Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    Can you provide some more detail here please?? Are you saying that #sackCarty is on Twitter and that he dropped his lip and said he feels like quitting??
    Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    "you make me just want to quit" to a Titans member after he bagged him on twiter
    Sorry Coaster, but I'm gonna have to ask a mod/admin to delete this post from this thread.

Didn't you read the thread title?

It's "ridiculous things" Cartwright says or does, not "great ideas" from John Cartwright.

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    DON'T GET ME STARTED C-WHIZ!!!

I'm reading Maurice Blair to the halves to cover Kelly. So that leaves us with:
    - A 5/8 at halfback
    -A centre at 5/8.
    - A winger / fullback in the centres
    - An injured / concussed QLD Cup player at fullback

It defies belief!!!
    I was telling my wife about the changes that Cartwright was making and she asked how many players were injured, I said one . She said that it was the dumbest thing that she had heard of just to cover ONE player...

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Sorry Coaster, but I'm gonna have to ask a mod/admin to delete this post from this thread.

It's "ridiculous things" Cartwright says or does, not "great ideas" from John Cartwright.
    Whiz, you're a whiz … golden bwahahahahaha. Coaster do you feel deleted?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    We must have a cash flow problem and he is selecting the team to limit win bonuses ... best I think of because his selections are those of a friggin' moron.
    This could be true Titanic as I have seen a few people on Facebook and the GoldCoast Bully Site saying that we are having Cash flow problems at the minute and that One Business is proping up the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post

Haha well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

"It appears to be that there's not as large a gap between the top sides and the bottom sides," was Cartwright's summation of the ladder logjam.
    "The top sides have been beating each other – outside of the Dogs – but outside that there's probably two points between eight or nine teams.
    Yes JC uses his "water into wine" skills to interpret the ladder ... these are mind-expanding projections from our coach who can stun us all with his insightful meanderings.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-06-14 at 12:44 PM.

In the interest of fairness, or at the very least, a small counterbalance to the overwhelming criticism of JC (myself included) thought this was a nice touch by him. He is obviously a good bloke despite his coaching deficiencies...

Josh Massoud and James Hooper
    The Daily Telegraph
    June 06, 2014 12:00AM

Jamal Idris phones a friend and John Cartwright comes to rescue

SO WHO did Panthers star Jamal Idris telephone in his hour of need on the Gold Coast last weekend?

None other than Titans coach John Cartwright, who personally went and located the Penrith centre on the glitter strip.

As a player, Cartwright always had one of the fiercest reputations in rugby league but in this instance, the ex-international footballer showed a far more compassionate touch.

What made the gesture from the Titans coach even more noble was the way in which Idris had walked away from the Gold Coast in January this year.

Despite the fact Idris still had three years to run on a five-year contract, Cartwright didn’t hesitate when he realised the seriousness of last weekend’s situation.

Everyone in rugby league wishes the affable Idris all the best for a speedy and strong recovery from his personal issues.

Cartwright and the Titans will host the Panthers at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday night, when the Penrith great’s nephew Bryce will play opposite his uncle in the coaches box.

I have no doubt that he is a good bloke and the players like him. But there seems to be some things he still needs to learn as a coach at this level. Lets remember he came here from an assistant position under the GREAT SAVIOUR Ricky Stuart.....................

I don't think anybody believes this guy is anything but a good bloke, however, good blokes have never made the best coaches and in his case ignorance is anything but bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I don't think anybody believes this guy is anything but a good bloke, however, good blokes have never made the best coaches and in his case ignorance is anything but bliss.
    Very unfortunately for all of us Titans' fans I think you are spot on.

I went to the Fan Forum the club had before the start of last season and the overwhelming impression I left with was that we could not win the premiership with Cartwright as coach - he just isn't prepared to be a disciplinarian with the players.

The other impression I left with is that Cartwright's definition of "us" in "us and them" did not include the club's fans - it ended at the dressing room door.

Continually plays Zillman at FB hoping he will eventually have a good game and then can say "told ya so", and then compounds it by playing a clearly injured "100% fit" Alby and leaves him out there for 80 minutes hobbling on 1 leg in a lost cause ensuring Alby's recovery will be longer than necessary.

Nothing personal with Cartwright. He seems like a nice guy but he is not an NRL quality coach.

Your comment pretty well sums it up for most genuine fans of the Titans, Birdman.

Only the delusional fans that regard Carty as a God would get their nose out of joint about it.

Can't pin this one directly on Carty, but in the press conference after the Storm game William Zillman came up with this pearler:

"I actually thought our offence was really good tonight."

I must have been watching a completely different game to the one that he played in.