Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

The Zillman love-fest is out of control.

The weird thing is, I used to really like William Zillman, still think he is a great player and a nice guy, but Cartwright is making me hate having Zillman in the team!

Let it go Carty, he just isn't the best man for the job in ANY position in the team ATM.

Best thing that can happen is Z-man gets run over again early, and we try our best a man down. Sadly, this is the only way to get the best players on the paddock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kickit2gordon View Post
    Falloon is all effort, but Srama is a much more dangerous player, hopefully one of them starts dominating matches, and demands 80mins.
    I think saying Srama is a "much more dangerous player" is a tad over-dramatic. But I agree one of them has to stand up and be "the man". Not sure using every game as a trial game is the way to go about it though. At some point someone needs to choose one or the other, and the game plan needs to build around it. I've said before, i don't really care who, but make a decision either way.

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Who's the third hooker?
    Carter should be coming off the bench, learning his trade and backing up the hooking position when needed ... this throwing people into the fire will bite us on the butt very shortly and against the bigger packs especially. Our bench isn't winning us games.

In his two appearances so far this year - Srama has looked desperately short of a run, which is why I'm looking forward to him getting more game time this week, and hopefully every game following. Not sure what this says about falloon though - because there has not been that much difference in their service or impact over the same period. Falloon is all effort, but Srama is a much more dangerous player, hopefully one of them starts dominating matches, and demands 80mins.
    NRL is not the place to do this as has been demonstrated how many times?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Zillman will need to watch a replay on Sunday morning to realise he was belted by Hurrell again & again

Bailey should be Captain in this weak team..
    This on both counts.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 SAM TOMKINS

2 KEVIN LOCKE

3 KONRAD HURRELL

4 NGANI LAUMAPE

5 MANU VATUVEI

6 CHAD TOWNSEND

7 SHAUN JOHNSON

8 JACOB LILLYMAN

9 NATHAN FRIEND

10 BEN MATULINO

11 JAYSON BUKUYA

12 BEN HENRY

13 SIMON MANNERING (c)

Interchange:

14 SILIVA HAVILI

15 SUAIA MATAGI

16 FELETI MATEO

17 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO

18 NATHANIEL PETERU

HEAD COACH: ANDREW McFADDEN
    #itaintweaktospeak

Friend, Tomkins and Johnson. That's worth the price of admission.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Hi guys it's that time of the year again !

Congratulations on the season so far it's been a real pleasure to see the Titans holding in the eight and spending time at the top of the table.

Most Warriors fans are happy with our line up this week , Sam Rapira is out injured as are Looloeye and Fish. Dane Nielson has dropped off the Radar , it'sa bit of a bonus for us that Lilyman didn't make Origin , he's been playing well to be fair.

Friendy got a one year extension for 2015 last week , I'm pleased for him he deserves it , up and comer 'one test' rep Savila Havili might get to play Hooker in the NRL finally ( he has had one game so far , but Friend still played the dummy half for 80 in that game ).

We're on about -8 for and against and needing two wins in a row to get to a 50/50 ratio. Since McFadden has taken over the teams showing promising signs in terms of hanging tough for eighty minutes....poor execution has meant McFadden has a 2/5 win ratio.

I've written this season off as a rebuild this year, as such i won't be disappointed with a Warriors loss....really what this club needs is an 80 minute culture.....that will take a couple of years to build....so a loss with pride this weekend will do me.

Welcome back Mt Smart , I'm going to see Friendy & Mannering on Friday @ their last training session @ Burleigh & will try & slip them both some laxettes

Good luck mate your boys look to have finally got themselves a real no nonsense coach, if u want to swap anytime give me a hoy
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Mt Smart View Post
    Hi guys it's that time of the year again !

Congratulations on the season so far it's been a real pleasure to see the Titans holding in the eight and spending time at the top of the table.

Most Warriors fans are happy with our line up this week , Sam Rapira is out injured as are Looloeye and Fish. Dane Nielson has dropped off the Radar , it'sa bit of a bonus for us that Lilyman didn't make Origin , he's been playing well to be fair.

Friendy got a one year extension for 2015 last week , I'm pleased for him he deserves it , up and comer 'one test' rep Savila Havili might get to play Hooker in the NRL finally ( he has had one game so far , but Friend still played the dummy half for 80 in that game ).

We're on about -8 for and against and needing two wins in a row to get to a 50/50 ratio. Since McFadden has taken over the teams showing promising signs in terms of hanging tough for eighty minutes....poor execution has meant McFadden has a 2/5 win ratio.

