Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Ridiculous things John Cartwirght says or does..

OK, after the latest team selection and the reasoning behind his team selections, it seems fitting JC was given his own thread for us to enjoy his finest comments and moments.

Enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

"It's delicate, [Zillman] has been there since Preston retired and he's done a fantastic job there. It's just the fact that a guy has come in and been given an opportunity and done everything he could possibly do to keep that job.

"There will always be a spot there in the team for William Zillman while ever I've got any say in it, and that's why he's handled it so well.
    - - - Updated - - -

“I wouldn’t pick him if he wasn’t up to it,” Cartwright said.

“That’s the criteria for being picked for first grade, if you’re up to it and he’s up to it.”

Does = gets out of bed every morning believing he's an NRL coach.
    Says = his stutter that sounds a lot like "total package".
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

This could be the Title of his biography

From an article in the Telegraph in February this year:

Cartwright also said he's attempted to transform the Gold Coast into a fortress this pre-season, pointing to the Seattle Seahawks' Super Bowl win yesterday as proof of the value of defensive might. "It becomes more and more apparent across all sports are focusing more on defence," he said. "You saw that in evidence in the NFL yesterday. The best defensive team won."'

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226817720153

So, after coaching in the NRL for seven seasons in which the Premiership was won every year by a team that was 1st or 2nd in terms of points conceded in the regular season, Cartwright finally noticed the importance of defence by watching a game of American Football!!

No wonder the Titans stand so flat in attack, Cartwright probably thinks forward passes are allowed...

"It’s definitely the way coaching has gone in other codes. The NFL have three or four head coaches in their staff. The AFL support coaching staff tend to include someone who’s done some head coaching. "

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...-1226848413346

Cartwright moves the concussed Zillman straight back into the team at FB, pushes our #1 FB to left centre and plays the guy we bought to play at left centre to... well, who friggin' knows where they will all be playing, just as long as he gets his beloved Zillman on the field, regardless of his fitness, injuries, concussion or current form that any other NRL coach would see as an obvious reason not to field that player.

Just more mind numbing stupidity from Cartwright. At some point he just has to accept that Zillman isn't as good as he once was and that buying any player on a 5 year contract at ridiculous money was just a dumb-a$$ idea. Then the rest of the team can learn to play together rather than doing the "Cartwright shuffle" every second game.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Cartwright moves the concussed Zillman straight back into the team at FB, pushes our #1 FB to left centre and plays the guy we bought to play at left centre to... well, who friggin' knows where they will all be playing, just as long as he gets his beloved Zillman on the field, regardless of his fitness, injuries, concussion or current form that any other NRL coach would see as an obvious reason not to field that player.

Just more mind numbing stupidity from Cartwright. At some point he just has to accept that Zillman isn't as good as he once was and that buying any player on a 5 year contract at ridiculous money was just a dumb-a$$ idea. Then the rest of the team can learn to play together rather than doing the "Cartwright shuffle" every second game.
    DON'T GET ME STARTED C-WHIZ!!!

I'm reading Maurice Blair to the halves to cover Kelly. So that leaves us with:
    - A 5/8 at halfback
    -A centre at 5/8.
    - A winger / fullback in the centres
    - An injured / concussed QLD Cup player at fullback

It defies belief!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    DON'T GET ME STARTED C-WHIZ!!!

I'm reading Maurice Blair to the halves to cover Kelly. So that leaves us with:
    - A 5/8 at halfback
    -A centre at 5/8.
    - A winger / fullback in the centres
    - An injured / concussed QLD Cup player at fullback

It defies belief!!!
    The plus side of Blair playing @ 5/8 is our most exciting attack was against the Storm when he was playing 5/8
    #itaintweaktospeak

It does make you wonder how Carty comes up with this ****, and to think he gets paid the big bucks to figure this out. May as well compile the team in a similar fashion as they do with the barrier draw like with the (Melbourne Cup) Gallopers. Just with the exception of looking after the 'Total Package'.

We must have a cash flow problem and he is selecting the team to limit win bonuses ... best I think of because his selections are those of a friggin' moron.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

"you make me just want to quit" to a Titans member after he bagged him on twiter
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Well.. with him retaining his position (along with Searle), it has pushed a few of us to just give up on our Membership. Hopefully he might be experiencing what some of us have been going through in recent years. It's not something to be happy or proud about either.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    "you make me just want to quit" to a Titans member after he bagged him on twiter
    Can you provide some more detail here please?? Are you saying that #sackCarty is on Twitter and that he dropped his lip and said he feels like quitting??

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Can you provide some more detail here please?? Are you saying that #sackCarty is on Twitter and that he dropped his lip and said he feels like quitting??
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Yes
    Screenshot?