Hurrell disciplined over social media incident

Wed 7th May, 11:10AM A A

Vodafone Warriors centre Konrad Hurrell has apologised and will also be fined and sanctioned over a social media post which led to an investigation being launched by the club on Monday.

Vodafone Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah said the investigation had now been completed.

“Konrad is full of remorse over what has happened,” said Scurrah.

“While the incident involved two consenting adults, his action in sharing the content with others was unacceptable and inappropriate.

“Every year since he has been with us, Konrad has attended social media seminars and workshops conducted by the NRL. He knows the expectations but in this case he made a poor choice.”

Hurrell has personally apologised for the incident.

“I am so sorry this has happened and want to apologise for the trouble I have caused,” said Hurrell.

“I’ve embarrassed the club, my team-mates, the members and most of all my family. I made a bad decision but I will learn from this.”

Scurrah said the matter had brought unwanted focus on the club and the NRL.

“The NRL’s Integrity Unit has been fully briefed on our findings and the penalty we are imposing,” he said.

Scurrah said as well as apologising Hurrell would be censured and fined $5000 with the money being donated to charity while he would also undergo some counselling on the use of social media.

Scurrah added no further comment would be made as the Vodafone Warriors prepare for their critical ninth-round match against Canberra at Eden Park on Saturday.

- - - Updated - - -

$5000 donation for becoming a bit of a Legend , money well spent for bragging rights for life