Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

I don't mind losing when the guys put in an effort.
    Agree that Carter is something special. If ever someone needed to be locked up long term, it's him.

Dave Taylor one of the comps best not only titans best. Havnt seen his metres but I would bet it's over 200 mtrs
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    Dave Taylor one of the comps best not only titans best. Havnt seen his metres but I would bet it's over 200 mtrs
    at the moment its saying 15 runs (108m).. The only Titan to get over 100m. Says something about our lack of yardage in the middle.

There will be something to like if Kelly finally gets to play left side in attack in the coming weeks.

I find that amazing that Taylor has been kept to just 100mtrs.

- - - Updated - - -

Taylor's run mtrs just bumped up to 160. Great effort
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I am not sure what to say about that effort … so many of our guys were flat. Nearly everyone except Don and Taylor made game losing errors. I liked Henry a lot but then again I am a fan of his and believe he hasn't really been given a go. Both Blair and Tighe need to start and KFFL should hold his place too … he can only improve with some game time. Thought we had a half chance to win it but the errors were just too costly. Srama's missed tackles must have been in the 1,000's … not hitting with any confidence and should go back and no Irwin please.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I thought Paul Carter was immense tonight and we have to find a spot for him in the starting back row. While Henry had some good touches and tried hard, he's just not all there and in my opinion is a bit of a space cadet. I hope Kelly and Blair are our halves next game with Tighe and Taka in the centres. Taka butchered a try early in the piece but I thought he had some good runs and touches and made some crucial tackles. Cody Nelson also impressed.
    Luke Douglas had a shocker, as did Minichiello and Falloon was ordinary. Srama was good for 20 until he ran out of gas. While I liked some of what KFFL did out there, he is definitely a drop down in class on Kevin Gordon. Mead did some good things but was unlucky tonight and Don had his worst game for a while. I'm not lamenting Sezer's injury as I think he is in fairly ordinary form at present. If this gives Blair an extended run at five-eighth I think we'll be better off. Beau Henry is certainly not an option for 80 minutes week in and week out, although I think we should bring him in for some more NRL game time, he is too erratic for mine at present. If the Cody Walker rumours are true and we're looking to bring him back into the fold - he will be a most welcome addition.
    Zillman put an excellent shot on Hodges which was encouraging before he was knocked out. I'm not willing to give up on him just yet as a centre although Mead is starting to leave the door ajar for Zillman to return to fullback.
    Anyway - I thought we really missed what Ashley Harrison has been bringing to the table tonight and Mini showed he is nothing more than a 20 minute bench player these days. With no Bird or Harrison, Myles was left to handle all the tough stuff himself and it proved too much for him, although he tried to carry the pack on his back.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I thought Paul Carter was immense tonight and we have to find a spot for him in the starting back row. While Henry had some good touches and tried hard, he's just not all there and in my opinion is a bit of a space cadet. I hope Kelly and Blair are our halves next game with Tighe and Taka in the centres. Taka butchered a try early in the piece but I thought he had some good runs and touches and made some crucial tackles. Cody Nelson also impressed.
    Luke Douglas had a shocker, as did Minichiello and Falloon was ordinary. Srama was good for 20 until he ran out of gas. While I liked some of what KFFL did out there, he is definitely a drop down in class on Kevin Gordon. Mead did some good things but was unlucky tonight and Don had his worst game for a while. I'm not lamenting Sezer's injury as I think he is in fairly ordinary form at present. If this gives Blair an extended run at five-eighth I think we'll be better off. Beau Henry is certainly not an option for 80 minutes week in and week out, although I think we should bring him in for some more NRL game time, he is too erratic for mine at present. If the Cody Walker rumours are true and we're looking to bring him back into the fold - he will be a most welcome addition.
    Zillman put an excellent shot on Hodges which was encouraging before he was knocked out. I'm not willing to give up on him just yet as a centre although Mead is starting to leave the door ajar for Zillman to return to fullback.
    Anyway - I thought we really missed what Ashley Harrison has been bringing to the table tonight and Mini showed he is nothing more than a 20 minute bench player these days. With no Bird or Harrison, Myles was left to handle all the tough stuff himself and it proved too much for him, although he tried to carry the pack on his back.
    Henry was alright, actually I think he will become the man with Kelly.

Mead is shut the door on zilly straight away and so will the others soon.
    Last edited by teke; 17-05-14 at 04:16 AM.
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Sezer's season soured by pec injury
    By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
    NRL.com
    6:00am Sat 17th May, 2014

Beau Henry looks set to be handed an opportunity to play for his future with Gold Coast Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer suffering a potentially season-ending pectoral injury in Friday night's 22-8 loss to the Broncos.

After William Zillman was helped from the field in the 19th minute with concussion and failed to return, the Titans were forced to play 50 minutes of the game with just 15 fit players when Sezer injured his pec in the 30th minute.

His right arm was flung violently backwards in attempting to make a tackle and coach John Cartwright said the initial diagnosis wasn't good.

