Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Watching the replay now. FFS why didn't anyone catch the woeful dragons bomb?

QLD Cup

So happy to have watched the Storm/Parramatta game before watching the Titans. At least I saw some football played. The difference in quality between Storm/Parramatta and the Titans/St George plodders is embarrassing........

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    i have also been a supporter of Zillman (mainly cause i dont think Mead is the answer at fullback yet), but he had a bad game today.

Frustrating year, and when our most dangerous players today have been mid-year siginings is not a good sign. Mortimer looked great and guided us around the park. He's a keeper.

Taka has to get out of the centres. We need to sign a good young centre. Either Moga or Tim Simona would be good.

Would like to see a backline next year of:-

1. Albert Kelly
    2. Kevin Gordon
    3. Tim Simona
    4. James Roberts
    5. David Mead
    6. Aiden Sezer
    7. Daniel Mortimer

Been a frustrating 2 months, but enough is enough. Crowd was poor too.

Worrying times indeed.
    You've been a fan of Zilly cause you dont think Mead is a FB just yet? Surely that cant be the reason.

Meads played 20 games at FB from his Colts days through to his Internationals for the Kumuls and has won 10 MoM -- Players/player awards. If that doesnt say how effective he can be then I will give up.

I can tell you now if he was able to leave this club to further his career as a FB elsewhere, he has had 15 clubs throughout the world interested.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Once Alby gets back I'd like to see Blair back to the centres and Taka to the second row where he belongs. Mortimer was good enough to retain his spot apart from having a couple of missed tackles.
    Just back and yet another boring day at the footy. I think the above sums up pretty much what I think but we'll still never go too far with that combination either. I know they don't come on the market often but we need one top quality half and a top quality hooker, with Mead at FB.
    The Dragons were 13th coming in to today and I thought they played fairly ordinary footy, yet they beat us. The interest on the Coast with this club has now reached zero evidenced by the fact that there were about 5,000 Titans fans there today. Michael Searle - just how far do you want to drive this club in to the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    You've been a fan of Zilly cause you dont think Mead is a FB just yet? Surely that cant be the reason.

Meads played 20 games at FB from his Colts days through to his Internationals for the Kumuls and has won 10 MoM -- Players/player awards. If that doesnt say how effective he can be then I will give up.

I can tell you now if he was able to leave this club to further his career as a FB elsewhere, he has had 15 clubs throughout the world interested.
    No, been a fan of Zillman since he was at the Raiders. His play this year has been below par though, yet I still think he is the scapegoat on this forum for a lot beyond his control.

I know you always talk about Mead and I have watched David Mead since he was David Moore, and am a big fan. I just think as a fullback he is dicey under the high ball and sometimes can be out of position in defence. Things that can come with experience and more time in the role i guess. In attack and broken play he is dangerous though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    ....... Michael Searle - just how far do you want to drive this club in to the ground?
    If Carty sees out his 5 years we will not have a club on the coast by the end of his tenor
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

His play this year has been below par though, yet I still think he is the scapegoat on this forum for a lot beyond his control.
    Yep you are right mate. He can't help it if the coach picks him every week regardless of form. The old boys club of searle and Cartwright are sinking it.

His play this year has been below par though, yet I still think he is the scapegoat on this forum for a lot beyond his control.
    Yep you are right mate. He can't help it if the coach picks him every week regardless of form. The old boys club of searle and Cartwright are sinking it.

No, been a fan of Zillman since he was at the Raiders. His play this year has been below par though, yet I still think he is the scapegoat on this forum for a lot beyond his control.

I know you always talk about Mead and I have watched David Mead since he was David Moore, and am a big fan. I just think as a fullback he is dicey under the high ball and sometimes can be out of position in defence. Things that can come with experience and more time in the role i guess. In attack and broken play he is dangerous though.
    i too think he's been used as a scapegoat at times but it's becoming clear to most he's not the best option anymore.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Mortimer good. Most clean ball since Blair against storm and princey before 2010.

taka dangerous, mini is in pretty damn good form. He is putting in big ones.

Myles getting binned is as poor show of leadership I can remember. Team needed someone to stand up, not leave them short. Inexcusable, and Carty blaming the ref for it is even worse. Accountability is a foreign word in this club.

Not gonna mention zillman. Coach moving the chosen one to wing is enough of a statement.

This a quote from NRL.com from Carty.

"There's no magic. It's continuing to believe what worked for us early in the year, players believing in that process as well," Cartwright said after the side led 12-6 after 30 minutes but again struggled for potency in the second half. "There's no magic; it's hard work and it's courage too. You've got to turn up, be courageous, stick to a plan, hang onto the ball and things will turn around for you".

This is what gets me. We played the same boring style of play early in the year that we are still playing but got lucky, mostly against ordinary sides. Yet Carty seems to think all was rosy at the start of the year. Most of us knew that we were false leaders and that the luck would soon run out unless we actually tried to win games by scoring points.
    The article on NRL.com was "Carty - Courage needed to turn it around" or something like that. The only courage that is needed is for management to sack the coach.

Agree wholeheartedly what you mentioned of Meady.

But c'mon. Zillman has been ****house for quite some time. Most of us given him the benefit of the doubt on more than one occasion. It's a pity he doesn't/won't get his manager to float his name out there 'n see what sort of buzz it generates. That would help cut thru the bull**** 'n get right to chase about how good he really is..

He isn't going to risk a lesser pay packet when he is guaranteed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    This a quote from NRL.com from Carty.

"There's no magic. It's continuing to believe what worked for us early in the year, players believing in that process as well," Cartwright said after the side led 12-6 after 30 minutes but again struggled for potency in the second half. "There's no magic; it's hard work and it's courage too. You've got to turn up, be courageous, stick to a plan, hang onto the ball and things will turn around for you".

This is what gets me. We played the same boring style of play early in the year that we are still playing but got lucky, mostly against ordinary sides. Yet Carty seems to think all was rosy at the start of the year. Most of us knew that we were false leaders and that the luck would soon run out unless we actually tried to win games by scoring points.
    The article on NRL.com was "Carty - Courage needed to turn it around" or something like that. The only courage that is needed is for management to sack the coach.
    i spoke with someone by PM or on twitter about this. Carty thinks luck is an acceptable pat of the gameplan.

The good teams play at a level where ref calls and luck dont play as much part in it. and he wants to go back to a style that barley beat teams rusty at the start of a long season? fml.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    frustrating.......over it! wipe the slate clean and start again.......
    Almost déjà vu from last year, and the year before , and the year before , and.......

- - - Updated - - -

Give Henry the coaching gig and leave Carty In the wings......anything, just do SOMETHING.