Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Yep confirmed, Zilly goes to fullback,

Hail Sezer must now swap his name to Hail Zillman as we all witnessed it here on the forum
    He has to be trolling us all along. That is a ridiculous move. Our club is not a club of merit.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Meads expiry date has been activated, that I am pleased about
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

What the f#%k drugs is Cartwrong on!!!!!!! seriously Zilly to FB and Mead to Centre. That will do me. !!!!!!!!!!!!! How typical of Cartwring to make multiple changes to cover one position. !!!!!!!!!!! Really that was his best way to cover for Kelly ..... Really? If Zilly really is the Total Package then Play him at Prop and make Bailey the half back that would make as much sense as his selection decision today.

Lolohea to travel with the Team in as cover for Shaun Johnson with a minor injury....didn't train today :

https://nz.sports.yahoo.com/league/n...ohnson-injury/

Lolohea is very young , An exciting prospect but not at the level to have an NRL debut I would say.

There is every likelyhood ( if Johnsons out ) that the Warriors will rejig to use Tomkins in the halves.

In that scenario my best guess is this :

1. Locke
    2. Laumape
    3. Hurrell
    4. Ben Henry
    5. Vatuvei
    6. Tomkins
    7. Townsend ( ignore the numbers Tomkins plays right side / Townsend Left
    8. Matangi
    9. Friend
    10. Lillyman
    11. Bukuya
    12. Matulino
    13. Mannering

!4. Havili ( Hooker / bench impact )
    15. Peteru ( Prop on debut 18th man this week I won't be suprised to see him and not Lolohea in the 17)
    16. Ikahihifo ( plays Lock off the bench )
    17. Mateo

On the face of it you would think a straight swap for Lolohea / Johnson would be more straight forward.....however the suggested team I've listed is basically what McFadden was running with prior to switching Four players around for the Titans game.....so less swapping involved than what was planned.

- - - Updated - - -

Why you guys thumbs down my Tomkins comment, you have utterly destroyed my chance of going 100-0 of thumb ups

Tomkins has been returning the footy like a wooly woofter and when he gets caught, its like watching me rag doll Hail Sezer with my thumb and fore finger.

I demand a re-trial

PS - There is every chance Titans could play him into God-Mode form this weekend
    Agreed , Tomkins is not the player you want returning the footy. At Wigan he had aware Wingers like Charnley to create an overlap with from his end of the field.

There are a couple of reasons it's not happening in the NRL ( apart from the structure of NRL defence ) , Tomkins has lost his speed ( according to most Wigan Fans ) from Injury....his electric high speed runs on youtube are pre his injury.

What I've noticed is some of that speed is coming back this year. So yeah Tomkins can't drift across a straight Kick chase line like he's used to being able to, thereafter he would throw a pass to someone like Charnley. Without that speed he can't turn on an overlap on a dime.

Tomkins has been quality for us , I'm pretty happy with the way he is improving / adjusting to the NRL...he uses his ball skills and Vision more at the Warriors and really that's what we need more than another back with Power or outright speed.
    Last edited by Mt Smart; 21-05-14 at 01:46 PM.

Cheers Mt Smart, thanks for the update, Johnson would be a big loss to the warriors he is a key member of there side and a lot of their attack centres around him.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Cheers Mt Smart, thanks for the update, Johnson would be a big loss to the warriors he is a key member of there side and a lot of their attack centres around him.
    No worries. Sure is the key spine player for the Warriors.

Chad Townsend has been indifferent so far so you wouldn't want him left to direct the attack with an Under 20's player in Lolohea.

Johnson leads the Try assists , Field kicking , surprisingly this year he has been a strong defender.

Lolohea isn't old enough to direct the NSW cup side around ( he was promoted to NSW cup last year under Matt Elliot....one of the best coaching strategies in the History of the Warriors....Elliot was not all bad for us ). He can play though , with ball in hand he's as elusive as Johnson , almost as quick.

But when you stack it all up I think it would be a big risk , when really the reason Tomkins cost so much money is exactly this sort of scenario....a top stand off option....two for the price of one type player.

You better be lying or you're gonna get a big f'n thumbs down
    Someone already did.

Cant even describe how mad I am at this selection.

Losing Johnson won't bother the Warriors just means Friendy will play 80 minutes which won't faze him.....

The Zillman debacle is a joke it shows that Cartwright doesn't want the "TP" to be Hurrell's doormat ..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Losing Johnson won't bother the Warriors just means Friendy will play 80 minutes which won't faze him.....

The Zillman debacle is a joke it shows that Cartwright doesn't want the "TP" to be Hurrell's doormat ..
    Agree. Shows that Cartwight is willing to put Zillys career before Meads.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Someone already did.

Cant even describe how mad I am at this selection.
    It was me mate, the thumbs down wasn't for the post but the ******ed decision to move Zillwoman back to FB

Is there anywhere online that we can verify this or is this the "inside word"? I wanted to see it on the FB page so I could slam it but no joy. This is also Meads 100th game........... Does he dislike Mead that much he would move him in a milestone game?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titans View Post
    What the f#%k drugs is Cartwrong on!!!!!!! seriously Zilly to FB and Mead to Centre. That will do me. !!!!!!!!!!!!! How typical of Cartwring to make multiple changes to cover one position. !!!!!!!!!!! Really that was his best way to cover for Kelly ..... Really? If Zilly really is the Total Package then Play him at Prop and make Bailey the half back that would make as much sense as his selection decision today.
    I somehow get the idea you don't like this decision.
    Someone mentioned at the start of the year that they hoped the Titans lost a stack of early games so it would put pressure on Cartwright. I felt that was a bit disloyal and disagreed, although I knew where the poster was coming from. Our easy draw and early scrappy wins took the heat off but I am (rapidly) coming around to the view that we will most likely miss the 8 anyway so every defeat from here might put the pressure on the coach. I am really over it.
    I digress a little but I watch just about every game. I always note that when the Titans get a penalty within say 20 metres of the opposition line our first play is just a tap and a half paced one off hit up. Just a waste of one tackle and it's like that's the plan and that is what we must do. On the weekend I made a point of watching what other sides do in the same position. Almost without exception other sides used it as a tackle with some intent to scatter defence and just about all passed it through at least three players. Some teams even spread it wide on this play. Just useless what we do and you can tell we are coached by a front row forward.
    How I wish for a return to the performance we put on against the Storm, although I still can't work out where that came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Someone mentioned at the start of the year that they hoped the Titans lost a stack of early games so it would put pressure on Cartwright.
    That was me. I am over the way we play, it's amateur hour stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    How I wish for a return to the performance we put on against the Storm, although I still can't work out where that came from.
    We had Blair at 5/8 and he had the balls to tell players where to stand and run in attack.

On side note :

I've just updated my web browser and my eye sights going , I may have clicked thumbs down by accident with peoples posts !

The old Browser had those tabs in black and white ....it's pretty clear what's what when they're in green and Red ! I should have red my email when the site was last altered. Disregard if this was the case.
    Last edited by Mt Smart; 21-05-14 at 04:49 PM.

It's fun to see who thumbs you down, I think Pete is my #1. Usually because I'm hanging crap on Manly or NSW.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER