Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Yes, I think if Henderson was still at the club Cartwright would just pick the same team of his mates ... how pathetic are we?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Well everyone here's to another wasted season. Zillman at fullback after his performance against the warriors. Don out of the team after his consistent defense, attack and composure under the highball. Roberts cant even crack the starting team when we are screaming out for someone to offer us something extra in attack after Idris leaving. Onya Carty!!!!!!!!!

Go Back to Penrith John............Over It

Any going to the game please hold up a sign or something to let everyone know even carty that we don't want him

Yeah have to say i am over this ****. Makes me loose interest in NRL when you see stuff like this with your own team.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

QLD Cup

With the exception of Blair, Tighe and Carter isn't this the same team that has be mediocre for the last three years? Hasn't Don been one of the few bright lights in the team this year?........just asking

Actually hope k hunt joins us because we really need a change to our backs and hopefully move zilly

Really hoping James Roberts gets a run. He will be electric for us. I love the Kelly/Blair halves pairing and I think the pack is spot on. I feel sorry for Don who would be better either on Mead's wing or at fullback and feel for Meady too. I wonder how many losses it will take to shift Zilly. I'd be dropping Minichiello and putting Taka on the bench with Roberts at right centre. Tighe is serviceable and hasn't let us down. Glad to see Gordon back and it will be interesting to see who does the goal-kicking.

The Panthers have been decent of late and our pack is going to need to be at their best if we are to take them down. Having Bird and Myles back will help and I reckon Ridge is going to take this opportunity with both hands while Harrison is out. Despite the fullback debacle - I think we will win this one.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

It's already been said in this thread, but I have to add my disgust.

I would prefer Mead to fullback, Don to the wing, Zillman to Q Cup, and Cartwright to retirement.

Would be nice to see Zillman prove us all wrong, but I don't have any faith in that happening. In fact I don't have much faith at all in this club's chances as long as Cartwright is coach.

I am hoping Idris is not playing this game for his personal reasons because he and Mansour ripped us a new ass hole last game

The problem with Zillman is that as fans we all would like him to succeed, however, if he pulls a good one out this weekend then we are faced with him pulling bads ones out for the following 2 months ... I just can't take that.

And bugger Idris ... he can bugger off to wherever he comes from and go to buggery ... I just can't wait for the dripping, sympathetic crap that Gould and his media darlings will roll out ... the poor unfortunate, misunderstood, over-rated lard-butted millionaire.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-06-14 at 05:31 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

James Roberts says sacking from Penrith Panthers a 'blessing in disguise' after fresh NRL start with Gold Coast Titans

James Roberts was a shattered man at the time of his sacking from Penrith, and while he holds no grudges against his former club, he has labelled his move to the Gold Coast as a blessing in disguise.

As he prepares for what could be his first game for the Titans against his former club on Saturday night, Roberts has broken his silence after he was axed by the Panthers in March following an alcohol-fuelled off-field misdemeanour during the preseason.

The talented 21-year-old, who has been named on an extended bench for the Titans this weekend, said he owed a lot to Panthers general manager Phil Gould and club welfare officer Glen Liddiard for helping to turn his life around.

"I was shattered when they released me and told me I was no longer needed there," Roberts said.

"I think Glen was more shattered than me, he almost burst out in tears. It was pretty heartbreaking and I never really wanted to leave. Gus called me in and said it was one of the hardest decisions he has ever had to make. He told me 'we're going to have to let you go' and that 'we as a club believe it's not working'. He said 'we wish you luck at whatever club you go to, which I'm sure you'll find'. He just said it wasn't working out and that I've had enough warnings.

"I got along with Gus. He's like the godfather at Penrith and he always came around to check on me and make sure everything was all good. That's why I was shocked when he called me in and told me they had to let me go. Gus has helped me out a lot and I couldn't thank him enough for what he did for me. I'm still looking to give him a buzz once I get my life back on track, but it's all worked out perfect for me on the Gold Coast. One of my uncles told me it was a blessing in disguise."

At the start of last year, Roberts was homeless. He was living out of his car for a fortnight as he looked to get his life back on track at the foot of the mountains after he was dumped by South Sydney.

His talent has never been questioned, winning the Jack Gibson medal last year as the best player in Penrith's Holden Cup premiership triumph.

He's now living at Tweed Heads with Titans teammate and cousin Caleb Binge. While some may see this as his last chance, Roberts said the move was his best shot at making the most of his freakish talent.

"I don't feel like it's my last chance, I feel like it's my best chance," Roberts said.

"I will make it work. You'd have to have something wrong with you for it to not work out up here given the lifestyle, the boys and the facilities. It's good for me to be up here with my close mate Brad Tighe. When I found out he was going to the Titans, I started thinking I wanted to leave the club too because I was training at right centre but the Panthers had signed Jamal [Idris] to play there.

"I was a bit heartbroken when I was told they were going to run Jamal at centre and, if injuries occur, then I'll get my crack. They wanted me to run on the right wing and I didn't like that, but that's how it goes sometimes."

Since the preseason incident that culminated in his sacking from Penrith, Roberts has been on an alcohol ban imposed by the NRL's integrity unit.

While that ban is set to be lifted in just over a fortnight, Roberts has vowed to stay off the drink in a bid to fulfil his potential.

"After leaving Penrith, I haven't touched a drink since," Roberts said.

"Nothing good comes out of it, especially when you're an athlete. The Integrity Unit put me on an alcohol ban, which at first I didn't like. But now it's my choice not to drink. I'm still on a ban but when it finishes, I'm not going to drink. I've learnt that alcohol is not my mate."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz33YxxHPg4
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Panthers

1. Matt Moylan
    2. Josh Mansour
    3. Dean Whare
    4. Isaah Yeo
    5. David Simmons
    6. Jamie Soward
    7. Peter Wallace
    8. Sam McKendry
    9. James Segeyaro
    10. Brent Kite
    11. Sika Manu
    12. Tyrone Peachey
    13. Elijah Taylor

14. Lewis Brown
    15. Jeremy Latimore
    16. Nigel Plum
    17. Bryce Cartwright

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

No doubt that Penrith are a good side but that have had a pretty easy draw. Here are the teams they have beaten:
    Raiders x2 (14th)
    Knights x2 (15th)
    Bulldogs (1st)
    Eels (7th)
    Titans (10th)

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    No doubt that Penrith are a good side but that have had a pretty easy draw. Here are the teams they have beaten:
    Raiders x2 (14th)
    Knights x2 (15th)
    Bulldogs (1st)
    Eels (7th)
    Titans (10th)
    Good point Titan4Life