Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Really impressed with Nelson and Kingston. Would be fine with either of them playing first grade each week.

Mini is playing with more heart than we've seen for years IMO. You all know ive never been his biggest fan, but this year he has been great.

Mead was exceptionally good and kept himself busy which really benefitted us. Zillman was good for Zillman but he still would be behind Mead by a country mile, even when he plays like last night.

I think Taka was again guilty of doing too much. Big call but I'd put Blair in at left Centre instead.

Kelly and Mortimer need to be our halves. Simple.

Its always going to be difficult for a player to be potent in attack in our structure. Roberts impressed me a lot again, this time with his defence. Every time the bunnies made a break I'd look for JR to gun them down. Snipered 'em. Most of us on the forum had questions surrounding his defence as a centre, but I think he has been superb given his age and inexperience.

Overall, poor game, Bunnies were appalling, but we showed the grit we had at the start of the year. Feels a lot better winning than losing, albeit ugly.

Titanic, you make a good point re Myles / Bird. Do you think the Mead try (which I though was one of our best backline movement in a long time) would have been scored with Bird there on the left? Bird has been one of our best players over the past few years, but does he get too much ball and shut down some back line movement, and is that him demanding it or Sezer feeding him.

Well didnt expect to Win that one, Rabbits played poorly but a win is a win, Great Defense on our line.
    Ioane was awesome, Carter deserves to start, just needs to watch his penaltys. Zillman got a good try showed what he can do. I think Zillman would play better if pressure was put on him , as he knows he has the FB spot no matter what or even a place in the side for that matter.

Meads Defense was awesome, he redeemed himself after the first try from the rabbits.

Overall happy with the Win.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Some of you guys were watching a different game but I'll let you debate who I mean :-)

Finally, anybody else getting suspicious that we go better without Myles and quite possibly Bird? I think in Taylor we are starting to see some consistency.
    Myles yes, Bird no. Myles always looks like he's just going through the motions. He needs to harden up and run hard.

Such a terrible game of footy last night, it's up there with one of the worst I have seen this yr
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

ZILLMAN : 'WE KNEW WE HAD THEM'

GOLD Coast fullback William Zillman said he knew South Sydney were Rabbits in the headlights when they opted to take penalty goals at ANZ Stadium.

The Titans ended a six-match losing streak when they shocked the bunnies 14-10 in a penalty-strewn Monday Night Football encounter.

“They’re such a big squad, they just roll over the top of teams,” Zillman says.

“So when they were taking penalty goals, we knew that our defence was on-song and they didn’t really back themselves.

“It’s a positive sign.”

coach John Cartwright some refereeing decisions left him scratching his head, including one involving Zillman.

“You worry about the consistency – when they pull the penalties out and how they pull them out’,” he says.

“The toughest one was when Zilly came off with a head bin and they didn’t give us time to make the change.

“We defended with 12 men, I’m pretty sure they have to give you time to at last get your man out on the field.

“It was a super win but it was great to see the confidence come back into the players.”

- STEVE MASCORD

- - - Updated - - -

Almost pissed myself when i read the headline
    #itaintweaktospeak

It was great to win and the better team won. But Souths were disgraceful.

Titans defence was marvellous and I was impressed with many of our boys.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote from the NRL Power Rankings: Round 17

13. Titans (13)

David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback. So with all due respect to Will Zillman, who was another of the few bright spots in the Titans' upset win over the Rabbitohs, why doesn't David Mead play fullback? And on Monday's bunny boilover, when you haven't won since the Anzac Day weekend you can't be picky, but aside from some desperate goal line defence, there was very little to write home about.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't have said it better myself

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.nrl.com/power-rankings-round-17/tabid/10874/newsid/80038/default.aspx

indoallstars

I liked that quote some much, I've used part of it as my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrl.com
    David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamwelg View Post
    Do you think the Mead try (which I though was one of our best backline movement in a long time) would have been scored with Bird there on the left? Bird has been one of our best players over the past few years, but does he get too much ball and shut down some back line movement, and is that him demanding it or Sezer feeding him.
    I have long argued that Bird gets too much ball on the left side and chokes the attack … Blair has repeatedly shown how to direct Sezer and overcall Bird so Blair to left centre … in fact if you take Gould's comments from Origin as fair then he also stifles the NSW attack by getting too much ball too at 13. In my opinion he should be our lock but I could do without him and use Carter there … freeing-up a lot of our cap.

On Myles, I have also argued that he is a back row and he hides in prop, ambling-up to the defence and uses that as an excuse not to increase the work rate he would have to produce as a back row … I would happily lose him too.

In summary big reputations in non-key positions cost our team. The successful teams spend big on 9, 7, 6 and 1 (although I feel we only really need a 9 if Mead is 1; check the PNG Hunters guy out) or on game-breaking talent like, dare I say it, Taylor but not workhorses. Stack the pack with youth and enthusiasm; stack the backs with speed and commitment, and; stack the spine with quality … that would do me … and we have that minus Cartwright's dinosaurs
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-07-14 at 02:25 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    carter was a beast. he should never be out of the 17, and should probably be starting somehow. taylor and bird as second row and Carter at 13 maybe. i dont know, but he brings something good to the team.

Mead instantly changes the look of our play. his try saver on merritt, then makes the second effort and dashes 30 metres was awesome. we all know he is the man.

Zilly played as well as i can remember him playing. His try showed ability, bit of speed, a step, a dummy and some positive intent. WTF is that the rest of the time...im almost MORE mad knowing he has it inside him somewhere but only brings it out once every few years.

Rest of game was pretty poor, but i did notice Ioane getting stuck in. i think given the chance we could field a team of young forwards and do pretty well with some coaching. our recruitment is actually pretty good, its just the selection and development that isnt where it needs to be.
    Zilly has played a few better games but it's so long since you saw one you may have forgotten. Credit where credit is due though.

We are in a paradoxical situation. We all want to see us win especially after a great, though not too polished, effort but if we do win it could let Carty off the hook. Still his overall mediocre record remains. Until we win seven straight and give the premiership a shove, and that's not going to happen, there is no reason for Carty to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by john cartwrong View Post
    Apart from xillman.... this is a 13 cartwright would almost never start with.

On that basis my prediction is we will win and half the side will get dropped for our defeat against canberra.
    This. Plus what all the guys have said above.

Kelly and mortimer played well for 60 mins. They should be the halves.

Bird and myles are a year past sell by. Stifle attack and ball movement.

Mead was great.

So logic says.... lets go back to the exact team that lost the last 6....

Holy mother of god.
    Last edited by john cartwrong; 08-07-14 at 06:29 PM.