Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

double-headed coin in this case ... heads Zillman will play fb.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I went down & watched the Warriors train this morning & they look quite sharp , Johnson is Definatly playing but Locke didn't train & won't be playing, if I could steal one player from that line up it would be Tompkins without a doubt put him @ 1,6 or 7 he has talent to burn

After watching them run through their plays the most popular 5th tackle option was "FaiFai" , they don't rate him under the high ball ..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    I went down & watched the Warriors train this morning & they look quite sharp , Johnson is Definatly playing but Locke didn't train & won't be playing, if I could steal one player from that line up it would be Tompkins without a doubt put him @ 1,6 or 7 he has talent to burn

After watching them run through their plays the most popular 5th tackle option was "FaiFai" , they don't rate him under the high ball ..
    kffl was scratchy for tweed under the highball and was very hesitant to get near it in the broncos game. He will be peppered with bombs if they get into position
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Not many people backing the Titans. vbookie is 50 v 500!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    kffl was scratchy for tweed under the highball and was very hesitant to get near it in the broncos game. He will be peppered with bombs if they get into position
    Hurrell looked very sus under the high ball too so I would hope Henry is sending plenty of high balls his way & Meady picking up the scraps.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Locke keen to combine with Tomkins

The arrival of Sam Tomkins in Auckland has effectively forced Kevin Locke out of the only NRL club he has ever played for, but any bad blood that exists between the pair certainly isn't being shown publicly.

At season's end Locke will head off to the Salford City Reds on a three-year contract, stating a desire to play the fullback position as the reasoning behind the big move.

That will never happen while Tomkins is fit and available for the Warriors, a fact which has become clear over the opening 10 rounds of the competition. But Locke will start alongside Tomkins on Saturday after being named on the wing against the Titans.

"He (Tomkins) is an awesome bloke, a class player and hopefully we can link up in the game," Locke said.

"We spoke at training, I said, 'Mate, you need to put me over the try-line, I don't want to be on a nudie run at the end of the year – we can't do that'."

After a spending the first month of the season recovering from a knee injury, Locke has played the last two matches off the bench for the Warriors.

Filling in at hooker, the role was foreign to a fullback who was once compared to Billy Slater.

This week against the Titans Locke gets his first start on the year, returning to the wing position where he debuted back in 2009.

Coach Andrew McFadden said mid-week that Locke still had a big role to play in his final months at the club, and hoped he would flourish on the flank.

"I want him to be in the game. Obviously he plays a different style of wing, but the more times he can be involved in and around the ball the better," McFadden said.

"That is going to be the challenge this week on the wing. Usually at fullback you are built into play, but I am sure he will add something this week for us."

Most Warriors fans telegraphed Locke's departure from the day Tomkins put pen to paper at the club; having two international fullbacks on your books in the salary cap era simply isn't economical.

Given the quality he has displayed in six seasons of first grade, where he has scored 26 tries in 87 appearances, it came as a surprise to hear Locke was heading to the Super League competition

"It is not that I couldn't have worked hard to push Sammy (Tomkins) somewhere else, it was just a case of getting to play fullback, a position I love playing, so that is the reason why," he said.

"I want to finish strong, I have still got a few more games left in the season. I have new challenges and a new future for me next year, but that doesn't start until next year."

The move away from New Zealand affects much more than just footy; Locke has a one-year-old son, Louie, who will remain in New Zealand with his mother.

"I have a little kid now, his mother and I aren't together so it will definitely be tough leaving the little fella over here."

http://www.nrl.com/

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Shame there will be no Locke.

You don't need to bomb if you're scoring tries … oh well, one can dream.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Just on the Mead being moved to centre. I still can't believe it.

Mead would have every right to feel sold out by John Cartwright. Mead prefers fullback and plays fullback a lot better than Zilly does and Mead has played is way into a rep jumper in the fullback position. Cartwright could say he is seeing if Zilly can play his way into form ( But really at the expense of the best fullback playing out of position- Not good enough. ) if true then Zilly should be like everyone else and play QCup to play into form. Would not be surprised if Mead is not with the Club after his current contract if Carty keeps treating him this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    double-headed coin in this case ... heads Zillman will play fb.
    It would have Zillys head on the Coin.

