Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mup23 View Post
    We're being heard and hopefully change is on it's way. Though this will mean it will lead to us dividing. We all know it isn't working but we'll have different ideas on what we need.

Personally I would rather Neil Henry over Wayne Bennett as I think the game has moved beyond Bennett and that he has no vision for the future and is only chasing the cash.

I'd also support Marwan Koukash buying out Searle but some people will have reservations about a billionaire horse owner being in charge after the Tinkler stuff at the Knights.

Whatever happens, we need to assess whether it's better for the club even if it isn't our first preference and not start fighting between ourselves and breaking up our united front
    Actually mate I am not concerned that we all have different opinions on what changes there should be, whether that be to coaches/management structure etc. I think what is important is that calls on here for something to be done were universal and I think we have done our bit. It's up to others now to fix the mess.
    But if Carty stays, I go.

We'll done to Mup for getting his beautiful head on the news - you spoke well mate!

"like" all of the above and add this … ownership of a community sport must have two parts to it:

1. The franchise must be profitable.
    2. It must engage the community in the way that it was designed.

I couldn't care less if Searle, Tinkler or anybody made a squillion from the club as long as my it proudly represented my home town by: presenting itself professionally; by providing opportunity for our youth and by playing an attractive brand of football.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Strong beard Mup

Also you realise your initial and surname spells..

Well said mate

Thanks for the link … great stuff Mup :-) "looking for someone to blame" … not having to look very far.

Potter to be sacked and Cartwright ends up at WT.

Obviously the $700,000 remains the only reason he's still here. The club remains financially strapped and income is dwindling with crowds reducing and probably membership. It's a catch 22.
    Until that improves we're in a hole. Unless we nab a generous benefactor. Embarrassing thinking on those lines at a club this age.

Do you think John Cartwright should be sacked?

vote.jpg

Vote at: http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...t+bulletin_rss
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 18-07-14 at 01:13 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Do you think John Cartwright should be sacked?

vote.jpg

Vote at: http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/...t+bulletin_rss
    Not sure what's more embarrassing the fact that only 34 people voted or that 6 half wits voted to keep the coach
    #itaintweaktospeak

Currently 105/26 and some bastard wrote this:

Bull Bailey, you are one of the few that can hold your head up but if you really think "after a couple of losses" is going to fly then you're kidding. How about 54 losses from the 88 games since the coach signed a retirement-guaranteeing 5 year contract? That is a disgraceful record. The coach has no excuse, all the players recruited have been at his insistence, the club even gave him another coach to help PLUS another 50k per year, a year ago ... disgraceful. Where is the accountability?

Wonder how long this 'full internal' review will take. Surely it can't be that hard to find an obvious main problem which is that our coach is ****-house.

I URGE EVERYONE get on the email and get on this if you haven't already.

Time to get real people. We need the name of the company completing the internal review and we need a contact email for the guy running it. Once we have that we need to collaborate to create a template that is respectful but direct in our views for the club and how it can be improved. If they want an internal review, I want the members of this club to be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Time to get real people. We need the name of the company completing the internal review and we need a contact email for the guy running it. Once we have that we need to collaborate to create a template that is respectful but direct in our views for the club and how it can be improved. If they want an internal review, I want the members of this club to be heard.
    Will this help?
    http://sportbusinessresources.com/about/dave-arthur/

- - - Updated - - -

It has his details on the contacts page.....

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Agree. The stuff that has started to come out lately is starting to remind me of 2010 all over again.