Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Who was the titans player that was reportedly overheard saying he'd rather McQueen or so and so in the qld side over Taylor?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Who was the titans player that was reportedly overheard saying he'd rather McQueen or so and so in the qld side over Taylor?
    Nate something

Being selfish i hope Taylor isn't picked but i also think McQueen is very overrated ...
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Nate something

Being selfish i hope Taylor isn't picked but i also think McQueen is very overrated ...
    did he say it cause he doesn't rate Taylor or wants Taylor to play for Titans. If qld were picking on form Nate wouldn't get close
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Not sure if it's what you're talking about but I just read on NRL.com "One of his Gold Coast teammates was overhead this morning saying that he'd much rather tackle Chris McQueen or Josh Papalii than Taylor and Cartwright believes his omission will manifest itself in a big performance against the Warriors at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday evening."

Quote Originally Posted by Brock O'Brien View Post
    Not sure if it's what you're talking about but I just read on NRL.com "One of his Gold Coast teammates was overhead this morning saying that he'd much rather tackle Chris McQueen or Josh Papalii than Taylor and Cartwright believes his omission will manifest itself in a big performance against the Warriors at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday evening."
    That's what I read as well...
    We have the Mead, the Mead for speed!!!

Yeah that, interesting to know the context. I'd be livid if I were Taylor hearing it come from Nate "uber slow play the ball" myles
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I agree that Nate has had some ordinary touches this season but he has been incredibly strong in the middle for us this season and there will have been no discussion about his place in the Maroons side. He is one tough hombre that blokes love playing alongside and loathe playing against.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Very strong defensively, but such a momentum killer doing hitups
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

What I dislike most about Myles is that he grows another 6 inches taller and plays like a superman during Origin and then like a busted ar$e for us when he comes back.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The team v Warriors, round 11:

1 - David Mead

2 – Kalifa Faifai Loa

3 – William Zillman (capt)

4 – Brad Takairangi

5 – Anthony Don

6 – Beau Henry

7 - Albert Kelly

8 - Luke Douglas

9 - Beau Falloon

10 – Luke Bailey

11 – Mark Minichiello

12 – David Taylor

13 – Paul Carter

INTERCHANGE

14 – Matthew White

15 – Mark Ioane

16 – Ben Ridge

17 – Matt Srama

18 – Cody Nelson

http://www.titans.com.au/content/tit...iss_clash.html

Quote Originally Posted by Griff0 View Post
    The team v Warriors, round 11:

1 - David Mead

2 – Kalifa Faifai Loa

3 – William Zillman (capt)

4 – Brad Takairangi

5 – Anthony Don

6 – Beau Henry

7 - Albert Kelly

8 - Luke Douglas

9 - Beau Falloon

10 – Luke Bailey

11 – Mark Minichiello

12 – David Taylor

13 – Paul Carter

INTERCHANGE

14 – Matthew White

15 – Mark Ioane

16 – Ben Ridge

17 – Matt Srama

18 – Cody Nelson

http://www.titans.com.au/content/tit...iss_clash.html
    How's ridge get a run when he isn't even starting at Tweed? IMO Taka should be hooked.

How does Zillman continue to get a start over Blair or Tighe. How can we afford to have three hookers in the rotation with Srama being woefully short of a run?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by nimud View Post
    IMO Taka should be hooked.
    Has Taka been stealing your lunch money or something mate? Why the hate? I remember you calling him pea hearted a few weeks back? Unless it's a personal beef, seems like mis-placed frustration to me, as he is not even nearly the teams biggest problem. While he hasn't been anywhere near on fire for us, he's hardly been a liability like Zillman and Minichello have been.

Zillman strolling back into the team after a significant time off the paddock, into a starting spot for a position we almost exclusively spent money on to bolster over the off-season, was a big enough joke in itself. To see him waltz back into the team again this week after his epic fail against the broncos (I won't give him grief about the tackle technique which saw him layed out ... but watching him STILL manage to mis-time runs into open holes is excruciating), even though there are fit blokes under him who deserve the spot more, weather through form, fitness or potential (Blair, Tighe and arguably Roberts) is beyond a joke, yet no less laughable. Seeing him given the captaincy on top of this!! wow.... the joint is an absolute mad-house.

I know we're thin on available captain candidates this week, and for all i know Zillman commands a huge amount of respect from the boys and reff's alike ... but i don't see it. His leadership skills and ability to read the game is an absolute myth as far as I can tell. I know there are at least five other blokes named in the squad I'd rather run behind - and nimud, you'd be happy to know Taka is not one of them!

Glad to see Carter retained as starting lock - rookie of the year? I hope Douglas got a rocket over the crucial errors he's made in the last two games, because he's had flashes of excellence during both, and just needs to hold the ball. I'm glad Srama is being given an extended time to get back to speed, he is still our best hooker imo. Falloon and Mead have both looked tired since their rep games, hope they're not already thinking about the bye next week. Ridge is an interesting selection, as he is really the forgotten man in our team. I hope he has a blinder and reminds us all of how good he can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    How does Zillman continue to get a start over Blair or Tighe. How can we afford to have three hookers in the rotation with Srama being woefully short of a run?
    Who's the third hooker? As far as i can tell, it's still a two hooker rotation, as it has been all season.
    Carter is named at lock, and was only playing dummy half early in the year because of injuries. He is not a 9 and I hope he never has to play there again.

I'm not a massive fan of two hooker rotation. But neither (/none) of our guys are 80min hookers. With the rule changes, the rotation has only gotten more beneficial. I can't see it going anywhere while JC is HC (more through lack of player development, than tactical preference).

In his two appearances so far this year - Srama has looked desperately short of a run, which is why I'm looking forward to him getting more game time this week, and hopefully every game following. Not sure what this says about falloon though - because there has not been that much difference in their service or impact over the same period. Falloon is all effort, but Srama is a much more dangerous player, hopefully one of them starts dominating matches, and demands 80mins.

Zillman will need to watch a replay on Sunday morning to realise he was belted by Hurrell again & again

Bailey should be Captain in this weak team..
    Last edited by TITAN PETE; 20-05-14 at 02:22 PM.
    #itaintweaktospeak