Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Public Appeal for real change within the Gold Coast Titans

This is a thread to allow Gold Coast Titans fans to organise and rally for a voice for real change within the core business of the Gold Coast Titans.

This thread is to be used for constructive ideas and criticism with the purpose of bringing together people and ideas, so we can be heard as a united voice that can be directed to the relevant people to seek action or change.

This thread is to be used to seek real change within the Gold Coast Titans, whether boardroom issues, coaching issues, player concerns or things that the members, fans and supporters think are truly relevant and are being ignored at a Gold Coast Titans board level.

This is not a thread for negativity, complaining or personal attacks. It is a thread to discuss how we can unite to be heard, and what it is we want to say, how we want to say it, and where, when and who is going to do the talking.

Good luck, and I hope we can effect a positive influence on the Gold Coast Titans board to take note of what the members and fans want from their football team.

FB has shown that the coaching issue has turned the corner, and their is open discontent about Cartwright and the continued selections is out in the public domain now. Even some of those "diehard Titan fans" have voiced their concerns, which means even some of the staunchest supporters of Cartwright have had enough and might be swayed into action with an effective, fair, respectful campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Let's all start with Travis Badel and Emma Greenwood (Gold Coast Bulletin) and go from there. Their emails and twitter accounts are easily accessible - just tell them that as a season ticket holder you have had enough and that you want them to use their position to make the teams administration accountable.
    I guess this is as good a place as any to start, but if everyone just fires off an agngry "sack Cartwirght" email, I doubt it will get very far. If we could organise a group gathering for all our voices to be heard, and even better seen (TV, news as per Dragons) and could have a collective message put across (the fans are not happy, and these are the reasons why!!!) I think we would have a much better chance of making a real difference rather than just firing off angry emails.

For me, if we want to be heard and make a real statement, take the message to the business leaders on the "board". I am 100% certain that a rally outside the Frizelle dealership would be news worthy, and would get instant attention from Rebecca Frizelle.

What are the emails of the board members, CEO, key newspaper columnists and anyone else we should email?
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    What are the emails of the board members, CEO, key newspaper columnists and anyone else we should email?
    Emails are fine but as anyone who has a lot of email traffic will tell you, an email that arrives in your in box can be very easily deleted or within a few hours can be way down the list and may not get read. Or gets overlooked as other emails continue to take priority.
    I know it's very old fashioned but in situations like this I believe letters should be sent as well as emails. Letters tend to at least sit on peoples desk and be an annoyance until they get dealt with. To journos use emails and twitter but to our Board members and Titans people I think letters are a better option. That's what I'll be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    This is not a thread for negativity, complaining or personal attacks. It is a thread to discuss how we can unite to be heard, and what it is we want to say, how we want to say it, and where, when and who is going to do the talking.
    Very well put C-Whiz.

As well as the immediate actions that are being discussed (letters, emails, rallies, ...) for the long-term I think serious consideration should be given to the establishment of an Independent Supporters Association. These groups are not uncommon in English soccer where the privatisation of teams has lead to a disconnection between the fans and those running the club. From the About page of the Independent Manchester United Supporters Association (http://imusa.org/about.php):

"Despite success on the field many devoted Reds had become increasingly disillusioned with the Board of Directors attitude towards match-going fans, sensing they were remote to the ideas and feelings of United's genuine supporters."

[And we don't even have any on field success to hang our hats on! And no I'm not a fan of soccer.]

Obviously there would be some time and effort involved in getting such an Association up and running, but a well run group with solid membership numbers would certainly add weight to what is being said.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    FB has shown that the coaching issue has turned the corner, and their is open discontent about Cartwright and the continued selections is out in the public domain now. Even some of those "diehard Titan fans" have voiced their concerns, which means even some of the staunchest supporters of Cartwright have had enough and might be swayed into action with an effective, fair, respectful campaign.

I guess this is as good a place as any to start, but if everyone just fires off an agngry "sack Cartwirght" email, I doubt it will get very far. If we could organise a group gathering for all our voices to be heard, and even better seen (TV, news as per Dragons) and could have a collective message put across (the fans are not happy, and these are the reasons why!!!) I think we would have a much better chance of making a real difference rather than just firing off angry emails.

