zillman, but hoping for a season ending injury. Poor form mate.
    Look at my name mate geeze tongue firmly planted in cheek. If the team was picked on form Zillman wouldnt be copping the hate he does because he wouldnt be there.

Forgot to mention a special night for the titans first grade with a great win and don't forget the future first graders in the NYC also got up over the bunnies, winners in two grades got to give credit where given I couldn't let
    Slip about the NYC side been a long season for them

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    If he was I didnt see him saving the game for us twice. Harshness aside no one can say regardless of how he played this game (an improved showing yes but still not our #1 option in the side) that he deserves to be fullback. Mead is better hands down. Time to stop handing out 5 year contracts everytime he has a good game

- - - Updated - - -

Look at my name mate geeze tongue firmly planted in cheek. If the team was picked on form Zillman wouldnt be copping the hate he does because he wouldnt be there.
    But wishing a season ending injury on someone is terrible, no matter if you hate him or not.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    But wishing a season ending injury on someone is terrible, no matter if you hate him or not.
    Okay obviously need to explain it. No I dont wish a season ending injury to Zillman. It was a joke. If you want to then launch into well its not funny or poor taste fair enough but its in response to the joke of our selection. I dont hate Zillman.

I just dont think he is our best fullback and shouldnt be in the squad. He should never be put in this position as he isnt up to standard and is made to look foolish by missing tackles and costing us tries which ultimately lead to costing us games. Its the flaw in the club and coaching system.

If we want to get overly PC then fair enough but if you think I would actually honestly wish a season ending injury to a club I love and support and want to do well then i give up but fair shot take a joke lads

Okay obviously need to explain it. No I dont wish a season ending injury to Zillman. It was a joke. If you want to then launch into well its not funny or poor taste fair enough but its in response to the joke of our selection. I dont hate Zillman.

I just dont think he is our best fullback and shouldnt be in the squad. He should never be put in this position as he isnt up to standard and is made to look foolish by missing tackles and costing us tries which ultimately lead to costing us games. Its the flaw in the club and coaching system.

If we want to get overly PC then fair enough but if you think I would actually honestly wish a season ending injury to a club I love and support and want to do well then i give up but fair shot take a joke lads
    Fair enough. I am not a Zilly supporter, nor a hater, but people need to give him credit when he has a good game. Sure Meady may be our best choice and he won us the game in the last 5 but give Zilly a wrap when he deserves it.

I'm shocked. As much as the Bunnies did show up, I think our defense was very staunch. Carter bring so much enthusiasm to the side and has some raw aggression.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Fair enough. I am not a Zilly supporter, nor a hater, but people need to give him credit when he has a good game. Sure Meady may be our best choice and he won us the game in the last 5 but give Zilly a wrap when he deserves it.
    AGreed. He didn't have a bad game at all tonight.

That is the worst possible result for us tonight. The Rabbits were ATROCIOUS and we won by 4 points after they literally threw the game away in the last minute. I find these sorts of wins so deflating because they validate this ridiculous notion that we are not far off - but we are faaaaaaaaaarking MILES off.

One positive - Carter. He is the youngest player in our team (??) and is already our undoubted leader.

But that's it. There is nothing to take from this game other than a sinking feeling that Carty and our front office will spin this into some heroic win against all the odds.

Spare me. This was a NSW Cup standard pile of rubbish. Sure, we won't get the spoon now but if you think we are closer to winning a final after that you are kidding yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    I'm shocked. As much as the Bunnies did show up, I think our defense was very staunch. Carter bring so much enthusiasm to the side and has some raw aggression.
    Yes our defence was especially great in the last 10 minutes. We defended 3 or 4 sets on our own line. Carter hits hard but sometimes gives away a few penalties. He had a great return game though.

Thumbs Down:
    Falloon (how many penalties did he give away)
    Not as many and Bailey and Carter.

I thought the forward pack didn't stop trying tonight, led by the Bull.
    Kingston was very tough in his debut.
    Paul Carter was excellent again.
    Mortimer steered the team well.
    Alby looked to have his mojo back.
    Mead made some crucial plays late in the game, including that try saver, then pick-up to run 30 meters.
    We play like that (minus the penalties) vs Raiders, we should get the points.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    That is the worst possible result for us tonight. The Rabbits were ATROCIOUS and we won by 4 points after they literally threw the game away in the last minute. I find these sorts of wins so deflating because they validate this ridiculous notion that we are not far off - but we are faaaaaaaaaarking MILES off.

One positive - Carter. He is the youngest player in our team (??) and is already our undoubted leader.

But that's it. There is nothing to take from this game other than a sinking feeling that Carty and our front office will spin this into some heroic win against all the odds.

Spare me. This was a NSW Cup standard pile of rubbish. Sure, we won't get the spoon now but if you think we are closer to winning a final after that you are kidding yourself.
    No one is saying we will win a final but we played good tonight. Some silly errors but the boys really dug deep in defence. Our attack was alright too. We were throwing inside balls and spreading it wide.

Didn't have a bad player tonight ( though Taka made some poor decisions) but man of the match for me was Luke Douglas. Massive effort. Does the job every week but thought he was great tonight.

You're entitled to your opinion Karnage, but fair dinkum? We were never expected to come close in this game.

It was a2014 Titans win. ****e handling, penalties galore, but had a dig. It's our first win since April FFS.

Yes you are right mate and one of the kids who prefers to listen to Triple M told me that Andrew Johns said it was the worst he had seen from Souths for 5 years but............can't we just enjoy a win. We will still miss the 8 and to me that should be enough for Carty to go but don't forget we had Bird, Myles and Taylor out which is a massive take from our forward pack. I have continually bagged this club and coach for a while now but for as poor as the game was, it was a win against the odds so I am happy to give them credit for it.