2013 - 13,907
    2012 - 13,645
    2011 - 19,169

Titans:
    2014 - 13,634
    2013 - 14,028
    2012 - 14,405
    2011 - 15,428

Let's get real with the comparisons to the Suns please people... They are on one trajectory and we are on another. They basically tanked the past few years by stockpiling high draft picks and giving them time - they are going to be a LEGITIMATE AFL CONTENDER next year, which is saying something because they are likely to play a final this year.

That doesn't mean AFL is winning in SEQ, it just means that the Suns are. You only have to look at the way the Lions are being supported to see that it doesn't take long for the bandwagon followers to fall away because we are not even a decade removed from them having one of the best teams in the history of their game.

The Titans can generate a following again - just not the current iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Bump.
    Thanks Toads.

I know people want to vent about all the things that are on our minds with regards to the current state of the Titans, but there are plenty of threads for discussing the crowds, the problems, the team, the coaching etc.

Let's try and keep this thread clear of making comparisons and raising negative issues, and focus on what we can do to try and be part of a positive change.

The point of this thread is to get everyone who reads it, to put their issues into an email, letter, banner, newspaper comment/article, and get the message out to the board/broader community. If you have something to complain about in this thread, then that same comment should be getting sent to a board member or media outlet.

This is the reason behind this thread. A thread to give readers the relevant info and contact details for those who want to get involved and be heard outside of this forum.

If you have good contact info or good ideas to share, feel free to post them on here.

Thanks for your understanding. My vent over.

Sorry. I think I might have started that.

My point is just that it is nothing to campaign for a change to the coach.

We have to somehow change the ownership regime of searle and the searle family.

If we change coach we may get a short term bump in form. But I think it will be a dead cat bounce.

If we really want to arrest the decay we have to somehow lift our sights and aim for change at the top.

Just my opinion.

I would focus on showing dissent to the ownership at the raiders game.

Lets face it. We wont get lost in the crowd.

I definitely wasn't singling anyone or any post out, just wanting to stop it becoming another suns crowd thread.

I agree that while Searle is calling the shots, he will continue to call the shots that suit him. That's the benefit of being the boss.

Personally, I don't see much point trying to bite off too much too quickly. Baby steps.

I think the first step has been achieved, which is that the board, and even the media, has heard and taken notice of what we have to say. The fact it was reported in the medai is a great sign that it has not been in vain.

The next step will be a lot slower, which would be to hear/see what action they are planning on taking. In the meantime, we need to maintain the rage and keep the noise up to the board and media.

I'm hoping we can "do a Sharkies" on Monday. Shows what a team can do when they just go out and play their natural game, but that's another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by john cartwrong View Post
    Sorry. I think I might have started that.

My point is just that it is nothing to campaign for a change to the coach.

We have to somehow change the ownership regime of searle and the searle family.

If we change coach we may get a short term bump in form. But I think it will be a dead cat bounce.

If we really want to arrest the decay we have to somehow lift our sights and aim for change at the top.

Just my opinion.

I would focus on showing dissent to the ownership at the raiders game.

Lets face it. We wont get lost in the crowd.
    Sorry mate, I think I started it. I agree with your comments.
    Hopefully the article today about the NRL wanting a Board of 7 including three independents might also help our cause. Although I was told our Board make decisions, I think a Board of four of which one is Michael Searle, is a few people short.
    As C-Whiz said, we probably just need to wait and see what action is taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Sorry mate, I think I started it. I agree with your comments.
    Hopefully the article today about the NRL wanting a Board of 7 including three independents might also help our cause. Although I was told our Board make decisions, I think a Board of four of which one is Michael Searle, is a few people short.
    As C-Whiz said, we probably just need to wait and see what action is taken.
    Which article was that Mexican? Sorry just so I can go read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Which article was that Mexican? Sorry just so I can go read it.
    Hi BT. Page 91 in the Sunday Mail. The article was mainly about the NRL's wish to have more women in Board positions and it highlighted Rebecca Frizelle, but then went on the list other changes that the NRL wish to see at clubs. Cheers.

I'm not sure about how effective a 'save the Titans' banner would be on its own would be. Without context it could sound like an appeal to get more fans at games, or to the NRL for assistance.

I know it's a positive way to come about it but I think it needs to be more specific or given with examples

SAVE THE TITANS
    SACK CARTWRIGHT
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    SAVE THE TITANS
    SACK CARTWRIGHT

Spot on. And if you wanted to make a couple there could also be 'Save the Titans: Mead is our fullback' etc

Even NRL.com can see that Mead should be our fullback. This is what was said in an article on the website:
    "David Mead wants to play fullback. David Mead plays well at fullback. The Titans actually look more dangerous than the common household doorstop when David Mead plays at fullback. So with all due respect to Will Zillman, who was another of the few bright spots in the Titans' upset win over the Rabbitohs, why doesn't David Mead play fullback? And on Monday's bunny boilover, when you haven't won since the Anzac Day weekend you can't be picky, but aside from some desperate goal line defence, there was very little to write home about."
    http://www.nrl.com/power-rankings-ro...8/default.aspx

Well said NRL.com!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The board meeting is in 2 days isn't it? Maybe we will see action regarding Cartwright but not getting my hopes up.

It's so frustrating. Cartwright has to go, already!!!!!!!!!!