Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    teke, what's the word for mead as a left centre? He gives up a bit in weight, but I'd think he would relish the chance to have a go there. Wrong side, but better than the wing. Doesn;t sound like Dave's too phased about it.
    He will be fine, he wont do as much running which will leave him more explosive, its on the better side for a right hander to pass. He has the defensive brain for the position, the mungrel on impact and a pt to prove, its his 100th game and he hasnt scored many tries this yr. which could equal some excitement.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Hurrell is a defence liability and Mead will show that ... this I am not woried about but I am certainly worried about Zillman ... WTF are our coaches thinking? Henry must be just bending over and begging to receive! In fact let's give his his title ... Neil Ben Dover .. FFS.
    Certainly true when Hurrell is unfit. I know this players game very well. What you are saying is supported by Hurrells right edge defensive stats as well , 2014 it's a bit blurry because even though the Warriors right edge has been the successful go to side....a lot of that has been without Hurell out there.

Still......your point stands. Consider that Hurrell historically struggles when he is not fully fit....this year he has only managed to be fit for two 80 minute games ( the last two ).

When Hurrells fit he is an excellent defender ( 2013 he averaged 16 tackles more than any Warriors back x 2 his miss stats were low as well once he built game fitness ).

As I say , in the air he has nothing. But this is like a round 3 game if we are talking Hurrell playing full minutes and tackling the whole time.

I would attack that edge too if I were the Titans , however if Hurrell is up to it.....I would use a strategy to keep it balanced with the Warriors Left edge which is a well known quantity with Manu's ten years of video scrutiny.

So Low Kicks at Manu...High Kicks at Hurrell / Locke.
    Last edited by Mt Smart; 22-05-14 at 06:27 PM.

Zillwoman had better hope that Mead doesn't "slide off" a tackle on Hurrell and lets him have a free run at our illustrious fullback.

Mead drops one bomb against the Broncos and loses his FB spot to the lovechild.

##### Cartwright. Maybe if the rest of our team played with a bit of structure then Mead could show his magic like he did on the Country team. Stop switching our f**king team around like this because it isn't going to change a thing. Zillman is not our saviour for christ's sake.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 23-05-14 at 02:47 AM.

yeah hiding Zillman infuriates me.

Did i read correctly that Carty stated Mead had work to do to improve defensively?

and moves Zillman, whose opposite scored 4 tries on him two weeks ago, and last week knocked himsef out tackling someone a short while into the game? Bulldust! Carty just protecting his golden child, who has been golden for so long we cant exactly remember what he did to become this protected species.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    yeah hiding Zillman infuriates me.

Did i read correctly that Carty stated Mead had work to do to improve defensively?

and moves Zillman, whose opposite scored 4 tries on him two weeks ago, and last week knocked himsef out tackling someone a short while into the game? Bulldust! Carty just protecting his golden child, who has been golden for so long we cant exactly remember what he did to become this protected species.
    Yes you did man. Ridiculous eh? Feel so bad for Meady..he was clearly shattered judging by his responses in that article.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Zillman is not our saviour for christ's sake.
    This is the thing that gets me the most, Cartwrights idea that somehow Zillion is going to grow an extra leg and start scoring triples. What does Cartwright honestly think Zillion is going to do? I'd just like to know what Cartwright honestly thinks is about to magically happen by consistently putting an under performing Zillman into the squad.

Zillman will be 28 in July.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Cowboys' Kalifa FaiFai Loa enjoying NRL journey

League Kiwi-born Tetevano accused of bashing partner Cowboys' Kalifa FaiFai Loa enjoying NRL journey Merrin backs Marshall to come good for Dragons Warriors forced to rotate with Johnson in doubt Knights' Alex McKinnon makes further progress Ferguson gets off-field coach job with Roosters Blocker Roach backs Woods to shine in Origin Canberra coach Ricky Stuart hit with $10K fine Daniel Tupou 'shocked' at his Origin selection Dumped Pearce could still have role with Blues

It could have been an awkward reunion with the coach who stunted his NRL career at North Queensland Cowboys, but Kalifa FaiFai Loa has no issue with Neil Henry also joining the Gold Coast Titans this season.

The pair left Townsville in contrasting circumstances - FaiFai Loa by choice and Henry reluctantly - at the end of last year, and although the Wellington-born wing has still battled for game time in 2014, there is no animosity towards John Cartwright's assistant.

FaiFai Loa made a superb start to his career at the Cowboys in 2011 when he scored 10 tries - many of them capped by an extravagant finish - in 22 appearances, yet he played only 13 games in his next two seasons as Henry preferred Ash Graham, Antonio Winterstein and Wayne Ulugia on the flanks.

