Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    It's fun to see who thumbs you down, I think Pete is my #1. Usually because I'm hanging crap on Manly or NSW.
    Oh well mate - you mentioned putting crap on NSW and Manly. So that's a thumbs down!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    What the f#%k drugs is Cartwrong on!!!!!!! seriously Zilly to FB and Mead to Centre. That will do me. !!!!!!!!!!!!! How typical of Cartwring to make multiple changes to cover one position. !!!!!!!!!!! Really that was his best way to cover for Kelly ..... Really? If Zilly really is the Total Package then Play him at Prop and make Bailey the half back that would make as much sense as his selection decision today.
    My missus and 16 year were just watching the Gold Coast Channel 9 news and they heard what Cartwright has done - I had not mentioned it to them. They both went crazy when they heard that Mead and Zillman had swapped positions and it's fair to say my missus knows little about footy.
    I just showed them your post and what you thought. If my missus picks up that it's a stupid decision well how can it be defendable. She just said it makes you feel like not going which is a big call for her because she likes going as it's one of the few things we do as a family.

Someone is that angry I fear Konrad may be headed back to nsw cup next week.

Mead will destroy him
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Someone is that angry I fear Konrad may be headed back to nsw cup next week.

Mead will destroy him
    How. The ball never gets that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Todd Balym reporting on twitter that Meady has been moved to centre with Zillman going back to fullback

Carty must've read my post this morning, and shifted the golden child to a less vunerable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    How. The ball never gets that far.
    im not talking about attack
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I can't make the game this weekend due to work commitments, so does anyone else want to wave the banner I made for the last home game?
    it reads :
    DAVID MEAD
    TITANS #1

Whisper that Kelly is out and Blair will play in his place. Looking for confirmation. Reasonably good source though.

- - - Updated - - -

NBN news is reporting that Blair likely in for Kelly. It says Mead will move to centres but not that Zillman will be moving to fullback only to accommodate his concussion. Does that mean Zilly is out or is he playing fullback with a headache?

- - - Updated - - -

Just had confirmation that it is Zilly to fullback. He must've scored those photos that Ben Jeffrey, Michael Henderson and Steve Michaels got hold of.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Whisper that Kelly is out and Blair will play in his place. Looking for confirmation. Reasonably good source though.

- - - Updated - - -

NBN news is reporting that Blair likely in for Kelly. It says Mead will move to centres but not that Zillman will be moving to fullback only to accommodate his concussion. Does that mean Zilly is out or is he playing fullback with a headache?

- - - Updated - - -

Just had confirmation that it is Zilly to fullback. He must've scored those photos that Ben Jeffrey, Michael Henderson and Steve Michaels got hold of.
    I was just thinking that Zilly must have those photos there is no other explanation for picking Henderson sorry I mean Zilly. This is just one of the many mind numbing selections that Cartwrong makes and if Zilly is being moved to Fullback for some protection to concussion then DON'T PLAY HIM!!!!!!!!Its really that simple and not rocket science. 1 player is out and we make 4 changes now that's 2013 Vintage Cartwright right there.

I wonder if Kelly being out was the catalyst for the move. Perhaps Zillman wouldn't have played and Blair would've come in to left centre. One of the issues he would've tussled with was whether Roberts and Tighe have adequately recovered from injury. We really have a new look side for this round. Kind of exciting despite the whole Zillman thing.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Gold Coast’s David Mead has been shifted to centre for the Titans clash against the Warriors
    from couriermail.com.au

Gold Coast’s David Mead, dumped from fullback for William Zillman in his 100th NRL game, has been shifted to a centre position he has rarely played in to oppose New Zealand giant Konrad Hurrell at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday night.

If the NRL media guide is to be believed, 92kg Mead gives away 10kg to Hurrell and both are the same height.

Reality would suggest the 22-year-old Warriors star may have trimmed a few kilos off his actual weight for the sake of publication because he is nothing short of a beast in full flight.

“I wonder why everyone keeps telling me that,” Mead said when Hurrell’s name was brought up.

“Obviously he is a great player, massive, he loves breaking tackles and running over people so I’ve got a big job.”

Two weeks ago Hurrell made headlines for a sex tape leaked on the internet but for rugby league defenders the real R-rated video is of him destroying Canberra later that week where he amassed four line breaks, 14 tackle busts and 222 metres from 14 runs.

Mead knows when it comes to Hurrell he must cut him down before he gathers a full head of steam.

“Don’t give him too much time to run up,” Mead said.

“I think that is mainly where opposition get into trouble, giving him time to run. We just have to look to shut that down.’’

The decision to shift Mead from fullback, where has thrived for several weeks and starred for NSW Country, is a big call by coach John Cartwright and an obvious bid to spark Zillman back to life.

Zillman will be Titans captain this week but has struggled to inject himself at centre since returning from a hamstring injury the past two weeks so Cartwright has rolled the dice with a selection gamble.

Mead has copped the positional change on the chin and is excited to reach his 100 NRL game milestone at home on Saturday.

“I never thought I would get to 100 so it’s a massive honour for me,” Mead said.

“Growing up as a kid I wanted to play a couple of NRL games just to tell everyone I played in the game but to reach 100 is pretty special.”

NRL chief executive Dave Smith attended a Titans board meeting yesterday and gave the club’s new off-field direction, including a new board structure, his seal of approval.

“All the indicators are very positive,” Smith said. “There are always opportunities but the board are well ahead.’’

that article has made me even more frustrated

Tell me about it HS. I'm seething.

Gotta feel for Meady, couldn't have done much more to cement that spot as his own, and now he's left not sure of his actual position in the team yet again (is he a centre moving forward now?).

The decision has left me confused in so many ways. Would I be satisfied if Zillman had a shocker? Do I want to see Mead's edge leak 50 points - as such a bad coaching decision deserves? (no to both of course ... but damn)

I guess in retrospect, this was all inevitable though, and I will have to suck it up, and get used to it, as Zillman and Carty are here for the long haul.

Trust me the left side wont leak pts, Im tipping ole mate to shut down the Beast and give it back to him 10 fold.

With Blair feeding the left side and Henry feeding the right we are in with a decent chance.

The more times Taylor and Mead get the ball the better.

Hail Sezer man up and change your name to Hail Zillman !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    Agree. Shows that Cartwight is willing to put Zillys career before Meads.
    Shows that Cartwright will put Zillys career before the entire Titans franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, if Titans win this (which they should), Cartwright will be lauded for his decision making.

If the Titans lose, we were decimated by injury, they played "courageous", blah blah blah.

Either way, Cartwirght and Zillman will be in no immediate threat of not seeing out there 5 year contracts in first grade.

ps, I don't blame Zillman for Cartwirghts man-love for him.

Yeah well, cant see us winning another game all season
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).