Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 213
  1. #61
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Sorry titans fan 1980 I am on my IPhone and hit the thumbs down button these phones are no good for people with big fingers, disregard thumbs down hit it by mistake
    no need to lie mate we know you maliciously meant to thumb down his post

    You can just thumb him up and it will amend it
    "My god I am shredded. I can't believe I got to this point in my life where literally every person that sees me is saying words like "mirin" and "arnie, that you?". It's boring, sure. But it's part of my life."-DavidBouveng
    https://instagram.com/league_of_titans/

    https://www.facebook.com/leaguetitans

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    I am not on Facebook. I had to hijack my wife's account in order to ask when the coach will take responsibility for results? Now for some reason the comment have gone missing?
    The editors must have been busy then. When I checked Facebook earlier in the week it was full of anti Cartwright posts.

  3. #63

    Default

    That's ok longull, i may be a bit over dramatic, but I'm strong believer that this coach is making bad choices in player selection

  4. #64
    Rep Player karnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Robina
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    Hi guys.

    Haven't posted much lately. I just don't have the energy for it anymore, the team has sapped me of my enthusiasm. I'll be at the game against the Storm - as I always am but I do not expect to see anything other than a very poor spectacle. The Storm are decimated and are travelling on the back of two 20 point plus thrashings. It is an unloseable game (that's a word now!) and I am already feeling sick over the way the inevitable win will be fawned over.

    It is embarrassing but I am at the point where I really want us to bottom out completely so that we get the institutional change that we all crave.

    It is important that we maintain the high moral ground however. This thread is not a good look. There are obviously factions within the Titans fans but I believe it is unbecoming to engage them in meaningless banter. The name calling is even worse than school yard behaviour - it is the sort of rubbish I would expect from a politician!! (Sorry DH - I had to...)

    I have made contact with Travis Meyn to ask about the way that he is covering the Titans in his paper but I am yet to get a reply. (On his Twitter account he actually describes himself as a Carlton Blues Tragic so he can't be what I would look for in a 'Chief Rugby League Writer'.) I think we should be using the increased access to people that technology allows us to begin lobbying for a more critical appraisal of the team in the media.

    No more praising 'gritty wins'.

    No more falling back on injuries as an excuse - they happen it is a part of the fabric of Rugby League.

    No more turning a blind eye to continued errors.

    Let's all start with Travis Badel and Emma Greenwood (Gold Coast Bulletin) and go from there. Their emails and twitter accounts are easily accessible - just tell them that as a season ticket holder you have had enough and that you want them to use their position to make the teams administration accountable.

  5. #65
    Star Player Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    2,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Hi guys.

    Haven't posted much lately. I just don't have the energy for it anymore, the team has sapped me of my enthusiasm. I'll be at the game against the Storm - as I always am but I do not expect to see anything other than a very poor spectacle. The Storm are decimated and are travelling on the back of two 20 point plus thrashings. It is an unloseable game (that's a word now!) and I am already feeling sick over the way the inevitable win will be fawned over.

    It is embarrassing but I am at the point where I really want us to bottom out completely so that we get the institutional change that we all crave.

    It is important that we maintain the high moral ground however. This thread is not a good look. There are obviously factions within the Titans fans but I believe it is unbecoming to engage them in meaningless banter. The name calling is even worse than school yard behaviour - it is the sort of rubbish I would expect from a politician!! (Sorry DH - I had to...)

    I have made contact with Travis Meyn to ask about the way that he is covering the Titans in his paper but I am yet to get a reply. (On his Twitter account he actually describes himself as a Carlton Blues Tragic so he can't be what I would look for in a 'Chief Rugby League Writer'.) I think we should be using the increased access to people that technology allows us to begin lobbying for a more critical appraisal of the team in the media.

    No more praising 'gritty wins'.

    No more falling back on injuries as an excuse - they happen it is a part of the fabric of Rugby League.

    No more turning a blind eye to continued errors.

    Let's all start with Travis Badel and Emma Greenwood (Gold Coast Bulletin) and go from there. Their emails and twitter accounts are easily accessible - just tell them that as a season ticket holder you have had enough and that you want them to use their position to make the teams administration accountable.

    Mate. Well said. You have raised so very good points for people to go away and think about. Are we going to whinge about change or try to do something about it ?

    Not sure how I will start but I'm going to start. We need to start doing rather that talking.

  6. #66
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    The editors must have been busy then. When I checked Facebook earlier in the week it was full of anti Cartwright posts.
    Wouldn't that be a fun job?

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  7. #67
    Coach C-Whiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Nerang, Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Hi guys.
    Hi.

