Thread: Coach Watch

Default Coach Watch

NRL.com

It’s somewhat disquieting when the best coaches in the game simply can’t do anything to help their teams. Craig Bellamy’s Storm are injury-ravaged, and his players are performing like they know they’re well up against it before they take the field. Wayne Bennett’s Knights look like a team that has forgotten how to win. Both coaches, undisputed masters of their craft, are fumbling for answers. The remainder of the season will be an intriguing test for their immense skills.

At the other end of the experience spectrum, the New Coach Effect kicked in for Dragons caretaker Paul McGregor over the weekend, while Mick Potter is surely close to getting a new Tigers deal.

Not so Titans coach John Cartwright – things are starting to get a little tense on the Gold Coast after four consecutive losses and a skydive from the top of the table.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Tense is not the word that I would use.

Banned

You can't blame injuries on the coach. Not long we were top of the table remember. Then we started tampering with our spine with nuffies and here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blair View Post
    You can't blame injuries on the coach. Not long we were top of the table remember. Then we started tampering with our spine with nuffies and here we are.
    We have never had a good spine IMO for a number of years so please qualify your spine that are referring to ??

However we can blame the HEAD COACH/ AND FOOTBALL MANAGER for not having signed other players to give us depth when we have injuries ,after all isn't that a part of what they get paid to do??

Exactly, Zillman was injured and we finally had a decent looking spine and we ascended to the top of the ladder. He comes back in and we lose 4 in-a-row. We were very competitive for the first 20 minutes against the ladder leading Panthers until Kelly took a bump and Srama went off. A couple of unlucky bounces and they got away from us. Yes, we're struggling inside the opposition 20, but that's a situation for the coach to sort out as we have far too many forwar hit-ups and not enough variety or intent in our play.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Who was fullback when we were top of the table?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    Who was fullback when we were top of the table?
    Zillman was in fact, we were at top when we had had our first choice spine of

1. Zillman
    6. Sezer
    7. Kelly
    9. Carter

Sezer is a massive loss. He was the inform half of the comp.

Zillman was in fact, we were at top when we had had our first choice spine of

1. Zillman
    6. Sezer
    7. Kelly
    9. Carter

Sezer is a massive loss. He was the inform half of the comp.
    Actually Zillman was injured in round 3 and we weren't top of the comp. Only when Mead was FB did we play good and we led the comp. And Sezer is good but IN FORM HALF OF THE NRL. Mate what are you smoking?

I am not sure why I waste time bothering with you but lets look at the early wins. Remember, that when we were on the top of the comp not that long ago, we were the first team since 1953 to be leading with a negative points differential.
    Round 1 - fell in against the Sharks who had a stack out and lost Gallen early. They are still last
    Round 2 - smashed by the Tigers
    Round 3 - beat the Raiders. Solid win but how are the Raiders still going
    Round 4 - beat Cowboys by a point in one of the worst games I have seen
    Round 5 - Beat the Storm. Best win we have had for ages and actually attacked.
    Round 6 - beat the Broncos. Broncs dropped the ball over the line which would have given them a 14-0 lead. Anyway an ugly win.
    Round 7 - beaten by Panthers. Close but a terrible standard game
    Round 8 - beat Tigers
    Round 9 - smashed by Rabbits who I admit were hot that game
    Round 10 onwards - rabble

So, as many of us on here believed, we were false leaders and despite generally playing against poor sides our attack was third worst in the comp.
    Any chance you might understand that.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 09-06-14 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I am not sure why I waste time bothering with you but lets look at the early wins. Remember, that when we were on the top of the comp not that long ago, we were the first team since 1953 to be leading with a negative points differential.
    Round 1 - fell in against the Sharks who had a stack out and lost Gallen early. They are still last
    Round 6 - beat the Broncos. Broncs dropped the ball over the line which would have given them a 14-0 lead. Anyway an ugly win.
    Round 8 - beaten by Tigers

So, as many of us on here believed, we were false leaders and despite generally playing against poor sides our attack was third worst in the comp.
    Don't want to be that guy man because I agree with what you're saying but we did beat the Tigers in round 8

Don't want to be that guy man because I agree with what you're saying but we did beat the Tigers in round 8
    LOL but mainly because I didn't notice it too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Thanks for reminding me about that Storm game. That was a great win.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Round 8 - beaten by Tigers

If they believe Sezer was the form half in the comp, then there is no chance they can understand your reasoned factual post.

Thanks mate. My error and I have edited my original post.
    I think the general point of it still stands.

Thanks mate. My error and I have edited my original post.
    I think the general point of it still stands.
    you should have outlined who was playing FB when the W's were racking up, and who has been there since the L's have begun reappearing.

Brent Tate has had as many injuries as anyone over the last decade, dont see that stopping him from making rep teams...