Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

I know some will get upset but i think Blair in the halves looks better then Sezer atm.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    I know some will get upset but i think Blair in the halves looks better then Sezer atm.
    No one who had the teams best interest at heart should be upset. Blair has played twice, and we looked a far more dangerous side both times, including last night where we should have been at thousands to win with half of our team out, including both halves, both captains.

The he key is for the coaches to determine why Blair is a better for then use it to improve sezers development.

I might be on the outer here, but it makes no sense to me to say we are riddled with injuries, how can we win, when we seem to generally be in agreeance that injuries actually force Cartwright to field a stronger team.

Blair at 5/8, Mead at FB (I know, I know), Carter starting, playing 80 mins. The issue isn't the injuries (apart from Alby, and I know we were down Bird and Myles), the issue is Cartwirght changing players around to field the players who probably shouldn't be there in the first place.

Does anyone know (teke?) if the team trained with Mead at left centre all week, or was this just part of Cartwrights smoke and mirrors shenanigans putting the wrong numbers on everyones backs?

ps, i am just about to watch the replay.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I might be on the outer here, but it makes no sense to me to say we are riddled with injuries, how can we win, when we seem to generally be in agreeance that injuries actually force Cartwright to field a stronger team.

Blair at 5/8, Mead at FB (I know, I know), Carter starting, playing 80 mins. The issue isn't the injuries (apart from Alby, and I know we were down Bird and Myles), the issue is Cartwirght changing players around to field the players who probably shouldn't be there in the first place.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post

Does anyone know (teke?) if the team trained with Mead at left centre all week, or was this just part of Cartwrights smoke and mirrors shenanigans putting the wrong numbers on everyones backs?

ps, i am just about to watch the replay.
    yes he trained left centre all week only to be told he is playing right at the last minute.

He seemingly doesn't have a position in the team anymore and what happens to those that don't have a position?

Well we could find out before June 30
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

What are tthouhts on zilly forward pass in the first couple of mins I didn't think it was forward out of his hands was anyone sitting in line with it and was it forward

Rep Player

Once again another game goes missing. We showed some heart and were some great positives to take away (DT and Bailey) but even though we are severely undermanned I still think we could of won that game. No idea why Zillman was put to fullback. This game showed again he is a) too slow once again cannot cover enough grown at fullback and b) too weak to stop anyone heading over the line. As others have said KFFL back to Q Cup and Roberts in if he is ready.

In the end though this game proved we have a potentially great team when we have everyone fit and on board. Our biggest key is still to get that 1 or 2 superstars in the backline to make as a premiership threat. I think if we can come through the origin period unscathed and whoever is to partner kelly gets a semi decent combination going we can make the finals

Our squad is so transparent … we only have so many players and their skills are well debated so why can't we just put what we have on the field, replace injuries with players who play that position and get busy with coaching the team how to attack and defend? How friggin' difficult is this?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    yes he trained left centre all week only to be told he is playing right at the last minute.

He seemingly doesn't have a position in the team anymore and what happens to those that don't have a position?

Well we could find out before June 30
    If Meady gets a release then I'll be asking for one too
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I will be ringing the Titans every day asking for my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    In the end though this game proved we have a potentially great team when we have everyone fit and on board. Our biggest key is still to get that 1 or 2 superstars in the backline to make as a premiership threat.
    In my opinion we cannot win anything with the people we usually have in the 1,6,7,9 positions. They all rank 8th or worse in the respective positions and we need the 1 or 2 superstars in those spots. My comments of course are based on how they play at the moment - different coach and who knows how good they might be. Zilly excluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Not sure the history of this but to a casual observer the attacks on the comment seem unwarranted. Have I missed something?
    It would seem you must have missed most of it, but you saw fit to give me my first thumbs down for it anyway.

It had to happen sooner or later, just disappointed it happened from someone defending someone like CSF.

- - - Updated - - -

My feelings exactly.

All last season I was trying to stay neutral on the Cartwright thing, and stay positive on the whole Titans thing, but it feels like it's an uphill battle with the club to see the best team on the field in the best positions with the best coach training them for the best outcomes over 80 minutes.

We now have Annersley, apparently an "independant board" and an assistant coach who we have seen glimpses of in a few games where we played exciting, winning football, and we did it with mead at FB. Then Zillman came back, straight into the team at the open and honest admission from Cartwright that he would be in the team "no matter what", and all hope is lost that we are seeing the best team the Titans can be.

It's not lost on me, and probably others, that the fact that this forum is so pro-Mead and anti-Zillman, which appears to be the exact opposite of everything Cartwright wants, then it is quite possible we are actually hurting Mead's chance of promotion within the team.

Anyway, if Mead goes, so does my membership too.

Watching the replay and I noticed on Taylor's third try where we moved it with very quick hands across the park from one wing to the other basically, that if anyone of harro, sezer, Myles or even bird was in the team and involved in that series of hands, it would turned into a hit up and the opportunity lost to score a try.

Was so good to see.

on Meady, I don't want him to be released but wouldn't begrudge him asking for one. He's played loyal team mate, played his role for a third of his career, but it's apparent he wants to make the most of the last half to two thirds of it.

Dogs need a fullback and cowboys might depending on how successful you think Morgan has been and how good mead might be along JT.

Surely he is not going anywhere. Are Carty and Searle embarking on a scorched earth policy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Watching the replay and I noticed on Taylor's third try where we moved it with very quick hands across the park from one wing to the other basically, that if anyone of harro, sezer, Myles or even bird was in the team and involved in that series of hands, it would turned into a hit up and the opportunity lost to score a try.

Was so good to see.
    I am surprised that you have been the first to mention it and I meant to earlier. The people I sit with made a point of discussing this and yet it was so good to see. It was one of the reasons that I thought the Titans went a bit better in this game attack wise.
    Of course it is a complete coincidence that Blair was at 5/8 as he was in the Storm game where we scored 28 points but we are only repeating ourselves here.
    If you get a chance watch the post game presser. You would think Carty had fleas and I'll bet that you will start itching after you watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Surely he is not going anywhere. Are Carty and Searle embarking on a scorched earth policy.

- - - Updated - - -

I am surprised that you have been the first to mention it and I meant to earlier. The people I sit with made a point of discussing this and yet it was so good to see. It was one of the reasons that I thought the Titans went a bit better in this game attack wise.
    Of course it is a complete coincidence that Blair was at 5/8 as he was in the Storm game where we scored 28 points but we are only repeating ourselves here.
    If you get a chance watch the post game presser. You would think Carty had fleas and I'll bet that you will start itching after you watch it.
    im only watching the replay now, but that was such a stark contrast to our usual play that i paused it and jumped onto the forum. It was very similar to Blair in the Storm game, whose theory is, if there is space out wide, my job is to get it there quickly, not rack up hitups and stats, killing the play in the process.

Henry also has a nicely weighted pass for his sweeping runners, but id be more than happy with Blair and Kelly for the time being, but please let it be blair feeding taylor. Taylor normally only gets it once 4 defenders are ready to wrap him up. he was getting it on the fly and actually had a chance last night.