Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    This game needed a fight early on. The players wanted it and the fans wanted it. It would've been all over in 60 seconds and they could've got on with decent footy for the next 75 minutes.

All the niggle and frustration couldn't get out because the players aren't allowed to throw a punch, so instead they have 80 minutes of grown men taking cheap shots and niggling. I know what I would rather see.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats to NSW though.
    Thank you, sir. It really was a, great game..and it was almost like a very old school Origin in it being very low scoring and dirty. I got emotional when Gallen was hugging Daley..no one deserved it more then Gallen and ALL of the guys, also the fans

Game 3 will be interesting..

We can thank Gallen for ruining Origin for generations.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    What? Come on, man. Why wouldn't you give credit where credit is due? We had to give QLD credit all of the time, no matter if there was a dodgy decision or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonbcode View Post
    What? Come on, man. Why wouldn't you give credit where credit is due? We had to give QLD credit all of the time, no matter if there was a dodgy decision or not...
    Gallen killed the biff with this dog move.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Nate Myles was headbutting nearly every NSW player, it wasn't his "tackling style" NSW had to eventually stand up to themselves. I couldn't care too much about the fighting, if a team can play good rugby league then it's a fair contest, man.

Congratulations SCUM.

Wow brad, this is low.... Especially from you....

NEW! SOUTH! WALES!

Seriously I think u have lost it
    #itaintweaktospeak

Also, how was Thaiday's try not a try?? It was stripped by Hayne and Thaiday dived on it. TRY!

The blues are the biggest grubs I have seen. Every tackle they were elbowing/kneeing our faces. JT had every right to do the same to Reynolds.

Woods touched the ball off the kickoff. Why couldn't they reverse the decision in such a big game.

NSW fans should be glad the refs were favouring them. I feel bad for all the players putting their bodies on the line in both games, just for the game/series to end on a couple of bad decisions.

As a Queenslander I am happy that the monkey is off our back … now I am enjoying reading and listening to the NSWailers rejoicing in their fortune … you got the rub of the green and that's fine but you guys are amazing how quickly your whining about Inglis has now become the glorification of Gallen who is nothing but the grubby turd he has always been … things have returned to normal.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I think the problem on here is Qld have been dominant for so long most of the supporters have forgotten how to lose without having a whinge , get over it & we'll move on to the 3rd game & hopefully without being called Scum by someone that's supposed to be a Administrator
    #itaintweaktospeak

You'll live.

But Gallen, well and truly did kill Origin. It's verging on AFL out there now and it's friggin an embarrassment.

The only embarrassing thing is the way you are carrying on , very disappointing to come from you
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    The only embarrassing thing is the way you are carrying on , very disappointing to come from you
    You are going ape**** over me using one 4 letter word? Which was scum by the way. One I regularly throw the way of other clubs?

Keep some perspective, it was a throw away line. I'm sure far filthier words came out of people's mouths last week.

I'm cut to lose but it was a fair enough result. QLD werent good enough, played it too safe. The better team won game 1, the better team lost game 2, but it was such a low scoring affair it doesn't matter.

I'm about the last Queenslander you should really be having a go at about my attitude. I'm not one of those idiots gloating all the time on facebook like tools. I remember why Origin was created. And I always knew it wasn't going to last. But it would have been great to go a decade. It has well and beyond defied statistics and luck to go for so long. Three in a row is a feat to be envied.

I'm pretty sure Brad is referring to the players, not the supporters peeps, so let's keep it real both ends. Plenty of niggling acts from both teams, no winners on the morale high-ground from the other night.

I agree that the Gallen punching Myles thing has killed the outlet for the deep rooted raw aggression that made Origin great for 30 years. Imagine if after Artie had smashed Mick Cronin in game 1, the ARL had stepped in and said, "Throw a punch and you're off!"
    Do you think Origin would be where it is today?

Without the biff it will be tedious, boring, niggling, sh1tty games like the one we watched on Wednesday night. Right or wrong, it all comes down to Gallen punching Myles in the head, and I'm not going to bother getting into the politics of the act itself. But Origin can't keep being played the way it was the other night, because the fans will stop paying money to watch that sort of crap. It was terrible on almost every level. The only thing going for it was that it was Origin, and NSW won. Otherwise it would probably, rightfully, be cast as the worst game of Origin in 30 years.

If that game had been AFL, RU, or even soccer we would all be laughing at how p1ss weak it was the way they push and shove but are scared to throw a punch. State Of Origin has been reduced to the sort of jersey pulling and dirty antics of the types of sports RL fans have always held with ridicule and derision all these years. I would rather my children watch grown men have a good old-fashioned fight than sit through 80 minutes of some of the most unsportsmanlike behaviour I have seen in all my time watching RL. Well, at least since Les Boyd left the game.

BRING BACK THE BIFF!!!