Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    We will win the Fight , the Dirty Toads don't have 3rd man in Thaiday to hit the Blues from behind this time around

Qld too Old & too Ugly

The Great Arty Beetson said Qld will win 8 series he never mentioned winning 9
    Fight? what fight??

You know what, I agree with some of what you say, however Gallen can't even knock out Myles with 3 free punches, how's he gonna go now that he's not allowed to throw any?

Origin without a knuckle. It just doesn't sound right, does it!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Fight? what fight??

You know what, I agree with some of what you say, however Gallen can't even knock out Myles with 3 free punches, how's he gonna go now that he's not allowed to throw any?

Origin without a knuckle. It just doesn't sound right, does it!
    Maybe 79th minute of game 3 or 2 ...
    #itaintweaktospeak

I would rather be stuck in a room listening to Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber at the same time then cheer for the ****ing Maroons. Never, ever..eeeeever, going to happen in my lifetime.

Although, I have to say..we will score more points then in just one game, I'm very confident that this is the year..and that is the only time I've ever said that. NSW were soooo close to winning in 2012 and 2013, only if it wasn't for Pearce..such a terrible halfback. I remember the situation where we had like 2 on 1 situation with like 15 minutes to go, and we are two points behind. Well, instead of Mythell passing, he kicks it in to Slater....Pearce is a good luck charm for QLD.

I got to find a bar to watch this in around Hong Kong. I'm going to introduce my American friend to the noble sport of Rugby League.

So I also need a classy game.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    I got to find a bar to watch this in around Hong Kong. I'm going to introduce my American friend to the noble sport of Rugby League.

So I also need a classy game.
    At least you didn't put "American" and "classy" in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonbcode View Post
    I would rather be stuck in a room listening to Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber at the same time then cheer for the ****ing Maroons. Never, ever..eeeeever, going to happen in my lifetime.
    Hahaha love your passion. This is what makes Origin great.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Thank you.

If NSW do win the series, what would the crowd reaction be like? Shock, cheers, disbelief? Especially if it happens at Suncorp...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathonbcode View Post
    Thank you.

If NSW do win the series, what would the crowd reaction be like? Shock, cheers, disbelief? Especially if it happens at Suncorp...
    A tsunami of **** headed Queensland's way on social media.

I think it would be a warm moment for NSW and when it eventually happens, it will boost Origin even more.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    A tsunami of **** headed Queensland's way on social media.

I think it would be a warm moment for NSW and when it eventually happens, it will boost Origin even more.
    It would be interesting, man. See, everyone tries to say at times "Well, NZ won the World Cup in '08, why can't NSW do that?" But, NZ only had one game against them in a series of deciding matches for the Cup.

It may be like Undertaker losing his streak at Mania..wrestling fans will get that mention. Origin will be interesting, if Hayne and Farah can stay injury free along with Gallen..then all should be good.

Sell-out on cards for State of Origin opener

The State of Origin opener appears on track for a sell-out with only about 2000 tickets remaining for Wednesday night's game at Suncorp Stadium.

The lead-up has been shrouded in controversy over increased ticket prices, and the QRL and NRL have come under heavy fire for tickets costing $220-$250, after a smaller allocation of bronze tickets were snapped up for $80.

Even coach Mal Meninga was dismayed, saying the game's governing bodies had got it wrong with the pricing structure and needed to make changes to avoid the prospect of thousands of empty seats at kick-off time.

A white category was created ($125) that has helped boost late sales, while select tickets remained available in most parts of the ground late on Monday. Only bronze was sold out, and there were limited allocations available in silver ($180) and the maroon zone ($180).

There were some tickets for sale through Ticketek in the platinum, gold, silver, blue zone and white sections.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/s...#ixzz32rzsIxXT

My brother is lucky enough to be going. I'll be watching from somewhere on Hong Kong Island.

Hayne can deliver NSW glory, says Paulo

"Two tries - including the decisive match-winner – that will lead to a four-point win for NSW, leaving them 80 minutes away from a history-making series victory."

That's the bold prediction from Parramatta lock Joseph Paulo for inspirational skipper Jarryd Hayne when the talismanic fullback runs on to Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday night.

It sounds fairly ambitious, probably bordering on miraculous. But it's not exactly far from what every man and his dog are expecting south of the Tweed.

The Eels are currently the league's fourth-best team, a description we've been unable to pin on Parramatta since their fairytale run to the grand final five years ago.

In fact, Hayne's teams are yet to occupy a position this high on the NRL ladder since his second year of first grade in 2007. But now that he's almost single-handedly made Parramatta relevant again, many are expecting him to do the same for the Blues.

In other words: Jarryd Hayne, come save NSW.

"I know he doesn't want to carry that expectation but he does because he's a high-profile and he gives his best," Paulo told NRL.com.

