Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Maybe they will be able to get the merch packs out on time?????
    BOOM!
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    and here is mine ... and I agree he did at least respond and the fact that he is broadcasting the same message bares testimony to how many emails he must be receiving:
    Hey are you raiding my inbox????

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Lads...we've got traction...

Todd Balym
    News Limited
    June 29, 2014

GOLD Coast rugby league clubs have always struggled.

The first incarnation was the hastily and belatedly assembled Giants, who started the same year as the Broncos, but without the fanfare or success.

After two years they became the Seagulls. When that club ran out of gas at the end of 1995, the Australian Rugby League stepped in to create the Chargers. At the end of 1998, they too were dead.

But when the Titans were created in 2007 to bring league back to the Coast, it was a new era.

Flashy, confident and dripping with big-name stars, for the first time the Gold Coast was a rugby league force — getting to within one win of the 2010 grand final.

Now four years on, their confidence shot and home crowds at record lows, the Titans are in the biggest rut in club history.

o-captains Greg Bird and Nate Myles will miss their next game due to Origin duty as the Gold Coast head to South Sydney next Monday looking to avoid a club record seventh straight defeat.

Bird admits the team is caught in that horrible place where they need to get their confidence and belief back to break the losing cycle, but that only comes through winning.

“It’s the chicken and the egg thing, you don’t know what comes first (confidence or winning),’’ Bird said.

“We have to break the cycle of losses and gain some confidence back then hopefully we can go on a bit a winning streak.

“It comes with confidence, when you are playing confident football and on top of your game and confident in everything you’re doing you don’t make those mistakes.’’

Fox Sports Stats reveal a multitude of reasons why the struggling Titans have lost six games straight.

The biggest difference between the Titans who were 6-2 after eight rounds and equal ladder leaders to the team that lost their next six games straight is mainly in the metres gained category.

The Titans have gone from top of the class, ranked first with 1490m, to last with 1250m, making two and a half football fields less territory a game.

Even when they were winning they did not rank highly in key stats, so perhaps the wins wallpapered major problems in the team’s foundations.

They are bad starters having conceded almost twice as many points (44-80) as they have scored in the opening 20 minutes of games this year.

The have also faded badly in the past six weeks, having been beaten 65-22 in the final 20 minutes.

In year-to-date stats the Titans rank last in the NRL for errors (13.4), tackle busts (19.2), linebreaks (2.9) and missed tackles (33.1).

They rank 15th for tries scored (2.8), completions (68.9 per cent) and penalties against (7.8).

“Silly errors with the ball and silly misses in defence have been our downfall at crucial points in the game,’’ Bird said.

Gold Coast are fifth for the most tackles inside an opponent’s 20m zone but 15th for tries scored from that region, highlighting their lack of structure, variety and damage when attacking the line.

Injuries have contributed enormously. They have had six different halves combinations in six games but there is hope halfback Albert Kelly could return next week.

Their home record is the worst in the NRL. They are 2-6, having scored only 123 points at home and conceded 205 and lost their last five at Cbus Super Stadium.

The last month of home games was supposed to set up the Titans for a top-four tilt, instead they are only just keeping their head above the bottom four waterline.

It is little wonder crowd figures are down 3 per cent on last year and there is not a single blockbuster left this year to rescue the season average from becoming anything but a record low.

Supporters are so disenchanted that the League of Titans fan forum is gathering numbers to launch a public appeal for change at the club and has begun directly emailing board members to air their grievances.

A board meeting next week will no doubt discuss the team’s form slide, but not much can be done at a financially struggling club that may be forced to lose more administrative staff before the year is finished.

Coach John Cartwright is contracted for another two seasons and even a fourth straight finals failure is unlikely to change his stranglehold on his position.

Bird still has faith the club can turn it all around and is ready to rip in once he returns from Origin duty.

“We definitely need to be winning probably six or seven more,’’ Bird said. “It is getting to that point where we need to start winning games otherwise it’s going to have to be winning the last four or five and I don’t want us to be in that position.

“We played some of our best football towards the end of the season against some of the better teams.’’

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226970058472
    News Ltd. can go **** themselves, they have never liked the Titans..never. I just want change so that all of these young guys in the team get time to shine, and the fans get their wishes. If it wasn't for the community/the people..their would be no 'Gold Coast Titans' Cartwright, much like Meninga for QLD was lucky to have great talent at his disposal when Prince, and Rogers along with Friend made up the spine for team. We have great talent now but something isn't clicking and also Carty sabotaging his own team without realization. I wish the best for Cartwright and Zillman but the team needs to move in the right direction for the sake of the fans and the players..

I got the same email guys. Chris is a top fella.

Puts some bodies comments about seeing Carty and Henry at the board meeting into perspective doesn't it??

ill be done also and no re newing if something significant isnt done.

