Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    if we can't battle the facebook mob then we have no chance of outing the coach ... let's all grow a pair and get stuck in ... NOW!
    i tried mate but now i has the dumb from reading that ****e.

people claiming zillman was best on field, saying coach is doing a great job, he didnt drop the balls... taylor inconsistent (name someone more consistent this year than taylor? he is our most dependable performer atm.

just hurts my head.

most of them must have met the coach, been to a fan day or something and feel like they are mates with the players or something and dont wanna bag their new BBF...but how about standing up for the club. saying its just a loss it happens, and theres always next week...it is bull****. its been always next week for 4 years, without much sign of improvement.

these are the people who think that giving carty a pat on the back as he walks past them means they are friends, which is more important than actual success.

Just back from the game and have read all the comments - can't disagree with many.
    Not a good word to say about any of them except Dave Taylor who tried his guts out. Kelly a shocker but he was not alone. We all agree that the coach is useless and a couple of little things that happen just add weight to that view. For example why would we tap the ball (twice it happened) when you get a penalty 35-40 metres out rather than kick it out and start from the 20. If that's not the signed of a #### coach what is. Just simple basics.
    As usual we made a couple of breaks tonight on early tackles but the following play is a hit up - pressure off, go figure.
    The worst thing for me is that Penrith were there to be beaten tonight, they were quite poor on occasions but put us away easily.
    Just where is this clown of a coach and Searle going to take us. While on Searle I noticed an article in the paper today about juniors and it mentioned our recruitment person Tom Searle. Where will it end.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 07-06-14 at 09:06 PM.

man we are so off the pace with in game decisions and attention to detail.

we have mead, kelly, taylor, taka, blair, who all want to create things, and our gameplan is to be a spoiler team, dulling the contest and jagging penalty goals.

man i wish we had the quality of journalism as AFL does, we would get torn a new one so quickly for poor performance, coaching, selection, discipline and shamed into taking action.

or even more educated fans. we are but a few and get overrun by the drooling masses which the majority of league fans are. weve tried having 'smart' league shows for years and it never works cos ppl still want bum jokes and innuendo. no one wants to analyse and think about footy.
    Last edited by DavidBouveng; 07-06-14 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Some people on Facebook are really starting to annoy me
    "Zillman is great, one of our best"
    "Takairangi and White are terrible"
    "Don't blame Carty, he is a great coach"

No brains in their heads
    wtf

if i didn't know any better i would think they were trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    wtf

if i didn't know any better i would think they were trolling.
    trolling indicates wit, or maybe intelligence. that group is mostly bereft of it.

- - - Updated - - -

biggest regret tonight is i picked mansour for captain in SC thinking he was going to carve... every one else did! bath tub!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    or even more educated fans. we are but a few and get overrun by the drooling masses which the majority of league fans are. weve tried having 'smart' league shows for years and it never works cos ppl still want bum jokes and innuendo. no one wants to analyse and think about footy.
    Not so sure that we are in a minority Dave. The crowd of just over 10,000 tonight I think proves people have had enough of this club the way it is being run.
    As I said in an earlier post, Annesley has been quiet of late. Is that because he is just being squashed by Searle as many of us suspected. He is not the CEO - he is an Office Boy and nothing more and it needs to change.

Just got home, haven't had time to read all the comments, but from the start Zillman was very ordinary at best, and I am being kind.

Bird was aggressive and helped force a few Panthers errors, but we must have given away the most cheap ball of any team this year. Any time we were lucky enough to get some ball we just literally threw it away again. Unforced errors galore. Panthers offloaded on almost every second tackle, we didn't contain the ball at all. Terrible.

Alby was way off his game, maybe hurt, but def underdone, should have been pulled long before he kept kicking it into the opposite players and not having a turn and chase game. Not to mention where was all our "fast" men? No chasers!

Taylor turned over ball trying to create something, because someone had to try and make something happen. We were so bad i would've almost been happy to see the good old 5 and a bomb, because at least we have a chance with that.

Not the worst performance I have seen from the Titans, but the least inspiring effort of which it appears there is almost ZERO positives to take out of the game.

Reading some of the comments on the Titans facebook is tough and despressing. I don't like seeing fans laying into each other. But some of the stuff coming out of the mouths of some is just so immature and divisive. I often speak about the immaturity of our fanbase, this just doesn't happen at any other club. With some sections of our fanbase, if you question the coaching and its "Spanish inquisition" time or 'Reds Under The Bed" McCarthyism. I'm forever thankful not knowing people like that in any other age.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Just looking over a few posts now...

Zillman was sh!t. Accept it, it was on display tonight for ALL to see. Mead to FB, Don to right wing. It works.

Carter 80 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Reading some of the comments on the Titans facebook is tough and despressing. I don't like seeing fans laying into each other. But some of the stuff coming out of the mouths of some is just so immature and divisive. I often speak about the immaturity of our fanbase, this just doesn't happen at any other club. With some sections of our fanbase, if you question the coaching and its "Spanish inquisition" time or 'Reds Under The Bed" McCarthyism. I'm forever thankful not knowing people like that in any other age.
    My apologies DH for being a little too direct in my earlier post. The frustration got to me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    My apologies DH for being a little too direct in my earlier post. The frustration got to me a bit.
    Wasn't talking about you. :P Specifically the comments of groupies on the Titans fb.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I hope Cartwrights son signs anywhere but here & takes his father with him, we are becoming a laughing stock of the NRL with our pathetic performances week in week out....

Segyaro's 1st try I'm sure I heard Zillman yell "Touched" but the refs missed it..

Douglas was fantastic in the 1st 20 but pathetic in the 2nd half

Taylor ,Carter & Blair all played well , Myles is only interested in playing SOO going by the way he jogs to line when he has the ball in his hands..

As bad as the refs were neither the Mead or Zillman tries were tries..

There's no way Kelly passed any fitness test prior to the match he was limping in the 1st 10 minutes..

& the biggest joke of the night was the mythical crowd figure of 10k , between 6 & 7 no more..

If I wasn't a member I wouldn't be returning to Skilled until the coach was gone this team is so disappointing but I will see out the season before deciding what happens next year..

There's no way we will beat the Storms div 2 team next home game either unless Mead returns to 1 & Don is returned to the NRL with Kelly staying off the park until his injury is healed 100%
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    if we can't battle the facebook mob then we have no chance of outing the coach ... let's all grow a pair and get stuck in ... NOW!
    Mate I'm with you.

After watching tonight's performance, Mead may as well go. It's not worth paying overs for him like we currently do. He bombed two gifted tries and was caught shirt grabbing the opposition which led Yeo to a Sunday stroll. We have better players in the club that can play the positions he's currently assigned to as well better players in that position he wants to be in so badly.

The rest of the team played alright though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Blair View Post
    After watching tonight's performance, Mead may as well go. It's not worth paying overs for him like we currently do. He bombed two gifted tries and was caught shirt grabbing the opposition which led Yeo to a Sunday stroll. We have better players in the club that can play the positions he's currently assigned to as well better players in that position he wants to be in so badly.

The rest of the team played alright though.
    thanks William, your input is valued, but at least Mead put hands on his attacker and made him work for it. You just watch them stroll by. please do us all a favour and drop yourself to Qcup, if you work hard you will quickly be in the top handful of fullbacks there. but only if you work hard at some of the finer skills like kicking, passing, catching, running, tackling...only skill you have perfected is polishing apples for coach carty