"Everyone thinks it's his fault, but it's not," the 24-year-old told Fairfax Media ahead of his second game for the Titans - tomorrow's round 11 clash with the Warriors at CBUS Stadium.

"He actually gave me advice and stuff.

"I don't blame him for not playing me. If you're not happy somewhere, you can't play good footy."

The Cowboys seemed like an ideal fit for FaiFai Loa - who played two tests for the Kiwis against the Kangaroos at the end of 2011 - though even the prospect of playing in a backline with Johnathan Thurston and Brent Tate could not compensate for having to live in Far North Queensland.

"The boys were awesome . . . I don't know, I was just over everything. I was just sick of [Townsville].

"It's too hot to do anything there, you just stay at home with the aircon," he said.

FaiFai Loa was released last October and pondered a move to Super League before negotiating a one-season deal with the Titans.

"I thought I'd have one more go [in the NRL]," said FaiFai Loa, who was initially scouted by the Newcastle Knights after representing the New Zealand under-16s against Queensland.

He left Auckland at 17 to play SG Ball for the Knights, scored seven tries in 10 games for the under-20s in 2008 but then fell into the traps set for many young players.

A homesick FaiFai Loa was ejected from homestays for ill discipline - a drink driving conviction preceded his sacking so he headed home until St George Illawarra offered him a lifeline in 2009.

He recorded 29 tries in 45 games for the under-20s, made the NYC team of the year in 2010 and was handed a first grade debut at the end of that season.

However, salary cap pressure prompted a move to the Cowboys and although he re-signed at the end of 2011 for another two years he regretted the commitment while languishing in reserve grade and struggling with the climate.

FaiFai Loa also started this year in the Intrust Super Cup, though understandably following a sluggish start to the pre-season.

"I was thinking to myself what a waste of money it was bringing me here. I had forwards beating me at fitness," he said.

Fortunately since November he shed 7kg to weigh in at 94kg - that perseverance and performances for feeder club Tweed Heads eventually saw him debut for the Titans against Brisbane last Friday for an injured Kevin Gordon.

He will struggle to retain his place once Gordon's knee recovers but FaiFai Loa was relaxed as he plays for his future.

"It's like a journey for me. This journey's continuing."

Meanwhile, that process involves a return trip to the Townsville Magistrates Court, the jurisdiction handling his assault charge following an altercation during St Patrick's Day last year.

FaiFai Loa was charged after allegedly knocking a 50-year-old man unconscious outside a nightclub but was typically laid back regarding his predicament.

"The guy just wants money. He's trying to get 59 grand out of me. Wow. It should be good, it'll be alright." Fairfax NZ

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I read about John Cartwright here , and shiver about the time when most Warriors fans wished he was coaching us....

Still we had our Bluey Mclennan and Matty Elliot.

There are some crazy ' NRL epxerts' in NZ....the stuff we hear over here is on that level of incompetence.

Richie Barnett was asked on the Radio this morning who would slot into Six if iJohnson is out.

" I really don't know......Feleti ? "

" Lolohea ...oh yeah I forgot about him "

Richie Barnett is Kiwis Selector

The Same guy wants Greg Bird to play Five eight for New South wales

Warriors insider Sir Peter Leitch sent an Instagram Pic of the Warriors GPS units case.

Going by that.....reports that kevin Locke didn't train today look solid ( he is missing from the line up ) and David Fusitua is there instead.

So it is confirmed that Kelly is out and Blair is into 5/8. Lets hope he plays the house down. I may have to try and retrieve my vbookie bet now.....

I am actually excited about the new halves there's every chance of them throwing the game plan out the window and scoring 40 points

Quote Originally Posted by hatchy84 View Post
    I am actually excited about the new halves there's every chance of them throwing the game plan out the window and scoring 40 points
    40 points would be wonderful, but I am worried about how NZ has the wood on us recently (albeit, their two wins last season were totally dodgy).

With Cartys back line adjustments I will be surprised of we don't have a cricket score put on us.

I agree with Gotitans101 what the #### tis Carty thinking? To me it looks like that Carty is comfortable in putting Zilly before David Meads time at our club and and ignore the fact that Mead is in the Blues mind for FULLBACK not wing not centre!!!!!! Just like persisting playing Myles in the front row, he is a SECONDROWER CARTY for gods sake. Did he not win the SECONDROWER of the year award not two years ago. Oh FFS. AS Moley says "Heads or Tails" that's how it seems is how the selection decisions are made.