Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Good to hear what you mentioned in your last sentence, nimud.

I just want to clear up some things I said and add to my thoughts about the game. I want Mead at fullback but he has had a couple of quiet games in a row, leaving the door ajar for Cartwright to select Zillman at Fullback. I do think Zillman was rushed back in and should've spent a game or two in Qld Cup.

Whilst Henry had some good touches, I think the consistency just isn't there. His 40/20 attempt was great and should have been awarded. Barba had two feet out of bounds when he "saved" the 40/20. Totally glossed over by the biased commentary box. That wasn't the only momentum changer early on which awarded the Broncs far more ball than they deserved. Whilst we have overcome a lot of the bad luck that has come our way, there was just too much in this game and it started before we lost Zillman and Sezer.

I stand by my Sezer comment. I don't think he's been in great form and that may be due to niggles he's carrying but our best performance at 5/8 this season came from Blair. He was starting to make his mark on the team before injury hit and I look forward to his return. I wish Aidan a speedy recovery and return to first grade. I hope whoever fills in for him makes it tough for him to get back in as that will stand us in good stead.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I just want to clear up some things I said and add to my thoughts about the game. I want Mead at fullback but he has had a couple of quiet games in a row, leaving the door ajar for Cartwright to select Zillman at Fullback. I do think Zillman was rushed back in and should've spent a game or two in Qld Cup.

Whilst Henry had some good touches, I think the consistency just isn't there. His 40/20 attempt was great and should have been awarded. Barba had two feet out of bounds when he "saved" the 40/20. Totally glossed over by the biased commentary box. That wasn't the only momentum changer early on which awarded the Broncs far more ball than they deserved. Whilst we have overcome a lot of the bad luck that has come our way, there was just too much in this game and it started before we lost Zillman and Sezer.

I stand by my Sezer comment. I don't think he's been in great form and that may be due to niggles he's carrying but our best performance at 5/8 this season came from Blair. He was starting to make his mark on the team before injury hit and I look forward to his return. I wish Aidan a speedy recovery and return to first grade. I hope whoever fills in for him makes it tough for him to get back in as that will stand us in good stead.
    Good clarification mate. I don't agree with your views on Srama and Zillman out of that game but of course I respect your opinion and even moreso enjoy the different views people have on here. My opinion of Aiden is that he is slow, cannot steer the team around, and has not come on as well as I hoped he would. Of course he is still young and a different coach may bring out great things in him.
    Yes I noticed that 40/20 as well and my son and I couldn't believe it was glossed over.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 19-05-14 at 08:18 PM.

Everybody's opinion is worth the read, no matter what we think ourselves. The whole point of a Forum is to be enlightened (and in the case of CSF be entertained) by other points of view, so let the debates rage on ... maybe one day the coach will read the opinions of others that care passionately and apply the same logic.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Haha, yeah that "magic" two steps in touch "save" from Ben Barba...
    I forgot all about that.

The best part was that they went back to a reply to show us all how "amazing" it was, and they still talked it up like he flew 5 metres through the air to rake it back into play.

How do the commentators not see that?