Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Not really up on the finer points of the game and the skills of individuals, but why didn't one of the hookers take the role of half? I recall a couple of years ago Srama seemed to be developing a bit of a kicking game?
    I get what you're saying but didn't Srama only see action in the last 25 minutes??

Typical JC to move two positions to cover one injury. Just move Srama there and let the rest of the guys play in the positions they have, hopefully, trained in.... Moving Taka there was a mind boggling decision...

Cant say anything that no one else has said. Just shake my head and hope Carty gets the sack. but if that happens we still have searle to contend with. For a guy who put so much effort into getting an NRL club on the coast he doesn't seem interested in keeping it around long.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Some may call me disloyal but for the first time in the Titans history I went for the other team. I wanted the storm to win so much.... not because I don't love my team but because I do. I see that if they continue to lose then more pressure will be put on the board to sack Cartwright and then we can finally move on and begin again under a new coach.

The problem I see on this forum is we keep saying surely if we lose against team "X" Cartwright has to go.... but after we lose we say it again and again. The time has come that he has to go.... not after we lose to St George or any other team. It is gone to far and is beyond a joke.
    Psmitty

same feeling here psmitty, i find myself hoping we keep getting beat just so it forces a coaching change

Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Mortimer will probably play for us by the looks of things

Yep, official. Rest of this year and 2015/2016.

Titans

1 William Zillman (c)
    2 Kevin Gordon
    3 Brad Tighe
    4 James Roberts
    5 David Mead
    6 Brad Takairangi
    7 Maurice Blair
    8 Luke Bailey
    9 Beau Falloon
    10 Luke Douglas
    11 Greg Bird (c)
    12 Mark Minichiello
    13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange
    14 Matthew White
    15 Caleb Binge
    16 Ben Ridge
    17 Matt Srama
    16 David Taylor
    17 Nate Myles (c)

Coach: John Cartwright

- - - Updated - - -

Expect Mortimer to walk into the side even without knowing whats going on as thats what we get most weeks anyway
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Expect Mortimer to walk into the side even without knowing whats going on as thats what we get most weeks anyway
    This is normal for us anyway, no one has a clue whats going on so he will fit straight in

The less he gets coached before the game, the better he'll go

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Some may call me disloyal but for the first time in the Titans history I went for the other team. I wanted the storm to win so much.... not because I don't love my team but because I do. I see that if they continue to lose then more pressure will be put on the board to sack Cartwright and then we can finally move on and begin again under a new coach.

The problem I see on this forum is we keep saying surely if we lose against team "X" Cartwright has to go.... but after we lose we say it again and again. The time has come that he has to go.... not after we lose to St George or any other team. It is gone to far and is beyond a joke.
    The thing is though, mate. Some of us have become accustomed to throwing in the towel mid season since 2011. There's no promising signs that we'll see improvement for the remainder of the season, and we know Carty isn't going anywhere. So unfortunately, it's a cycle that we're going to repeat until Carty's contract expires or gets paid out 'n torn up.

I honestly do believe Cartwright won't be dislodged anytime soon. He'll be still here come seasons end..

QLD Cup

If it's a done deal that Carty will stay regardless, then let's hope the team improves and we can enjoy what's left of a lost season.

But for all fans its another year of Ground hog day all over again. perhaps like Tom Cruise and Bill Murray, we are destined to continue to repeat the pattern year after year till we finally work out what it takes to win a premiership.

Guys,, can I remind you about the thread "Public appeal for real change...".
    If you haven't done so, please consider letting the club or Board know how you feel, whether by email, letter, whatever legal means you want.
    It's all well and good for us to cry on each others shoulders here but it would also be useful if we put our concern out there a bit wider. The more the better.

Everyone played alright but I felt Mini should have come off. He let in 2-3 tries off poor tackling from being fatigued. However he was safe with the ball (for once) and ran hard.

No doubt that Mead should be our #1 but Zillman didn't play that bad. He created some opportunities and showed plenty of heart. One play he did that stood out was, in their final try when they broke though Zillman tackled the runner and then tried desperately to tackle the player who got it off the play-the-ball. You could see at the end of the game he was buggered from giving it his all.

Mead played good. Him and Roberts could form a great combo out wide (if Mead doesn't go FB). However, I don't know what he was doing in the first try. By the looks of it he told Zillman to take the back up player (Hinchcliffe?) and that he would take Roberts. But he kept running at Hinchcliffe instead, so Roberts had no one chasing him. Not to worry though, that was his only poor choice all game.

Kevvie had a good game I thought. Every time a bomb went up he was the only one chasing and he took plenty of runs to take pressure off the forwards.

We would be a dangerous side with a new coach. We have the players but not the right coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Everyone played alright but I felt Mini should have come off. He let in 2-3 tries off poor tackling from being fatigued. However he was safe with the ball (for once) and ran hard.

No doubt that Mead should be our #1 but Zillman didn't play that bad. He created some opportunities and showed plenty of heart. One play he did that stood out was, in their final try when they broke though Zillman tackled the runner and then tried desperately to tackle the player who got it off the play-the-ball. You could see at the end of the game he was buggered from giving it his all.

Mead played good. Him and Roberts could form a great combo out wide (if Mead doesn't go FB). However, I don't know what he was doing in the first try. By the looks of it he told Zillman to take the back up player (Hinchcliffe?) and that he would take Roberts. But he kept running at Hinchcliffe instead, so Roberts had no one chasing him. Not to worry though, that was his only poor choice all game.

Kevvie had a good game I thought. Every time a bomb went up he was the only one chasing and he took plenty of runs to take pressure off the forwards.

We would be a dangerous side with a new coach. We have the players but not the right coach.
    mead yelled 3 times take the ball take the ball to zilly so he could go support.

I asked him this after the game.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]