And im not just angry that we are in a rough patch. When we first dropped to the bottom in 2011, i applauded our cub for not knee jerking and over reacting, but at some point you MUST react, or others will. And by my count, they are going to be down 10 or more PREMIUM titanium west memberships just form this small group of forum users, plus all the other people out there who are jack of a club so far off the pace.

forget trying to get 10k members or something, for every new member they chase, theyll now need to chase one extra to cover the members leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    forget trying to get 10k members or something, for every new member they chase, theyll now need to chase one extra to cover the members leaving.
    This. ^^^

The club is at a point where growing membership numbers is currently a pipe-dream. The reality is that retaining current members must be the number 1 priority.

I honestly hope the club/board can see this. If they start to lose the members they currently have, in the numbers that this forum suggests they may lose, then I fear the entire franchise may not get through the rest of Cartwrights contract.

An example of the domino effect is the fact I bought 2 jerseys for myself this season, one for my son, a t-shirt for my daughter and we bought a Titans hoodie at the merch booth at the last home game we attended. It's not just the family membership they will lose, it's the hundreds of dollars in merch they will be losing each year as well.

What the club seems to fail to grasp is the fact that they are in the "entertainment" industry. People pay to be entertained, if the product is not worth watching the people stop paying.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    This. ^^^

The club is at a point where growing membership numbers is currently a pipe-dream. The reality is that retaining current members must be the number 1 priority.

I honestly hope the club/board can see this. If they start to lose the members they currently have, in the numbers that this forum suggests they may lose, then I fear the entire franchise may not get through the rest of Cartwrights contract.

An example of the domino effect is the fact I bought 2 jerseys for myself this season, one for my son, a t-shirt for my daughter and we bought a Titans hoodie at the merch booth at the last home game we attended. It's not just the family membership they will lose, it's the hundreds of dollars in merch they will be losing each year as well.
    Today me and the kids are off to the Suns V Collingwood and we went to last game at Metricon as well. I would never get a Suns membership over the Titans however the whole shambles at the Titans has me looking at other Gold Coast sports for a change (and with the standard of NRL games on Fox dropping during Origin I am not missing much decent NRL). The complete lack of accountability for performance has pissed me off so much that it has opened the door for another sport, one which I can frankly take it or leave it. I remember the Titans in their 4th year were pretty much sailing along like the Suns are now and it just goes to show how quickly it can all fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Today me and the kids are off to the Suns V Collingwood and we went to last game at Metricon as well. I would never get a Suns membership over the Titans however the whole shambles at the Titans has me looking at other Gold Coast sports for a change (and with the standard of NRL games on Fox dropping during Origin I am not missing much decent NRL). The complete lack of accountability for performance has pissed me off so much that it has opened the door for another sport, one which I can frankly take it or leave it. I remember the Titans in their 4th year were pretty much sailing along like the Suns are now and it just goes to show how quickly it can all fall apart.
    The Suns are no better than us with their on-field performance in recent years. The last 3 years they have finished 17th in 2011 (Last), 17th in 2012 (Second Last) and 14th in 2013. I don't follow the Afl so I don't know how they are off the field but on it they are worse than us.

Of course the board can see everything we are discussing but they are powerless to make the changes that everyone knows are required until the major shareholder is prepared to relinquish his egocentric stranglehold on the club … Searle was not a visionary, he was a dreamer who stacked a good argument to further his own ends.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Of course the board can see everything we are discussing but they are powerless to make the changes that everyone knows are required until the major shareholder is prepared to relinquish his egocentric stranglehold on the club … Searle was not a visionary, he was a dreamer who stacked a good argument to further his own ends.
    THIS 100%. nothing will change while ever he has some much power, Im expecting a new contract for Carty any time soon.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Official crowd record tonight at Metricon Stadium with 24,032.

While we post our two lowest crowds in history.

Searle needs to understand the degree to which he has not only f@cked his club but that the titans are very close to having nothing left.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    This is a thread to allow Gold Coast Titans fans to organise and rally for a voice for real change within the core business of the Gold Coast Titans.

This thread is to be used for constructive ideas and criticism with the purpose of bringing together people and ideas, so we can be heard as a united voice that can be directed to the relevant people to seek action or change.

This thread is to be used to seek real change within the Gold Coast Titans, whether boardroom issues, coaching issues, player concerns or things that the members, fans and supporters think are truly relevant and are being ignored at a Gold Coast Titans board level.

This is not a thread for negativity, complaining or personal attacks. It is a thread to discuss how we can unite to be heard, and what it is we want to say, how we want to say it, and where, when and who is going to do the talking.

Good luck, and I hope we can effect a positive influence on the Gold Coast Titans board to take note of what the members and fans want from their football team.
    Bump.

It is going to take something drastic to turn this poison around.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Don't just think of it as lost Memberships, think of it as lost influencers, defenders and advocates.

And as C Whiz says, it also has a multiplier effect.