Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    im only watching the replay now
    I'm waiting for the Missus to finish watching Master Chef so i can watch the rest of it. Only got through about 10 minutes this morning.

No spoilers!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Anyway, if Mead goes, so does my membership too.
    Quick disclaimer...
    If Mead goes because he is forced out, I go with him.

If he chooses to move forward to another club to advance his career, and it's amicable between him and the club, then I have no issue with that. Just would hate to lose fan favourites over internal politics.

Quick disclaimer...
    If Mead goes because he is forced out, I go with him.

If he chooses to move forward to another club to advance his career, and it's amicable between him and the club, then I have no issue with that. Just would hate to lose fan favourites over internal politics.
    But But But how could the club justify losing someone who still has his best in front of him and yet we sign all these other nuffies of dubious quality.
    If the club let him go "amicably" I would wonder what the hell is going on. I know what point you are trying to make but if he leaves......fark.
    I hated the way Hasler left Manly but by Christ I wish he was up here now. He wouldn't be copping any of this crap.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 25-05-14 at 07:51 PM.

Rep Player

It would seem you must have missed most of it, but you saw fit to give me my first thumbs down for it anyway.

It had to happen sooner or later, just disappointed it happened from someone defending someone like CSF.

- - - Updated - - -

My feelings exactly.

All last season I was trying to stay neutral on the Cartwright thing, and stay positive on the whole Titans thing, but it feels like it's an uphill battle with the club to see the best team on the field in the best positions with the best coach training them for the best outcomes over 80 minutes.

We now have Annersley, apparently an "independant board" and an assistant coach who we have seen glimpses of in a few games where we played exciting, winning football, and we did it with mead at FB. Then Zillman came back, straight into the team at the open and honest admission from Cartwright that he would be in the team "no matter what", and all hope is lost that we are seeing the best team the Titans can be.

It's not lost on me, and probably others, that the fact that this forum is so pro-Mead and anti-Zillman, which appears to be the exact opposite of everything Cartwright wants, then it is quite possible we are actually hurting Mead's chance of promotion within the team.

Anyway, if Mead goes, so does my membership too.

I agree 100%. I can no longer stay neutral on Cartwright. By all accounts a great bloke and well liked coach by the players but I have zero confidence in him. My biggest issues stems from the BEST 17 players taking the field each week in their BEST position. Im sorry to harp on about Zillman but look at this week. You cannot tell me Zillman was put to fullback because he was the best in that position or was it because the last 2 weeks he has show vulnerability in his defense in the centres? You cant heap the loss on him but he was 0/2 for stopping tries that I honestly think Mead would of stopped. Henry seems to be having a positive influence on the guys and you can see it coming through at times in play. I will continue to be a member of this club but after years of poor decisions each year makes me think that little bit longer about renewing.

Agree with above.

I feel horrible saying this but it's at the point where i'm almost fine with losing as long as it means that Carty will be closer to getting the sack. Just gotta bite the bullet and look to the post-cartwright era.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    You cant heap the loss on him but he was 0/2 for stopping tries that I honestly think Mead would of stopped.
    Mate I would have been happy if Zillman put a finger on Johnson when he scored, just a bloody finger. But no, he was lapped. I agree that Mead would have at least had the speed to attempt a tackle.

Carty in the press conference: The limited amount of opportunities we had we weren't smart enough.

well duh. Story of the last few years.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 26-05-14 at 12:41 PM.

Warriors Sam Tomkins fined for public urination

Warriors fullback Sam Tomkins has been fined for urinating in public following Saturday's win against the Titans on the Gold Coast.

Tomkins and his teammates were out celebrating the 24-16 victory in the early hours of Sunday morning when the incident occurred, resulting in a $110 spot fine by local police.

The Warriors launched an investigation after being made aware of the incident, which Tomkins admitted was an "error in judgement".

The 25-year-old has also been handed a $2000 fine by the club.

"He knows this kind of behaviour is unacceptable," says Warriors general manager Dean Bell.

"I'm disappointed in myself," Tomkins said in a statement.

"I thought I was in a secluded spot but realise I still made a poor decision."

Bell said the matter had been dealt with and no further action would be taken.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Mate I would have been happy if Zillman put a finger on Johnson when he scored, just a bloody finger. But no, he was lapped. I agree that Mead would have at least had the speed to attempt a tackle.
    Mead would not have waited for him to step but rushed up to smash him as he should ... if Johnson had stepped he would have at least got a shot at his head.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Agree with above.

I feel horrible saying this but it's at the point where i'm almost fine with losing as long as it means that Carty will be closer to getting the sack. Just gotta bite the bullet and look to the post-cartwright era.
    Mate I'm the same at times. I want us to do well but not at the risk of having Cartwright longer. I guess can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Warriors Sam Tomkins fined for public urination

Warriors fullback Sam Tomkins has been fined for urinating in public following Saturday's win against the Titans on the Gold Coast.

Tomkins and his teammates were out celebrating the 24-16 victory in the early hours of Sunday morning when the incident occurred, resulting in a $110 spot fine by local police.

The Warriors launched an investigation after being made aware of the incident, which Tomkins admitted was an "error in judgement".

The 25-year-old has also been handed a $2000 fine by the club.

"He knows this kind of behaviour is unacceptable," says Warriors general manager Dean Bell.

"I'm disappointed in myself," Tomkins said in a statement.

"I thought I was in a secluded spot but realise I still made a poor decision."

Bell said the matter had been dealt with and no further action would be taken.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/
    A mate of mines son was working security at the Blues on Broadbeach on Saturday night/Sunday morning & saw Tomkins & Mateo leaving a nightclub @ 5am yelling out "Who wants to Fight a Warrior",,,,Mateo maybe but as we have read Tomkins just Pissed Himself
    #itaintweaktospeak

That was the poorest excuse for a football game I've watched live ever. As most of you know I'm not a rugby league player but I watch most games across the weekend and joy playing fantasy(maybe a Little to much ) and that made me not want to watch another titans game live ever. I have not watched a game live since the titans played the warriors in the finals a few seasons back and I will not be watching another one until our coach is gone. The game was boring and our attack was like watching a game of lawn bowls :/ boring as bat ****. The under 6 soccer team I coach has better strict ion then we do . As someone who has supported the titans from day one and someone who is part of the younger generations, who the titans should be trying there hardest to get in board. I was so disappointed. And to add to that the atmosphere was atrocious.

If winning isn't everything, then why do they keep score?