Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

The place is just going backwards and now even my kids (who love their footy) don't want to go. They have also come to appreciate that nothing changes despite the last few years of the same old thing.'
    We went to the AFL last night and the difference in crowd enthusiasm was clear. We hardly know the rules to that game, not that there are many, yet we were enthused by a young club that seems to be going places. I remember the Titans were like that.
    The kids now want to go to the next AFL game - sure we will be going to the NRL Grand Final and we are loyal NRL people but I feel sick in the stomach about how the game is going here now. Thanks Searle and Carty.
    As an aside I bothered to watch the Under 20's today - what a rabble they are and it seems this club is mismanaged top to bottom.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 22-06-14 at 07:44 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by titanslurker View Post
    saddened to hear that mate. i can totally understand your attitude to the club given the circumstances and i wish you all the best.

although i had heard of rumoured staff cuts it is disappointing to get confirmation. i just hope the club's financial situation isnt as bad as i have heard.

What have you heard. I am one of the Financial Controllers at the club so I know exactly how the financials of the club are. And they ain't that good. I can't go into specifics as that would breach my employment contract and I could face legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    sure we will be going to the NRL Grand Final and we are loyal NRL people
    Manly vs Rabbits GF.

I'll be there too
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Manly vs Rabbits GF.

I'll be there too
    Me 3
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Manly vs Rabbits GF.

I'll be there too
    Without us Manly mexicans hijacking the thread, I think the point is that most clubs give the top 4 or 5 positions a shot every few years, if not consistently. The Titans have not been serious threats to anyone for many years, but worse is that there is nothing on the horizon offering hope.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheKnow View Post
    Who here goes to the games regularly or who lives on the Coast. If you guys get can get a sign organised I will get you passes to our home games. I don't really care if I get in **** as I have been told I will no longer be needed at the club after this year. So I will give you guys as much help as I possibly can.
    I hope your name is john Cartwright. U hope it isn't Neil.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry that was rude to not mention ur loss of job. Hope you pick something else up mate. All the best.

do u know if there is any chance of Carty getting shuffled on?

Mecican titan- I got tickets to afl last night, but kid got sick and I had to pass. Will go to another one soon. It's good to feel a local entity in the rise with modern business and team cultural values.

Banned

haha i wish my name was John Cartwright to at least he would be gone.

As for Carty I hope so. That is why I will do anything I can while still inside the club to help get him the flick. The next board meeting is our best chance for that to happen.

haha i wish my name was John Cartwright to at least he would be gone.

As for Carty I hope so. That is why I will do anything I can while still inside the club to help get him the flick. The next board meeting is our best chance for that to happen.
    Why is their such favoritism towards Cartwright?

You might be able to clear something up for me InTheknow. Is the Board a "typical" Board where they make decisions and the CEO must carry them out. Or is it an "advisory" Board where they might make decisions and the majority shareholder (who might also be a member of the Board) can just tell the CEO that it's only advice and not carry it out. I think the Board only numbers 4 so if one is Searle and he has a mate there as well, the worst he can get is a 2 all vote. Eventually the business people on the Board, if it's an Advisory type will eventually wish them good luck and leave.
    Interested in your thoughts. Oh and I feel for you being out of a job but it must be a sad place to work in recent times.

Carty's "daughter" is sticking up for him on the Facebook Fan Club

Her posts have now been deleted
    Last edited by Brock O'Brien; 22-06-14 at 09:32 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    You might be able to clear something up for me InTheknow. Is the Board a "typical" Board where they make decisions and the CEO must carry them out. Or is it an "advisory" Board where they might make decisions and the majority shareholder (who might also be a member of the Board) can just tell the CEO that it's only advice and not carry it out. I think the Board only numbers 4 so if one is Searle and he has a mate there as well, the worst he can get is a 2 all vote. Eventually the business people on the Board, if it's an Advisory type will eventually wish them good luck and leave.
    Interested in your thoughts. Oh and I feel for you being out of a job but it must be a sad place to work in recent times.
    It is an Advisory Board. It needs at least 3 more members to be an NRL approved board. Which while Searle is still the majority shareholder will not happen because he will lose his power. But in saying that all decisions must be voted on by all shareholders (Searle owns 48%). So he has to get one of the other 4 shareholders to be on his side. And for now he has Darryl Kelly on his side who just so happens to be on the board.

It is an Advisory Board. It needs at least 3 more members to be an NRL approved board. Which while Searle is still the majority shareholder will not happen because he will lose his power. But in saying that all decisions must be voted on by all shareholders (Searle owns 48%). So he has to get one of the other 4 shareholders to be on his side. And for now he has Darryl Kelly on his side who just so happens to be on the board.
    Thanks for that. It's what I feared and means the Board is nothing and is a sham set up. Now that David Smith seems to have cleared up the mess at the Knights, the Titans need to be his next stop. How Searle's power can be diluted is obviously the major issue. I would be happy if the NRL revoked the licence and started again if that is the only way to get Searle out or in to a position of a lesser ownership. What an arrogant prick - just using this club as his plaything and not giving a stuff about the damage he is doing to the game on the Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post

I've heard about that, she can go **** herself as far as I'm concerned. We have the right to voice our opinions, this isn't Soviet Russia....

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post

She had a crack at me on Twitter once. It didn't end we'll for her!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonbcode View Post
    I've heard about that, she can go **** herself as far as I'm concerned. We have the right to voice our opinions, this isn't Soviet Russia....
    You get more opportunity to express yourself in China.

The way to protest is really quite simple … you organise a rally such as "Save the Titans" which has a positive spin rather than "Sack the Coach" at the HQ and invite the media. You do it on a Wednesday or Thursday when stories are scarce and you get a high profile local politician plus an out of pocket tradesman to support … pick any loud mouths who have publicly argued against any of the Titans projects or Searle himself especially if they are a rugby league groupies.

It would be very good if you could find an indigenous identity who is dissatisfied with the club too … broken promises or that sort of thing.
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-06-14 at 02:00 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.