"Aidan Sezer has done some sort of pec damage that doesn't look good," Cartwright said. "The doctors are probably fearing the worst for him so not sure what that entails time wise but he won't be there next week. 'Zilly' got a really bad knock to the head and didn't pass his [concussion] test so he wasn't able to come back."

Having been in doubt for much of the week with an ankle injury, Sezer's latest injury can carry with it six months of recovery although the full extent of the damage won't be known until after scans on Saturday.

South Sydney's Luke Keary suffered a pec injury at the Auckland Nines but is reportedly aiming for a comeback through NSW Cup next weekend, just over three months since suffering the injury.

If Sezer does make it back on the field in 2014 it will be towards the start of the finals series, leaving the fortunes of the side in the hands of Henry, a prodigiously talented junior who has struggled to nail down a permanent first grade spot.

Off contract at the end of 2014, Henry returned to playing a little over a month ago after undergoing a knee reconstruction in 2013. He was a late inclusion for injured halfback Albert Kelly against the Broncos and was left as the solitary playmaker once Sezer was injured.

"He played like the rest of them," was Cartwright's summation of his performance. "He rolled his sleeves up, he took over when he had to. It was a big ask to come in on short preparation and he did a good job."

Paul Carter, who was thrust into the halfback role for periods in the game once Sezer had left the field, played against Henry in the under-20s competition in 2010 and welcomed his influence under difficult circumstances on Friday night.

"Beauy Henry's a really good talker, really good at getting the troops around the field so it helped having him out there tonight," said Carter. "When Sezer went down it was definitely a big help to us having him out there because he adds a lot to our structure."

A teammate in the under-20s at the Bulldogs and someone who he has referred as being like a big brother, Carter backed Sezer to make a return to the field as soon as is possible, despite the initial disappointment.

"He's obviously a bit down at the moment but he's very professional so he'll get on top of his injury and be back as soon as possible," said Carter.

"We need a win next week. It's a massive game for us at home [against the Warriors] so we'll do our best to prepare for the game this week... We need a win at home for sure next week."

Zillman will be assessed midway through next week as to his availability but the Titans will get Ashley Harrison back, Albert Kelly will continue to be monitored and Brad Tighe, Maurice Blair and James Roberts will be looked at providing they get through their respective games in the Intrust Super Cup this weekend.
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I am not sure what to say about that effort … so many of our guys were flat. Nearly everyone except Don and Taylor made game losing errors. I liked Henry a lot but then again I am a fan of his and believe he hasn't really been given a go. Both Blair and Tighe need to start and KFFL should hold his place too … he can only improve with some game time. Thought we had a half chance to win it but the errors were just too costly. Srama's missed tackles must have been in the 1,000's … not hitting with any confidence and should go back and no Irwin please.
    Thank Christ for your comments Titanic. I read Supergoose's summary after yours and thought I must have watched a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    When he is on, he is great. I'm not sure if it was an origin inspired effort or not, but he has been getting more consistent, so hopefully he will keep building towards September/October.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
    I usually respect what you have to say, but this is an outrage. Apart from him forgetting how to tackle, all I really remember about Zillman last night was him lying there holding onto someones boot 5 metres form our line, as if he was expecting a standing ovation, and while he lay there the ball was played and the broncos scored while he was having a siesta. Mead made 1 costly mistake but saved about 3 or 4 tries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Thank Christ for your comments Titanic. I read Supergoose's summary after yours and thought I must have watched a different game.
    I thought I was the only one who saw a missed opportunity last night, rather than a classic losing effort.

The efforts by KFFL to get back and take the tough hitups after a kick was good to watch. He used his bigger frame and really hooked in. It was always going to be tough for the boys down 2 players so I am prepared to cut them a little slack this week. Listening to all the commentary on different footy shows, TP has no show of getting the FB spot back. All the media are in love with Mead so whilst it stays that way he will stay there. Nothing like the ex players pumping a players tyres to make a point to a coach.
    Carter, holy crap that boy is tough. If he continues his good play and doesn't get into the dirty stuff he will be a star.
    Taka and Mini's drops were costly as we could have built a lead if we held the ball. Mini is supposed to be a senior player in this team and should be leading by example not dropping passes to his chest.

Talking about strong efforts, Bailey never stops trying. Absolute workhorse. Best forwards on the park were him, Taylor and Carter IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Titan4Life View Post
    Talking about strong efforts, Bailey never stops trying. Absolute workhorse. Best forwards on the park were him, Taylor and Carter IMO
    I love Bailey but he should never ever try to off-load or take a tap.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Highlights Broncos v Titans

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec =FzZ2F4bTrPFTTQkrOxd7FgHqrE8NN4Vp"></script>
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    I don't mind losing when the guys put in an effort.
    Agree that Carter is something special. If ever someone needed to be locked up long term, it's him.
    Sums up my view of the game. That Dropped ball in our own 20metre in the 2nd half was the turning point. Boys really were spent at the end, and could see they gave their all. It's good they came over to us at the end, so they saw that we all appreciated the effort.