    Good post, and I think everyone agrees with what you have said, but the simple fact is we need a leader/spokesperson to unite and lead the masses. It must be someone who has a level head, can support an argument with facts and is diplomatic. Many have the passion, but as you have said, there is a moral side to this, and the fact is we are talking about peoples livelihoods and careers, so it must be treated with some respect and understanding while also being firm.

    So, for the sake of clearing up forum threads, lets make a thread for those who are interested in actually being involved to take the campagin public, and we can discuss/organise this issue in there.

  8. #68
    Junior psmitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mt Gravatt East
    Posts
    294

    Default

    If someone could get together the names and emails of keys people to email about our concerns I would be happy to email also. Probably the emails of the board members, the CEO, the key people in the papers.... and anyone else who has influence. I will just cc them all in on my one email. If we all do this it surely will put pressure on the establishment to get rid of Cartwright.
    Psmitty

  9. #69
    Coach C-Whiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Nerang, Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    If someone could get together the names and emails of keys people to email about our concerns I would be happy to email also. Probably the emails of the board members, the CEO, the key people in the papers.... and anyone else who has influence. I will just cc them all in on my one email. If we all do this it surely will put pressure on the establishment to get rid of Cartwright.
    For me, if we want to be heard and make a real statement, take the message to the business leaders on the "board". I am 100% certain that a rally outside the Frizelle dealership would be news worthy, and would get instant attention from Rebecca Frizelle.

    I've made a new thread to discuss this.

  10. #70
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,882

    Default

    I've just realised that Ryan James must be at the very very bottom of our front row pecking order if even Caleb Binge who has played 3 games of cup after 20s last year is being considered ahead of him.

    Has anyone seen James play in cup recently? Any gauge on how hes going?
    "My god I am shredded. I can't believe I got to this point in my life where literally every person that sees me is saying words like "mirin" and "arnie, that you?". It's boring, sure. But it's part of my life."-DavidBouveng
    https://instagram.com/league_of_titans/

    https://www.facebook.com/leaguetitans

  11. #71
    Super Moderator TITAN PETE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SKILLED PARK S5
    Posts
    10,847

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I've just realised that Ryan James must be at the very very bottom of our front row pecking order if even Caleb Binge who has played 3 games of cup after 20s last year is being considered ahead of him.

    Has anyone seen James play in cup recently? Any gauge on how hes going?
    I find him playing & looking lazy but u are right that its hard to believe he can't get a start at Origin time..
    #itaintweaktospeak

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I find him playing & looking lazy but u are right that its hard to believe he can't get a start at Origin time..
    He's injured, his defensive work rate seems high but his shoulder is injured.. Exact same situation as will Matthews was in if anyone remembers his shoulder injury.. Even in his injured state still 5x the player binge is.. I've heard they made him play injured against the rabbitohs, I've also heard that he says he's right but isn't.. We won't find out till it comes from either the club or him but it will be a nasty look for the club if it comes to light he's being forced to play with a bad shoulder..

  13. #73
    Rep Player karnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Robina
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    AAAAAAAAARGH.....!!

    Corey Parker out of Origin 2 with an fractured eye socket, replaced by Dave Taylor. This is great news for Big Dave but it is bad news for our chances v the Storm and it is a shocking blow to my SuperCoach team that was relying on him playing through the Origin period.

    Maybe now, however, we get to see Taka move into the pack and Roberts gets a starting spot.

  14. #74
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,126

    Default

    Storm TV: Hinchcliffe to captain

    <script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=N3OXY4bjowcKUhSMjeslM8JgiDJL_S3W&pbid =fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>

    Ryan Hinchcliffe will captain Storm on Monday night on the Gold Coast. He spoke to Storm TV about the honour on Wednesday.

    "I'm very happy and proud that I will be able to lead the boys out this weekend," Hinchcliffe said.

    "We are going through a little bit of a tough period but there is one way out of it and that is to work our way out of it.

    "It's a huge honour, it's a very proud club."

    Be at AAMI Park in Round 15 when Storm take on the Eels. Book your tickets here.
    A member of Craig Bellamy's leadership group over the last few seasons, Hinchcliffe is confident the club's young brigade will take their chance.

    "It's exciting for those younger guys, it's exciting for our club to see the young talent that we have coming through," Hinchcliffe said.

    "I think the young guys that we have had in there have been doing a good job.

    "There is some real youth coming through our system at the moment and hopefully all the Storm fans get to see a few more."

    http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  15. #75
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    AAAAAAAAARGH.....!!

    Corey Parker out of Origin 2 with an fractured eye socket, replaced by Dave Taylor. This is great news for Big Dave but it is bad news for our chances v the Storm and it is a shocking blow to my SuperCoach team that was relying on him playing through the Origin period.

    Maybe now, however, we get to see Taka move into the pack and Roberts gets a starting spot.
    Boost for the Maroons, bad news for us.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew