Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

panthers are giving the eels a touch up. building some nice form and will top 2 after tonight.

this should a be fun night against the panthers

If the Panthers play like they did tonight we are going to get annihilated.

Rep Player

Deadset if Roberts isn't into the team and Mead isn't fullback I give up. Zillman has done what he can for this club but I cant help but feel nothing would make me happier than a season ending injury to him so we are at least playing our best 17....thats how good our coach is right now

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Deadset if Roberts isn't into the team and Mead isn't fullback I give up. Zillman has done what he can for this club but I cant help but feel nothing would make me happier than a season ending injury to him so we are at least playing our best 17....thats how good our coach is right now
    Great post 5YC. Pretty much sums it up.

Rep Player

Honestly I actually feel sorry for Zillman. Due to his injuries he is too far off the pace and is a more of a hinderance than a asset to us right now. If the best 17 were chosen he would be playing out his days in Q-Cup/Super league yet Carty continues to pick him and overlook his flaws in complete detriment to the team. Huge respect for Harro. We have all seen he has been gradually getting more and more off the pace due to his injuries and age over the years and he has decided to end on his own terms. I can cop losses you cant win every game but I cant cop this continued mediocrity through poor selection, coaching and ownership. In the age of every supporters $$ becoming harder to justify we are doing our club no favors here.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Honestly I actually feel sorry for Zillman. Due to his injuries he is too far off the pace and is a more of a hinderance than a asset to us right now. If the best 17 were chosen he would be playing out his days in Q-Cup/Super league yet Carty continues to pick him and overlook his flaws in complete detriment to the team. Huge respect for Harro. We have all seen he has been gradually getting more and more off the pace due to his injuries and age over the years and he has decided to end on his own terms. I can cop losses you cant win every game but I cant cop this continued mediocrity through poor selection, coaching and ownership. In the age of every supporters $$ becoming harder to justify we are doing our club no favors here.
    Pretty much sums it up 5YC.
    You are being kind to Zilly saying injuries have affected him. I don't think he has been injured all of the last 3 years.

good post 5YC, and i too feel for Zillman. He isnt picking himself, which puts alot of pressure on him considering there are clearly better options, and it would be a big call to stand yourself down.

So he has to keep polishing apples and doing his best until a new coach comes to town

He mightn't be picking himself but he certainly isn't being honest with his team mates … he's well down on form and that's being kind.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Titans half-back Albert Kelly will “defy” nerve pain in his leg to help his team out of a potential season-ruining rut

TITANS half-back Albert Kelly will defy “nerve pain” in his leg to help dig the Gold Coast out of the rut that’s threatening to ruin their season.

Kelly will return from a two-game lay-off against Penrith at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday and will likely partner good friend Maurice Blair in the halves.

It’ll be his first game since the big loss to South Sydney in Round 9 when he played just 13 days after suffering a small fracture in his leg.

Kelly missed the Broncos and Warriors losses because of a minor hamstring strain and the affects of the fracture which are causing an “annoying pain” in his left leg.

But with five-eighth Aidan Sezer (pectoral muscle) out for at least three months, Kelly said he was determined to help snap the Gold Coast’s three-game losing streak and get their season back on track.

“I probably shouldn’t have played against the Rabbits but I tried to get out there and lead by example by playing sore and injured,” he said.

“Everyone does it but I’ve missed out two weeks now. Lucky we have a bye and it’ll give me that extra two weeks.

“It’s frustrating watching the team lose those two games.

“I’ll go back (today), hopefully train without any hiccups and play against Panthers.”

Kelly has had a run of leg injuries this year which started with the varicose veins problem in his left leg which saw him miss some of the pre-season. A byproduct of that problem was increased swelling when he copped a severe cork and minor crack in the fibula against Wests in Round 8.

The callus that’s formed over the crack has been causing the recent pain in his leg but Kelly said it was improving.

“I had that nerve kind of pain down near the tib-fib (tibula-fibula) joint and that’s what’s been keeping me out of training,” he said.

“It’s a nerve pain that comes and goes. It’s a bit like a funny-bone hit.

“It’s an annoying pain.

“I did the whole session (on Thursday) and it felt very good. I should be able to train all week and get to play against the Panthers.”

The Titans will also be bolstered by the return of co-captains Nate Myles (Origin) and Greg Bird (suspension) but hooker Beau Falloon (back) is in some doubt.

“Beau won’t be long-term. He may miss a week or two,” coach John Cartwright said.

“He’s got a bit of a disc problem.

“Albert did two tough sessions last week and as long as he can train this week he should be right for selection.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

If he's not ready, don't rush him back in. You'd like to think our Coaching Staff have at least learnt this in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    If he's not ready, don't rush him back in. You'd like to think our Coaching Staff have at least learnt this in recent years.
    Mmmmmm. You know our "Coach" is John Cartwright yeah ?????

Yeah Mate, that's the concerning part. I wouldn't be too surprised if he has been rushing our Lads back early, with the hope of saving his own butt (by wins).

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Yeah Mate, that's the concerning part. I wouldn't be too surprised if he has been rushing our Lads back early, with the hope of saving his own butt (by wins).
    Mate you could be right on this. I sometimes get the feeling that players are playing injured.

I know Carty won't do it but this is the back line that I would like to see this weekend.
    1. Mead for Speed.
    2.Don is good.
    3. Taka
    4. Tighe
    5. Roberts
    6. Blair
    7. Alby.

Zilly running the water and looking after the oranges.

That's a first grade backline behind a first grade pack (doesn't really matter which combination at the moment) ... I would happily support that squad; win, lose or draw.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.