Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

One thing tonight showed the Donkeys have got nothing in attack and won't be around come the end of the season, they should have put a heap more points on the titans but couldn't crack the line, when your playing a team when there centre and 5/8th goes down you would expect to score tries as normally you have to replace them with forwards.

i think we competed really well, but the broncs were just gonna run us down eventually with our injuries.

And not just because we lost a centre and our main kicker, because taylor is a huge improvement and henry is decent enough to cover Sezer kicking wise, and better hands. but it hurt our forward rotation and the guys were always going to fatigue and struggle. i think they fought well until they couldnt any longer

I think we would have held on and won if not for that fatigue from the injuries. A really strong effort in my opinion, notwithstanding the usual poor attack.

Broncs were poor though...

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    we were always going to lose but yeah, the effort was definitely there.
    Not sure at what point you say "always", but I thought we had this game going in. Even with the injuries and positional changes i felt good until we/the refs gave the Broncos heaps of ball in the last 20. When you are running on empty, giving the ball away is throwing the game away.

Junior

Carter was good. He is such a competitor, he will be playing for the Blues in the next few years, he is just that sort of player.

Is Don is good.

Good effort from all, I think deep down we all penciled this one in for a loss.

Did Taylor play his way into a Maroons jersey tonight after that effort? I would say Yes

The only time the Donkeys looked dangerous is when we started to tire.

and for us, Carter would get my MoM. This kid is going to be big.

Agree with the majority of comments here. Our effort was there but winning after those injuries was always gonna br a huge ask.

Henry was good. Im interested to see how he can develop with consistent time in first grade.

Next weeks team will be interesting. I'd like to see Tighe back. Also very interested to see how James Roberts goes for tweed tomorrow night

Broncos couldn't crack Cows with no Thruston last week for 15 minutes. They have nothing. We had chances to get out to a lead and hang on, but we didn't complete when it mattered.

I still think we need to pick a hooker, and stop wasting a spot on the bench. Would have made the difference tonight IMO. Srama or Falloon, Irwin if you like. I don't really care, just pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Broncos couldn't crack Cows with no Thruston last week for 15 minutes. They have nothing. We had chances to get out to a lead and hang on, but we didn't complete when it mattered.

I still think we need to pick a hooker, and stop wasting a spot on the bench. Would have made the difference tonight IMO. Srama or Falloon, Irwin if you like. I don't really care, just pick one.
    i would have thought after 20 minutes this game was ours to lose. but injuries just really cruelled it. our style will only win us games by a small margin, so it would have been tough even all of the players stayed fit, but once you start increasing workload by 50% its gonna show in errors, missed tackles and poor communication.

I cant fault the effort i really cant. got no problems with Henry owning the 7 for an extended period, and KFFL was good (mainly early) and strong with his hitups. Taka saved way more tries than he let in imo. his aggressive nature in defense really threw the broncs off until late in second half.

Carter was great, he went to an even higher level of play, while reducing the stupid stuff. he was my best on field.

Junior

Not sure at what point you say "always", but I thought we had this game going in. Even with the injuries and positional changes i felt good until we/the refs gave the Broncos heaps of ball in the last 20. When you are running on empty, giving the ball away is throwing the game away.
    Hell yeah, I thought we could easily win. But when you have a big forward pack, having 2 less players makes a massive difference with fatigue. Kelly would have made a huge difference tonight for mine, the Ponies defence was so compressed (and often offside) someone like Kelly could have taken advantage of it, we played far too one-dimensional.

All of the comments above some it up well. I can't complain about the effort and we were gone once the two injuries hit. With tiring players our mistakes were always going to kill us. I would love to see us not kick it down the fullback or wingers throats all the time but that's no different to usual. Disappointing result because I think with the starting 17 players finishing we would have won that.
    As others have said, out of the injuries will come some selections that may actually make us stronger and changes that the coach did not have the guts to make.

QLD Cup

The boys tried hard, dodged a few bullets, scrambled, then finally caved in. déjà vu Hodges tunnel ball. Can't recall but it may have been at the exact spot as the first time. What is clear the Broncos don't have much in the way of play makers. They could have put us away much earlier. Good points... Henry held his own which is good because he could end up our first choice half with all the injuries. Taylor tried hard. Carter is a goer.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Carter was great, he went to an even higher level of play, while reducing the stupid stuff. he was my best on field.
    Carter is the best thing that has happened for the Titans in years, along with Kelly.

Carter is the best thing that has happened for the Titans in years, along with Kelly.
    he has out-matured ryan james in 10 weeks...go figure