For me, if we want to be heard and make a real statement, take the message to the business leaders on the "board". I am 100% certain that a rally outside the Frizelle dealership would be news worthy, and would get instant attention from Rebecca Frizelle.
    I would like to help mate but I live in CQ so it would be extremely hard for me to attend rallies etc. If there is a word smith amongst us perhaps they can draft a message that those who cannot attend can email, post etc to anyone we feel should hear the message. If we have a standard document that can be mailed/emailed/posted to Fb etc it comes across as a united front.

Good luck
    You are being heard. I assure you.

Be carefull you are not divided, as that is the easiest way to dismantle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Be carefull you are not divided, as that is the easiest way to dismantle.
    That is why I think we need one carefully written letter that we all use.

If he doesn't make the finals this season I don't think you will need to be writing any letters.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    That is why I think we need one carefully written letter that we all use.
    Got to be a little bit careful there I think mate. Very easy to jump on the bandwagon if a letter is more like a petition and everyone sends the same thing. If everyone makes the effort and writes their own feelings it would have a better impact. Doesn't need to be the worlds greatest literary piece just short and sweet and be constructive.
    My letter has been posted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    If he doesn't make the finals this season I don't think you will need to be writing any letters.
    Well that will not happen so lets make the change now.

Great thread C Whiz, you always were a leader. Right since the start.

Great, positive and proactive suggestions all around.

I agree with Mexican Titan that people should draft their own letters, not copy and paste one. But that doesnt mean that we can't discuss unifying issues.

Numbers puts forward a great suggestion on an independent supporters association. One that represents all supporters, not just from one seating area. One with proper governance. I know these are common in the UK but not Oz. I suggested such a think to the club years ago but obviously they weren't interested. I think if anything like this emerged it should be GC RL focused not just Titans. It's an idea of merit and thans for putting it on the table Numbers.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Good on you Cwhiz, excellent posts, and inspiring initiative mate.

I am going to be drafting up a letter of some sort over the weekend. I'd like to do more, but at least it's a start.

Like ozynorts, I'm another 'out of area' (mid-north coast nsw) supporter, so while i would love to get up to a one-off rally / demonstration - it would be difficult for me to attend anything on a frequent basis right now.

If anyone could pm me the contact info they've found for who to send our thoughts too, it would be appreciated. I'm going to try and track down contact info for Meyn, Balym, and Webeck as well as Frizelle, Donovan and Kelly. Not sure how available such details are online, but I'll dig around.

also, love the idea of an independent supporters association! where do i sign up?

Banned

some interesting suggestions so far. how would people feel about a boycott? anyone who has been involved with this sort of stuff before would know a boycott is one of the most effective ways to get what you want. they need us more then we need them.

perhaps set up camp outside cbus holding signs showing our discontent with the team and coach. ring up some journos and hopefully get some air time so the club gets the message loud and clear. i hate to admit it but the club is deteriorating before our eyes and if we dont do something soon then it could be curtains...

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Got to be a little bit careful there I think mate. Very easy to jump on the bandwagon if a letter is more like a petition and everyone sends the same thing. If everyone makes the effort and writes their own feelings it would have a better impact. Doesn't need to be the worlds greatest literary piece just short and sweet and be constructive.
    My letter has been posted.

- - - Updated - - -
    I guess the reason I suggested that was to be sure that there wasn't a bunch of "angry" correspondence being sent. Agree that perhaps if there is an agreement on the "unifying issues", as DH said, then people can write it their way.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I guess the reason I suggested that was to be sure that there wasn't a bunch of "angry" correspondence being sent. Agree that perhaps if there is an agreement on the "unifying issues", as DH said, then people can write it their way.
    No worries mate. I think as long as people are constructive there is no problem. Let's face it, people are concerned because we care about the future of this club and none of us have a death wish for it. I have quite happily coughed up my $1100 for family memberships because I want to show support and the club succeed, not just plod along with no apparent accountability for some people. I want nothing but success for this club and it's players and staff. If people want to ignore what passionate supporters think then they do so at their peril. Obviously by my avatar I follow another club as well but in 35 years of supporting them I have never felt the way I do about what is going on here. I have never written to any footy club about anything before, until now.
    In my letter I touched on the coaching, accountability, playing style, the role of the Board without getting in to names (although in most cases it is obvious who I was referring to). No need to go over the top, just state your issues as you see them.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 11-06-14 at 07:51 PM.