Banned

With the chooks causing the upset last night against the dogs, this game suddenly will most likely decide whether the Titans stay in the top 8. Lose and there is a very high chance they'll fall out of the top 8. It's feeling like a must win to me otherwise I'm thinking they'll suffer the same fate as they did last season. Gotta stop the rut tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastSportsFan View Post
    With the chooks causing the upset last night against the dogs, this game suddenly will most likely decide whether the Titans stay in the top 8. Lose and there is a very high chance they'll fall out of the top 8. It's feeling like a must win to me otherwise I'm thinking they'll suffer the same fate as they did last season. Gotta stop the rut tonight.
    Chooks with the Upset,,,,u really don't follow Rugby League , the Roosters were $1.40 favorites against $3.50 for the Dogs not sure how u call that an upset
    #itaintweaktospeak

Chooks with the Upset,,,,u really don't follow Rugby League , the Roosters were $1.40 favorites against $3.50 for the Dogs not sure how u call that an upset
    Especially with their halves Josh Reynolds and Trent Hodkinson out!

With Albert Kelly injured again, Gold Coast coach John Cartwright will field his fifth halves pairing

GOLD Coast coach John Cartwright has issued star halfback Albert Kelly an ultimatum — no train, no play.

Cartwright will be forced to field his fifth different halves combination in the 11th match of the season when the Titans tackle New Zealand Warriors at Cbus Super Stadium.

Kelly will miss his second straight game because of due to a minor hamstring strain and corked leg.

The livewire playmaker trained strongly early in the this week but couldn’t complete Wednesday’s session and was ruled out on Friday, leaving Maurice Blair and Beau Henry to partner each other for the first time.

With Aidan Sezer (pectoral) out for at least three months, Kelly is going to be the key playmaker for the Titans, who are attempting to break a three-year finals exile.

Kelly scored five tries in the opening five rounds of the season but hasn’t crossed since and Cartwright said he wouldn’t be playing his first-choice halfback until he completely overcame his injuries.

“He’s just not comfortable getting around on his leg,” he said.

“There’s no break. It’s a severe cork. Until he can do a full week’s training, as a team we can’t afford to go in with that sort of preparation every week.

“Until he can get out there and do at least three quarters of the week on the field, we won’t use him.

“The major reason for Albert not playing this week is we want to get some continuity with our training and get our service players on the field as much as we can.”

Kelly, Sezer, Blair, Henry, Ashley Harrison, Paul Carter and Greg Bird have all featured in the Gold Coast’s playmaking department this year.

The inconsistency has been a reason for the club’s patchy attack and Cartwright said it was hard to find continuity with constant changes.

“It does make it hard to improve your football,” he said.

“That’s where we’ve struggled a bit. In most areas we’ve been pretty consistent but as far as scoring points, that’s where we’ve lacked.

“It won’t be as slick as what we’d like and it’s very hard to make any sort of changes to the way you play once your season starts.

“You can probably lay a little bit of blame on myself really for not being a bit more stringent with making sure we pick a side that trains.

“We’re probably going to go down that avenue a bit more.”

The Titans are expected to face a tough Warriors outfit who have won two of their past three games and lost to competition leaders Canterbury last weekend by four points.

Star halfback Shaun Johnson trained strongly at Pizzey Park on Friday and is expected to play in what is a further mountain for the Titans to climb.

“They’re always tough. That’s the way the cards have fallen this time,” Cartwright said.

“We believe we’ve got a side that can win the game.”

After an outstanding start to the season, the Titans have lost three of their past four games and could fall out of the top eight if they lose this game.

But vice-captain William Zillman, who will return to his favoured position of fullback, backed the undermanned *Titans to lift.

“We are a very tight-knit group,” he said.

“I’m sure a lot of teams would say that but this year we’ve got a lot more depth.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl

Was just about to say the same thing. I think finally he has shown his true colours and should stop the bluff that he has any interest in the NRL.