Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    The Zillman love-fest is out of control.
    Nice guys always finish first.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Why you guys thumbs down my Tomkins comment, you have utterly destroyed my chance of going 100-0 of thumb ups

Tomkins has been returning the footy like a wooly woofter and when he gets caught, its like watching me rag doll Hail Sezer with my thumb and fore finger.

I demand a re-trial

PS - There is every chance Titans could play him into God-Mode form this weekend
    I agree with you mate about Tomkins. he looks weak running into the line, gets rag dolled everytime. He will be off to Union next year
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

I don't think the nick 'Total Package' is working out too well for Mr Zillman anymore. Maybe change it to 'Speed Bump' might be a little more accurate. As this weekend he's going to get carved up, a team with some nous would be running at him all day long..

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    You say he is a great player but then think it might be best if he gets run down!
    Great as in he does some great things, but not one of the greats, if you know what I mean. Alby is great, Mead is great at FB, Don is great under the high ball, that sort of thing. But the thing is, it's been a while since Zillman was great at anythig. Like about 2009. Now we sometimes get flashes of very good. It's too few and far between for him these days.

Carter is great.
    Obviously he will be Harro's replacement in 2015 (assuming he is signed up) so he will be getting all the minutes he wants then, and he should be getting 80 minutes while Harro is out anyway.

**edit** Carter is signed for 2015, so I assume he will be signed beyond this and be our long term lock.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 21-05-14 at 06:22 AM. Reason: **edit**

image.jpg

Weather is looking ok.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    image.jpg

Weather is looking ok.
    looks like a Wellington summer

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2gordon View Post
    Has Taka been stealing your lunch money or something mate? Why the hate? I remember you calling him pea hearted a few weeks back? Unless it's a personal beef, seems like mis-placed frustration to me, as he is not even nearly the teams biggest problem. While he hasn't been anywhere near on fire for us, he's hardly been a liability like Zillman and Minichello have been.

Zillman strolling back into the team after a significant time off the paddock, into a starting spot for a position we almost exclusively spent money on to bolster over the off-season, was a big enough joke in itself. To see him waltz back into the team again this week after his epic fail against the broncos (I won't give him grief about the tackle technique which saw him layed out ... but watching him STILL manage to mis-time runs into open holes is excruciating), even though there are fit blokes under him who deserve the spot more, weather through form, fitness or potential (Blair, Tighe and arguably Roberts) is beyond a joke, yet no less laughable. Seeing him given the captaincy on top of this!! wow.... the joint is an absolute mad-house.

I know we're thin on available captain candidates this week, and for all i know Zillman commands a huge amount of respect from the boys and reff's alike ... but i don't see it. His leadership skills and ability to read the game is an absolute myth as far as I can tell. I know there are at least five other blokes named in the squad I'd rather run behind - and nimud, you'd be happy to know Taka is not one of them!

Glad to see Carter retained as starting lock - rookie of the year? I hope Douglas got a rocket over the crucial errors he's made in the last two games, because he's had flashes of excellence during both, and just needs to hold the ball. I'm glad Srama is being given an extended time to get back to speed, he is still our best hooker imo. Falloon and Mead have both looked tired since their rep games, hope they're not already thinking about the bye next week. Ridge is an interesting selection, as he is really the forgotten man in our team. I hope he has a blinder and reminds us all of how good he can be.
    Well, I'm entitled to my view, and my view is he was signed as a backrower. Backrowers are meant to take the ball up hard and play tough. Taka does neither. He's played the way he is meant to play (ie having a go) once.

I am used to watching Mini drop the ball, but at least Mini plays his guts out every game.

The criticism of Zillman by fans is justified, because he is an ordinary player in a key position who does not make an impact in the game, yet still gets picked.

Looking forward to James Roberts playing grade. He's such a good player. Just got to keep him off the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    Well, I'm entitled to my view, and my view is he was signed as a backrower. Backrowers are meant to take the ball up hard and play tough. Taka does neither. He's played the way he is meant to play (ie having a go) once.

I am used to watching Mini drop the ball, but at least Mini plays his guts out every game.

The criticism of Zillman by fans is justified, because he is an ordinary player in a key position who does not make an impact in the game, yet still gets picked.

Looking forward to James Roberts playing grade. He's such a good player. Just got to keep him off the drink.
    I agree with you totally in regard to Taka. I think he would be much better in his natural position in the forwards. I find him very slow as a centre, whereas I think he could be top performing backrower if he was allowed to play there.

Takairangi should be our utility coming off the bench instead of this ridiculous hooker rotation. He can strike and offload, given that now he has to wait for the limited opportunities that may come his way.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Todd Balym reporting on twitter that Meady has been moved to centre with Zillman going back to fullback

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Todd Balym reporting on twitter that Meady has been moved to centre with Zillman going back to fullback

nnooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

You better be lying or you're gonna get a big f'n thumbs down
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Yep confirmed, Zilly goes to fullback,

Hail Sezer must now swap his name to Hail Zillman as we all witnessed it here on the forum
    Last edited by teke; 21-05-14 at 12:53 PM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    image.jpg

Weather is looking ok.
    That's a pretty good forecast. I wonder if the sunny weather may actually detract people from the game? Certainly looks like beach weather to me. Won't be too many Saturdays over the next few months that are sunny and 26 degrees.

if people plan to go to the footy, they will likely go. Rain destroys plans. While sunny weather has a far far softer effect and probably more on the fringes of the fanbase. So I fear rain.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER