Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 13: TITANS vs PANTHERS

TITANS vs PANTHERS

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

If anyone has hope of a victory in this one tell me so I thumb u doooooown
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Titans fullback William Zillman reveals devastation over hamstring injury that threatened his season

TITANS fullback William Zillman has revealed he was “devastated’’ by a hamstring injury that threatened to derail his season so soon after he had *returned to full fitness.

After off-season rest finally rid him of the chronic groin problem osteitis pubis, Zillman was relishing the chance to play at full fitness for the first time in almost a year.

But his hamstring injury nobbled that opportunity, with Zillman sidelined for five weeks.

“It was pretty devastating for me when I thought I just had my body right,’’ the 27-year-old said.

“You always think during the year you’re going to miss maybe one or two here and there for injuries.

“It was just hard for me because I did it so early on in the season. I was just getting the hang of it and we were playing some good football and I tore my hammy, unfortunately.

“But it’s back now to 100 per cent and I felt really comfortable on the weekend.’’

Zillman was further tested on return, being slotted into the centres after David Mead’s outstanding showing at fullback during his absence.

But he said the move had not toyed with his confidence.

“To be honest, it’s just made me hungrier to get back out there,’’ he said of the shift and a nasty concussion suffered in his second game back against the Broncos.

Zillman has since shifted back to No. 1 and is determined to maintain the position for the remainder of the season.

“I guess (competition is a good thing). I think that’s one of the fortunate things for us this year, that we’ve got quite a bit of depth,’’ he said.

“We’ve always had depth in the forwards I think but also this year in the backs we’ve got heaps of guys vying for wing positions, centre positions and we’ve been fortunate because even when we’ve suffered a couple of injuries in this last month, I feel like we’ve had quality guys that can fill those positions. I’m very comfortable at fullback, I love playing fullback and I certainly think I can bring my best out for the team playing there.’’

After leading the competition, the Titans slid out of the top eight after three consecutive losses but Zillman said the club would fight back.

“It’s hard losing even two in a row and to go down on the weekend three in a row was a tough pill to swallow but we really have a good month of football coming up and we’ve got some troops coming back for next week hopefully.

“Hopefully Alby (Albert Kelly) will be right, Brad Takairangi and then you’ve got guys like Nate (Myles) and Birdy (Greg Bird) to beef the side up and hopefully get a win at home.’’

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Zillman has since shifted back to No. 1 and is determined to maintain the position for the remainder of the season.
    Excellent! We finally got our FB back for the rest of the season. Looking forward to him going MIA for 80 minutes..

Damn I was looking forward to Idris coming back here.

I don't know why we bother … these guys are on a completely different planet, where there is pink lemonade in the fountains and sugar-coated candy trees … a reality check is needed in our club urgently.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I'm pleased someone posted this article. I read it in a Drs waiting room this morning. I was there for a skin cancer check but they also do heart checks and I thought I might need one after I read this. I can't recall the headline but it was something like putting the Zip back in to the Titans. Please.
    I cannot believe the positive articles this bloke gets. He is just f----ing Teflon as nothing sticks and he is written up as blameless in most articles. I rank him well into the bottom 50% of NRL fullbacks and he is well behind who most of us rank our club number 1 fullback in Mead. Even second string fullbacks like Hiku would rate far above Zilly.
    The supporters generally all seem to think the same as most on this forum but he must have something on the journos at the Bully. It's got me beat. I even can't believe how lightly he got off after a half fit Johnson ran around him last game. You always know a fullback was left cold when he didn't even get near making an attempt and ending up on the ground. Barely a word in the papers though.

I saw it as...

Fired-up fullback gives Titans spark

Does anyone know our Win/Loss Ratio with Zillman out?

Not sure about anyone else but at half way through and only just out of the 8 - I have completely given up.
    We have no idea from the players to back of house. From the outside looking in it seems there is a massive lack of accountability and it seems to me the season is already lost.

Lets get Roberts in and see how he goes......

Where will they play Mead next game. Won't get fb, won't get right wing, has no idea about left centre only to be changed to right centre last minute.

Time to let him go Cartright, you are ruining a career
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Wrong, my friend ... he is ruining a club.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I saw it as...

Fired-up fullback gives Titans spark
    Yeah that was it. I couldn't believe that headline.
    It's great that Emma Greenwood writes positive articles, particularly after all the negative stuff that the idiots Rothfield and Wilson write in the Telegraph but who is feeding her this stuff. Zillman gets a lot of positive articles written for a player who shouldn't even be in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Where will they play Mead next game. Won't get fb, won't get right wing, has no idea about left centre only to be changed to right centre last minute.

Time to let him go Cartright, you are ruining a career
    sad but true....Carty tho will play him in the front row.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Wrong, my friend ... he is ruining a club.
    A club and a lot of fans faith ....or whatevers left ...

Banned

lot of negativity towards our chances in this game. lets hope the bye will give us that little bit extra to get over the line against the panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by titanslurker View Post
    lot of negativity towards our chances in this game. lets hope the bye will give us that little bit extra to get over the line against the panthers.
    Welcome. TL. Like you I hoe we do well however makes it hard to stay positive when our coach won't pick the best players on the right position. More so to pick Mead at Fullback.