Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Silliest thing Cartwright did was put Gordon to fullback when he had Roberts and Don as options. Surely Roberts was a better option. Keep Taka at centre and Blair at 5/8 and we win that game.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    Silliest thing Cartwright did was put Gordon to fullback when he had Roberts and Don as options. Surely Roberts was a better option. Keep Taka at centre and Blair at 5/8 and we win that game.
    Don't know whether we would have won that game however Gordon was a flop at fullback. Yet another humerous article in the paper where Gordon wants to play fullback which made it three contenders for that spot. He is kidding and his days at fullback should be over after tonight. He is lucky to even be in the team on the wing in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Don't know whether we would have won that game however Gordon was a flop at fullback. Yet another humerous article in the paper where Gordon wants to play fullback which made it three contenders for that spot. He is kidding and his days at fullback should be over after tonight. He is lucky to even be in the team on the wing in my book.
    Gordon's days @ fullback have to be over & he should only be considered a rough chance of playing on the wing , surely now Mead is the only option for the 1 (if fit & if not Roberts gets a shot) with Don the 1st choice winger....

I have sat in the same seat at every home game & see or speak with Fartwright every match , not sure if anyone else has notice that in the past 3 home games he has sat in his ivory tower alone after the Fulltime hooter for 10-15 minutes whereas in previous times he always came down through the crowd win lose or draw, even he knows everybody dislikes him..
    #itaintweaktospeak

Make the team wear the away jersey at a home game.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Make the team wear the away jersey at a home game.
    Yup, you know it's getting desperate when the Coaching staff resort to trying to win games by luck that's seem to work with the away games rituals, than on raw talent/effort that should be drawn on collectively..

This is what Cleary says about injuries … compare it to the pathetic excuses our neanderthal trots out:

"We seem to be losing a few guys that are high up in the rankings, both leaders in their own right. ET (Taylor) has been phenomenal this year for us," Cleary said of the loss of Taylor and Kite.

"But hey, you know what, that's life. There's obviously a reason for this happening. We showed tonight that we got over the loss of our captain last week. We had Tyrone Peachey go two weeks before that.

"We're going to be asked to do it again. One door closes, another one opens. [There's a] couple of boys out there tonight rubbing their hands together because they get another opportunity and that's what it's all about."
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This is what Cleary says about injuries … compare it to the pathetic excuses our neanderthal trots out:
    You are comparing a Top Coach with Fartwright
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    You are comparing a Top Coach with Fartwright
    And, my friend, the title of this thread is...... ?

I am so looking forward to the day when we can convene a League of Titans event, all proceeds to some charity other than the Michael Searle Benevolent Society, where we all get to meet in an environment where the topic of conversation will be "how very well the club is performing on and off the field".
    Last edited by Titanic; 02-08-14 at 11:04 AM.

I haven't posted in ages but i keep upto date with the forums. Holy **** what is wrong with the club deadset?

Like i don't get it. Is the management stupid or are they just incompetent?

The team selection is whack off, no words can describe how bad Carty is as a coach but not only that but now salary cap issues pop up?

It just makes it hard to follow a team that i have lived and breathed since its inception. Tbh i don't even watch Titans matches properly anymore. Its just so depressing to watch.

Like all the off field **** is translating onto the field. The boring style of football we play. It makes me sad and depressed. Except for James Roberts though.

The things that are going on at the Titans on field and off the field is making me distant from NRL altogether. Its just so sad.

The thing that stands out from all this is David Mead. Dude slots into fullback. Gets 2/3 man of the match awards in a row. Plays City-Country. Has a great game as well.

Comes back to the Titans. Gets pushed to the wing cos of Zillman.

And now he is getting pushed to the wing because of Kevin Gordon? Seriously **** me what a ****ing bull**** decision. It's just a ****ing joke.

Everything was looking good with David May. I saw a bright future. And now everything is in turmoil. Seriously why are the Titans still a club?
    Last edited by Julius Sezer; 02-08-14 at 11:08 AM.
    2013 - Sezer's breakout year

Well Penrith are under a pretty severe injury curse too atm.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

i hate our negativity around injuries. Sure it hurts, but we havent lost an inglis, a hayne, a slater or smith. Just a bunch of replaceable so-so first graders. league is a pretty basic game

I actually think in a functioning team, thats when you should be excited to see youngsters step up and get a crack.

In the AFL one of the top teams use the mantra ' one soldier down, another solider steps in' when dealing with injuries. its such a strong confident way to approach it.

I think I just discovered John Cartwright's twitter account. Had an interesting chat with him. He is @wawasjohn.

@gc_addison: @tassintheswitch Yep agreed. We look uncoached (#sackcarty) and play boring unstructured footy. Cowboys play structured and exciting footy.

@wawasjohn: @tassintheswitch @gc_addison like what changes? Titans doing well when u count the injured players, coach also good, no changes needed

@gc_addison: @wawasjohn @tassintheswitch Neil Henry for head coach, Mead our permanent fullback and pick in form players in their right position.

@wawasjohn: @gc_addison @tassintheswitch Henry no better the Bryce (What the hell does he mean here???), mead no better then zillman, and who would u say not in form? And who u pick instead. You are equal with 5th.

@gc_addison: @wawasjohn @tassintheswitch Mead no better than Zillman HAHAHAHA. Now I know you are joking with me. We are not tied with 5th. We are 4 points behind.

@wawasjohn: @gc_addison @tassintheswitch no I'm serious mead good wing and good back up fullback but zillman best fullback at titans full stop

@gc_addison: @wawasjohn So what we best Rabbits? We lost to Raiders, Dragons and Tigers. Zilly = best fullback. LOLOLOL

NOTE: he is not a Titans fan
    Last edited by Titan4Life; 03-08-14 at 05:32 PM.

He also thinks the Raiders were good today and Campese is in career best form. I don't think he's a troll, just someone with no idea

Just when you think there is an end to all this, this bobs up. I had to read it twice just to get the gist of it but really:

"This is the first year the club formed a board,'' he said. ''(Owner) Michael Searle sold off a lot of his shares. All of a sudden I wasn't working for one guy. It made us a lot more accountable. Then they announced a review. I got an inkling they were looking at change. More pressure came from the board, mainly because of our results."
    Yes sir, he means that when he only had to answer to Searle there was no accountability and he could just cruise along (as we all witnessed) but when the board came in, guess what … suddenly he was accountable and before he knew he was under pressure to get results … and then with more epic fails he was out … mind boggling.
    However, many are not prepared for the challenges of an increasingly vigilant media, both in terms of time and correct response. Cartwright says, "The scrutiny of social media sometimes causes people to jump at shadows."
    And yes again, when even your staunchest fans take to FB and Forums looking for explanations, transparency and accountability the cry is "unfair, hard done by and get off my case" … beyond belief.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/l...#ixzz3AU6YnBQU
    Last edited by Titanic; 16-08-14 at 04:11 AM.

Goodbye, John. Enjoy Tahiti..