I've written this season off as a rebuild this year, as such i won't be disappointed with a Warriors loss....really what this club needs is an 80 minute culture.....that will take a couple of years to build....so a loss with pride this weekend will do me.
    You are great value Mt Smart and a real credit to your club. If only more rival fans would visit other team forums. Your special insight really adds to the discussion and speculation.

Zillman will need to watch a replay on Sunday morning to realise he was belted by Hurrell again & again

Bailey should be Captain in this weak team..
    Absolutely in terms of leading by example, the only downside with Bailey as captain would be the quick tap attempts for every penalty...
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

10 rods in and I think Searle was right. Tomkins looks very weak for the nrl ATM
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Welcome back Mt Smart , I'm going to see Friendy & Mannering on Friday @ their last training session @ Burleigh & will try & slip them both some laxettes

Good luck mate your boys look to have finally got themselves a real no nonsense coach, if u want to swap anytime give me a hoy
    haha good plan losing those two would be the Warriors backbone gone.....McFaddens made a big difference....mainly in the attitudes about the place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    You are great value Mt Smart and a real credit to your club. If only more rival fans would visit other team forums. Your special insight really adds to the discussion and speculation.
    Cheers Diehard , sadly there are only so many forums worth revisiting this is certainly one of them. The press coverage posted here during the Rugby League world cup was without peer in the forum world.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Carter should be coming off the bench, learning his trade and backing up the hooking position when needed ... this throwing people into the fire will bite us on the butt very shortly and against the bigger packs especially. Our bench isn't winning us games.
    Respect your opinion Titanic, so no disrespect intended.
    I agree that ideally, Carter should be coming off the bench, but under the current circumstances (injuries, origin, suspensions) him starting is necessary. Also, considering his performances this season so far, it's hardly throwing him into the fire - and even if it was, it's origin time, every team is throwing young guys in and hoping for the best. Part and parcel of the season. Also, I agree with the theory of learning one's trade off the bench, but as far as young Carter goes, his 'trade' is in the second row. He has never, is not and will never be a legitimate hooking option beyond a stop gap/last resort for when injuries strike. I also agree that our bench isn't winning us games, but neither are our starting 13. Carter is destined for a bench second row (pushing for a starting) spot over the coming seasons; playing him out of position is throwing him under a bigger bus than starting him in his natural position is.

One of the biggest problems with our squad is that it's full of players who fall under the 'jack of all trades, master of none' banner, which is ultimately a failure of the coaching structures. I'm all for letting the kid learn his trade - but let him master his preferred one, before 'expanding his game.'

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    NRL is not the place to do this as has been demonstrated how many times?
    So should Kelly have a week in Qcup this week? What about Bird once he is available? Obviously very different circumstances, but the point is - bringing players in under-done is sometimes a necessary evil. The greater point i was making in my last post there was that despite Srama being short of a gallop - his performance was pretty much on par with falloon's, which says far more about the latter than it does the former.

All of that said, I'm looking forward to this game. I think there will be plenty of points in it (for better or worse). Should be exciting. I fear our customary slide out of the eight has already begun, so I'll be looking for our make-shift spine to really kick it up a notch if we're any chance of snaring a long-time coming finals appearance... however brief it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    The Zillman love-fest is out of control.

The weird thing is, I used to really like William Zillman, still think he is a great player and a nice guy, but Cartwright is making me hate having Zillman in the team!

Let it go Carty, he just isn't the best man for the job in ANY position in the team ATM.

Best thing that can happen is Z-man gets run over again early, and we try our best a man down. Sadly, this is the only way to get the best players on the paddock.
    Wow some interesting comments there C-Whiz about Zillman. You say he is a great player but then think it might be best if he gets run down! I couldn't say that Zilly has ever been in the great category.
    I think Zilly's best chance to score this weekend is to go on a romantic drive with Conrad Hurrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Wow some interesting comments there C-Whiz about Zillman. You say he is a great player but then think it might be best if he gets run down! I couldn't say that Zilly has ever been in the great category.
    I think Zilly's best chance to score this weekend is to go on a romantic drive with Conrad Hurrell.
    Hurrell will make Zilly his B###h!!!!

Why you guys thumbs down my Tomkins comment, you have utterly destroyed my chance of going 100-0 of thumb ups

Tomkins has been returning the footy like a wooly woofter and when he gets caught, its like watching me rag doll Hail Sezer with my thumb and fore finger.

I demand a re-trial

PS - There is every chance Titans could play him into God-Mode form this weekend
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]