Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Paul Carter stood down.

RISING Titans star Paul Carter has been stood down after driving the wrong way down Orchid Avenue before being busted by police with a blood-alcohol level almost four times the legal limit.
    The 22-year-old P-plater was partying in the Surfers Paradise nightclub strip in a midweek binge until after midnight today when he got behind the wheel of a Holden Cruise.

Police stopped the car as it headed the wrong way down Orchid Avenue.

The P-plater recorded a blood-alcohol level of 0.193 and he was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of liquor.

He was also charged with disobeying a no entry direction and failing to display his P symbol.

The club released a statement confirming Carter had been stood down.

“The NRL’s Integrity Unit has been advised of the offence and the club will continue to work closely with the NRL as the matter is further investigated,” the statement said.

“No other comment will be provided at this stage.”

The back rower’s licence has been automatically suspended and he has been ordered to appear in -+Southport Magistrates Court on July 3.

He is expected to face an extended period of disqualification and significant fines from the court.
    ROBYN WUTH
    Gold Coast Bulletin
    June 12, 2014 4:45PM

- - - Updated - - -

This is about as bad as it gets, on just about every level.

Probably the one shining light in this time of darkness, and now he is out for his own stupidity.

Titans on nrl 360 described as the Justin beiber of the comp, looks like the players are following suit.

Stick up the 2015 thread already lol.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Incredibly disappointing and very selfish from him.

He will no doubt learn from this but hey atleast now he fits better into our team of nrl bad boys...

Rep Player

Can't help but laugh at this season. I saw the headline on ninemsn.com Nrl Player 4 times over. Before I even opened the article I knew it was going to be a titans player. What is going on? midweek drinking bender? I hope both the titans and NRL nail him to the wall with fines! This season is as good as gone given the current situation. Blows my mind. These guys are payed to train and play football and be a positive role model for their club...THAT'S IT! im not saying they cant have a drink after the game but this sort of crap is inexcusable. What a waste of such a promising season for him

Disgusting. That is so stupid and so dangerous. That is another blow to our season.

I'm just glad no one got hurt. But when will players learn?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I cannot condone his behaviour either but he hopefully will learn from this. I think he is a player of great potential but there have been a couple of things in his game that indicated he needed to be brought back to earth. He often seemed that he needed to prove how tough he was but I put that down to being a young bloke and it wouldn't be long before a hard head caught up with him.
    Sometimes blokes need to do something stupid like this to see how lucky they are.

This sort of incident is never ever anything but negative but he has completely let his team and his fans down by doing it at a time when he was really, really needed to do a job for his team and his community. If there is one place we have depth it is in the backrow - but we have already lost both captains and the coal train to rep duty and now we have Taka facing a fitness test and he goes and does a 100% selfish act.

I really hope that the optimism shown on this thread (come back better and more respectful etc) is borne out because there is one thing that we have seen from bad clubs like Canberra and that is that these young kids get out of hand and end up moving somewhere else. Let's hope there is a positive influence for him in our locker room.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the damage he has done to my SuperCoach plans!!!! UNDO TRADES!!!!

Banned

omg. i cant believe some people are so stupid. a midweek binge followed by a drive home? seriously? come on.

Moron plus what sort of culture are breeding in our club? Rhetoric question of course.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Extremely disappointed.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Typical of most of his generation really , they are all pretty selfish, i dontknow where they get it but i know thats what they like. I know this because i have kids around the same age and know what they are like. I swear the school s teach them the world owes them
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

This is typical of young blokes getting big wraps and it goes to there head
    He is a gifted hard tough player lets hope he settles down

Is he negotiating his contract? Historically the best way to get a Titans contract is to get into trouble with the police

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    Is he negotiating his contract? Historically the best way to get a Titans contract is to get into trouble with the police
    We can't keep going down that road either. It is a tactic of diminishing returns and will lead us to oblivion.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The clubs response will be pretty interesting. Remeber that Matt White got fined $20k by the club for a similar incident. We all thought it was harsh, but fair from memory. Let's see if our management remain consistent in their approach to indescretions - the bar has been set pretty high.