Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Well at least we won't be facing Greg Inglis.
    Just a returning Walker and Keary
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Rabbitohs wary of Titans' Roberts

DARREN WALTON
    July 6, 2014, 1:30 pm

Two years after showing him the door, South Sydney fear tryscoring sensation James Roberts could return to bite them on Monday night.

Roberts will line up in the centres for Gold Coast at ANZ Stadium after being handed an NRL lifeline by the Titans following a succession of alcohol-related incidents that threatened to end the youngster's NRL career before it really began.

Released by the Rabbitohs in 2012, the talented nephew of former St George Illawarra, Sydney Roosters and Penrith star Amos Roberts also had his Panthers contract torn up this year after smashing a taxi window.

Now the Titans have given the 21-year-old one last chance - and the Rabbitohs know from experience the classy three-quarter has the game to take advantage of his good fortune.

After scoring a try on debut for the Rabbits in 2011, he repeated the feat at Penrith and then bagged a spectacular hat-trick in the Panthers' Holden Cup grand final triumph last year.

"James has had some off-field issues. If he can overcome them, he can do anything in the game. He's a real talent," said Souths captain John Sutton.

"I played with him here. He's fast, he's strong, he can score a try and he's been playing well for them since he got a start.

"We'll definitely have to look out for him."

Rabbitohs playmaker Adam Reynolds said it was sad to see Roberts leave the club.

"He came up in the under-20s and played the last part of the year with us. He scored 10 tries in five games or so. He's definitely a freak," Reynolds said.

"He's got a tremendous amount of talent, he's got a lot of speed and he's strong too. Definitely we're going to have to be on watch with him this week."

Despite suffering six straight defeats to tumble from the top of the table to fourth-last, the Titans are just four points behind fourth-placed Souths.

"They haven't been in the best of form lately so they'll be putting their season on the line and they'll be coming out all fired up," Sutton said.

"It's a real tight competition this year and every win is important, particularly from now on in.

"We have to get back in the winners' circle. We've got the bye next week and we definitely have to get the two points this week."

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...titans-roberts

Daniel Mortimer sacrifices title shot with Sydney Roosters for opportunity at Gold Coast Titans
    NEW Gold Coast halfback Daniel Mortimer believes he has knocked back another NRL premiership to steer the struggling Titans.

Mortimer, who will call the shots on Monday night against the South Sydney Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium, is adjusting after a mid-season move from defending premiers the Roosters.

The switch posed a tough but rewarding challenge to stay in a utility role with a potential title winner or to earn a starting halfback spot with a side staring at a club record seventh-straight loss.

“It was hard leaving the defending premiers, and a side I believe will go back-to-back,” Mortimer said.

“But that’s why I’m here, to play big minutes in the halves.

“I wasn’t sure where I saw my future but last Sunday (in a 19-18 round 16 loss against the Dragons at Cbus Super Stadium on June 22) confirmed it.

‘‘I feel at home at halfback.

“Being in the thick of the action, I hadn’t done that for a year.”

Mortimer found it tough farewelling his on and off-field families at the Roosters to link with Gold Coast.

He knows he will eventually have to fight for the No.7 jersey when his former housemate Albert Kelly and Aidan Sezer are fully fit but the offer was too good to refuse.

The potential he sees in a backline featuring Kevin Gordon, David Mead, and another new arrival, centre James Roberts, is exciting.

After barely a couple of sessions with his new club, Mortimer created opportunities in his first start against the Dragons.

With another fortnight of training under his belt he expects to be even sharper against South Sydney.

At least he is no longer functioning on the same abbreviated wardrobe rotation after his belongings arrived from Sydney on Friday.

The Titans are running last in the competition for tries scored from line breaks and average just 2.8 tries per game.

The last meeting between the two sides – 40-18, May 10 in round 9 – was the start of the Titans’ six-match losing streak.

But the Titans will be determined to honour the 250th game milestone for second-rower Mark Minichiello.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226978897368
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Transiting Frankfurt headed for Amsterdam and won't see the game until some time in the night … expecting a belting … and bloody Idris might be a stupid drunken fool who needs his daddy Carty whenever he gets in trouble but when he wants to play football he goes elsewhere … that's what's wrong with our club right there.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

A week of upsets this one. I hate the hierarchy of the club but I still think they are capable of beating any team. A couple of the players I know are not fond of the club management or coaching.

Their kick returns are killing us. Our wingers and centres can't tackle them. We haven't looked bad in the opening 8 or 9 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Try Rabbits. Mead lets Merrit catch it and get the pass away. Keary scores.
    6-0

Disgraceful effort from Mead , are they coached to not catch a bomb
    #itaintweaktospeak

Terrible decision by refs. Burgess knocks it on and Bailey passes it to offside player. Refs call penalty instead of knock on. We save it anyway through Mortimer who cleans up the scraps of a Souths kick.

How is Gordon in front of don bewilders me, kevvie seems disinterested and making some stupid onfield decisions

God I'm sick of KG's dummy half runs. Especially when there's 4 Southern players on short side and he goes that side. FFS we have to defend again

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Merrit knocks it on. Agree with lonegull Don > Gordon.

- - - Updated - - -

If not for Souths errors it would be 20-0 by now. However there is no doubt we are trying hard, just silly decisions costing us (as usual).

Also, I am starting to really like Mortimer. His kicking game and the chances he creates is impressive.

That's why mead should be fullback, the lines he runs is way better than what zillman offers, have a look at where mead comes
    From to score zilly would have arrived early and run into a titans player

- - - Updated - - -

Gee Mortimer is impressing me really giving the side direction
    Ioane is digging in also should be in the 17 every week

TRY TITANS! Zillman to Kelly who passes inside to Mead. Good work boys!
    8-4 Bunnies

I'm working, just watched the last 5 minutes, nice to have a half who creates something for the team rather than just himself. This looks like a team coached by Henry (from the 5 minutes I have watched). A lot of outside in ball and a few wrap plays. It's different, it's borderline exciting. Much better than the past 6 weeks. I don't think we will win but it's watchable.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a real competition. I'd turn up to watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I'm working, just watched the last 5 minutes, nice to have a half who creates something for the team rather than just himself. This looks like a team coached by Henry (from the 5 minutes I have watched). A lot of outside in ball and a few wrap plays. It's different, it's borderline exciting. Much better than the past 6 weeks. I don't think we will win but it's watchable.
    Yeah this game we are looking pretty good. Mortimer is creating chances constantly and I believe him and Kelly are our best halves combination. Kevvie is the only player that has had a bad game.

- - - Updated - - -

Kelly nearly scores but loses it. Like C-Whiz said this may be a game that we can watch. Both teams capable of winning but Bunnies will come out firing in the second half.

Zilllolololol 5 mtrs infront of Kelly offload
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]