Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default DRAGONS SACK PRICE: HENRY FAVOURITE FOR THE JOB

rugbyleagueweek.com.au

May 26, 2014530

St George Illawarra has moved to save its season by sacking head coach Steve Price this morning.

Assistant Paul McGregor has taken over, with immediate effect and flew out from Brisbane, where he was a member of the NSW coaching staff, to rejoin the Dragons today.

Price’s departure – as foreshadowed last week by The Mole – heads off further fan unrest, which spilled over into a small protest outside the Leagues Club after the Dragons lost six of their last seven games.

Price becomes the second SGI coach to be punted in-season, after David Waite in 2000.

Favourite to take over on a permanent basis is Titans’ assistant, Neil Henry.

Henry has extensive experience with both the Cowboys and Canberra, and as assistant coach of Queensland in Origin football.

Henry is a strong disciplinarian who will bring more structure to the Dragons.

More to come…
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 26-05-14 at 11:40 AM.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Bugger. Feared that this would happen.

If it worked for the Dragons can it work for us as I DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE NEIL HENRY.

The article seems to be more of an assumption than anything else. I can't see Henry just getting up and leaving so suddenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    If it worked for the Dragons can it work for us as I DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE NEIL HENRY.
    I have noticed a lot of people stating the above re: Henry. Henry has been our assistant coach for some time now, and I honestly have not seen any difference to our attacking structures or plays.

IMO, JCs position as head coach looks like it will not change because the club doesn't have the $$ for a pay-out.

We lose Neil Henry, we lose him. IMO, I have not seen any changes to our attacking performance, and am not sure how much we can attribute the Titans recent resilience in defence to him.

With injuries and SOO commitments to key players, I see our season over by the end of the origin period.

JC to be get a contract extension end of next season.

Every other club, every other damn club....
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Just read an article on price that says 37% win ratio is totally unacceptable we will swap Henry for price so carty job is safe

Hopefully Carty takes the Dragons job. ........... One can dream can't one???

I havn't noticed any improvement under Henry.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    I havn't noticed any improvement under Henry.
    I understand your point Teke however I wouldn't expect Neil Henry to show his hand if he thought that there was a chance to get the Titans gig. If he goes in hard and makes Carty look good then I would fear that we would see a contract extension for Carty again and Henry lost to our club.

It really pains me to say this (others have anyway) but it seems that we need a string of losses, including some bad ones, to sort this coaching situation out once and for all. Sad really.

Sheens to Dragons? Is it a possibility. Didn't him and Benji have a falling out? That'd be ironic.

Folkes for top job?

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Can people just stop suggesting names like Brian Smith for any coaching roles?

Read someone on Zerotackle comments saying Matt Elliot is looking for residence in Illiwara. Possible replacement??

This can only mean one thing...

A $50K upgrade to Cartwrights contract to stop him leaving!