Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I agree with Mexican Titan that people should draft their own letters, not copy and paste one. But that doesnt mean that we can't discuss unifying issues.
    For me the issues I have are,
    1. Lack of performance by the team.
    2. Lack of innovation by the coaching staff in evolving the teams style of play to keep up with the rest of the competition.
    3. The double standards applied to the player group in regards to returning from injury. Players in good form are being dropped or moved to accommodate players who are clearly out of form and lacking confidence.
    4. The governance of the club is still not resolved and appears not to have changed since before that massive COE disaster.

Very kind words Brad, thank for the support. Same to others.

I will state straight up that this is not my idea, this is something that is organic and it has been born out of a collective of similar minds who are experiencing the same issues with the club as a whole. There are many on here who have voiced opinions and concerns relating to this, and now we need to become one, united, to make our voice heard.

Each and every person should put their own thoughts into words, so the individuals thoughts and feelings are heard. A generic email, once read will be switfly dismissed as "more of the same" IMO.

Do not make it personal. Make positive suggestions. Also, it took many years to get the Titans here, so we want to make sure we don't do any damage to the club beyond being heard and asking for answers. We also do not want to alienate ourselves from the board, because they will be the only conduit we have to the club at this stage. Do not burn that bridge.

I will be asking why there has been and still is such a disconnect with the fans. Sending out "fan mail" is great to tell us what they want us to know, but hardly a way of getting feedback from the members and fans and the club listening to what we have to say. I believe that since David May left (yes, "left" may not be 100% correct) a lot of the chance to be heard went with him. I would like to see some sort of opportunity to have a feedback system that lets us be heard. The fan forum at Robina was one of the best initiatives I have ever seen from any club. I will be asking for something like that to be brought back.

I would say that while sending emails are a great start, follow it up with a letter as others have said. As they have said, this is the real way to make a statement. I think it would be prudent to find one mailing address and send it all to the same address, but with the different names of the people you wish to make contact with. The other important thing to remember with mail, is that for them to reply, they have to take the time to address a letter back to you.

Include relevant details like your name and address and also if you are a member include your membership number, years as a member, how many jerseys you have bought, how much merchandise you have bought, how many friends and family are involved in supporting the Titans. Remember, we want to be included in the process so we need to show we really do care about the future of the club and we are helping to support it financially.

OK, who should we start sending our first round of mail to? Does anyone have the mailing addresses for the board members?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by titanslurker View Post
    some interesting suggestions so far. how would people feel about a boycott? anyone who has been involved with this sort of stuff before would know a boycott is one of the most effective ways to get what you want. they need us more then we need them.
    I appreciate your passion, but I think the fans are speaking in droves without anyone needing to officially boycott. There are many, many fans who need the Titans as much as they need us. You are one of them. We are fans, we want to see our club grow and flourish. This is why we are looking for change. Positive change.

We need to find positive ways to push our message, so banners are a great way to be seen at the ground. A classic way to make a statement. It can't be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    OK, who should we start sending our first round of mail to?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Graeme Annersley would be my pick for the first round plus banners at games. Not just home games either. If we can get the interstate Titans fans to bring banners to games that just emphasises the extent of the concern by the fans.

I sent mine to Rebecca Frizelle at PO Box 1687 Southport 4215. That is the main address from what I could see for the Frizelle motor group.
    I had some of what you had, some I didn't have, and had some other things such as David May's aborted trip to sign Tomkins (more in the context of what control does the CEO really have) and issues with Robina as well. I think that is a good thing if people have their own issues as well as the general underlying themes. Adds the personal touch I think.
    Thanks for this C-Whiz, it's all born out of frustration but more importantly, it's because we care.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I sent mine to Rebecca Frizelle at PO Box 1687 Southport 4215. That is the main address from what I could see for the Frizelle motor group.
    Good work. I think Rebecca is a great place to start. She is fresh to the club, is successful and understand that the customer is "always right" or at least should be heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    it's all born out of frustration but more importantly, it's because we care.
    100%.

Rebecca Frizelle at PO Box 1687 Southport 4215

Feel free to add other mailing addresses. Might be worth running off a few copies of each letter and mailing it to a few different names to. Then they will all have the same letters to discuss at the next board meeting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Graeme Annersley would be my pick for the first round
    Anyone have the address?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the address for Titans HQ. 2 Promethean Way, Robina Qld 4226

I would expect that anything addressed to:

Mr Graham Annesley
    c/o 2 Promethean Way,
    Robina Qld 4226

would get to him directly.

Great stuff Whizard … any correspondence is good correspondence because the diversity of opinion is what makes it authentic … I am off to the States/Canada and then Europe/UK for work from this Sunday so I will be out of the normal time zone but will watch with great interest.

The media are your best bet for quality coverage … they like stories like: going to the games kept my family together but now we are dysfunctional because their is no soul in the club or I poured every cent I had into supporting the new franchise but now I am not attending games … you know what I mean.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Is there any interest in SACK CARTY shirts? I've asked a guy to do up a design and he needs 30 to make it worthwhile. I'll post a link when it's up

I will honestly buy at least 1. I promise you, ATLEAST 1. There a minimum of 5 people I know who will fork out for one.

GET IT DONE!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

OK - check this out:

The Coaching Crosshairs: John Cartwright’s tenure as the Titans coach will end this year if the club does not progress to the finals. With its wretched injury toll, the Gold Coast would seem unlikely to be playing finals football. The only coach the Titans have ever known, Cartwright has been given every chance but his record simply does not lend itself to continuing on. If the Dragons do want Neil Henry, they’ll have to move quickly because Henry will likely get an offer from the Gold Coast.

Here is the link if you wish to read it in full:
    http://makingthenut.com/from-the-couch-round-14-4/

- - - Updated - - -

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this be true.

PS - Still make the T-Shirts!!

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    Is there any interest in SACK CARTY shirts? I've asked a guy to do up a design and he needs 30 to make it worthwhile. I'll post a link when it's up
    I'm in.

3 for me … husband, wife and 8 year old.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Banned

All true but club has to find the money for his payout. Also I am in for a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheKnow View Post
    All true but club has to find the money for his payout. Also I am in for a shirt.
    Find the money or lose Membership & Sponsorship money next season
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by InTheKnow View Post
    It won't take many crowds of 6k before the cost of keeping him outweights the cost of letting him go. The fact that our management have let the club plummet to these depths shows the sort of business acumen that they really have. Every stale and lifeless performance is damaging our brand, every responsibility free press conference given by our clueless head coach drives the wedge even further between the club and the supporter base.

I have absolutely no doubt that Graham Annesley is just another yes man who will just go along with whatever Searle wants to do. So with that said I too cannot see Carty being sacked anytime soon despite a bit of uproar from the fans.

Just read this from Richard Branson. It seems that this is what's happening with the Titans.

@richardbranson: When companies lose touch with customers, you can be sure they'll soon lose customers http://t.co/FAHuKU2ztQ