And it's not exactly fair, Hayne's teammate says. Take it from someone who goes to church with him – he's watched Hayne crash and burn carrying the weight of a club that hasn't seen premiership glory in almost three decades.

"I don't think he's looking to be a saviour. He just wants to be part of the team and make the team stronger," Paulo said.

"He's tried to carry us in the past but obviously hasn't prevailed. For him to be at his best, the team needs to be at its best first.

"For him, it's just more about him enjoying his football, you know? I reckon he's done it toughest out of everyone, because he's got that expectation and he's played at the highest level but hasn't really achieved much."

While Hayne – who missed games II and III of last year's series – has had no problem showcasing his supreme athletic ability and freakish match-winning feats, his leadership has always been more difficult to identify.

But that's not the case in 2014, says Paulo, who has witnessed his good mate return from Australia's World Cup triumph a more mature captain.

"For him to go to the World Cup and play for the Kangaroos and then actually win it, it means a lot to his confidence and his attitude about how far his talents can take him," Paulo said.

"I'm just glad he's enjoying his footy. He's really applying himself and that leadership role that he's taken on. He's really doing a great job with all the young guys and all of us boys coming through.

"Because he knows how much it means to him - being that young guy and being around for a while - I think that extra role he's now playing as a leader... the boys look up to him.

"He tries to not carry that weight but he plays his best and the boys seem to follow him."

http://www.nrl.com/

So keen for this. To go 9 straight would be amazing.

I hope Hodges is fit. I want a fully fit Hodges and Inglis please.

Billy Slater reluctant to surrender Maroon No. 1 jersey to Greg Inglis
    http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl

IT will take a tap on the shoulder from Mal Meninga for Billy Slater to surrender his Maroon No. 1 jersey to good mate Greg Inglis.

On the eve of tomorrow’s State of Origin series opener at Suncorp Stadium, Slater, 30, has revealed he has no plans to emulate legendary fullback turned five-eighth Darren Lockyer and shift positions.

Slater could *realistically play another three years in league’s toughest arena, meaning Inglis, 27, will be forced to bide his time at centre.

Slater came under fire after making a slow start to the season on the back of a draining World Cup tour and knee surgery but has hit form in the past few weeks for Melbourne.

Yesterday he opened up about the damage to his posterior cruciate ligament.

“The cartilage is my main problem,” said Slater, who missed the 2012 Origin decider with his initial knee ailment.

“I’ve a hole in my cartilage which is down to the bone, so that’s what gives me the inflammation and pain when I do overtrain.”

But despite injury and the red-hot form of Inglis, Slater said he wouldn’t be pressured into making way at fullback.

“I haven’t really thought about changing positions,” he said. “Fullback is my best position at the moment and that’s the position I’ll play.”

Slater’s mid-season revival has come at the right time and he and Inglis have registered similar numbers in the key *attacking statistics.

Inglis has just one more linebreak (10) than Slater while both have scored five tries and set up six.

Slater said that he wasn’t feeling any extra pressure to perform in the first game.

“I don’t think anyone else is going to make me try any harder,” Slater said. “You don’t need that sort of motivation. I have always had that.”

Former Maroons centre Steve Renouf called for Inglis to replace Slater at fullback after the Rabbitohs custodian’s stunning start to the season.

Queensland selectors, however, stayed loyal to Slater and the Innisfail product said he was not affected by criticism.

“Maybe subconsciously (it affects me) but certainly not consciously,” he said.

“If it came from my coaches or teammates I’d certainly take it to heart more.”

Suncorp marks 100th Origin milestone

The spiritual home of rugby league will play host to more than just a State of Origin clash this week, with in Game one of 2014 to be the 100th game between New South Wales and Queensland.

Recreation and Sport Minister Steve Dickson unveiled a plaque to commemorate the milestone at the Caxton St end of Suncorp Stadium, and said State of Origin had become one of the great rivalries in world sport.

“Origin is now one of the most anticipated events on the Australian sporting calendar, even in traditional non-Rugby League states and overseas, and the rivalry just gets bigger,” Mr Dickson said.

Mr Dickson said it was appropriate the 100th game of Origin would be played where it all began back in 1980.

“It’s been a thrilling 99 games so far, and Queensland has well and truly gained the upper hand in terms of both games won (53 to 44 with two draws) and series wins (18 to 12 with 2 draws).

“Suncorp Stadium and before that Lang Park has hosted 48 of the 99 games played, with Queensland winning 30, New South Wales 17 and 1 draw.

“This dominance really shows what playing at the cauldron means to the home team.

“Our ongoing investment in maintaining and developing Suncorp Stadium infrastructure ensures it is the perfect venue for large scale sporting events.

“The entire community benefits from the economic flow-on, as part of our election promise to grow tourism as one of the four pillars of the economy.

“More than 1.8 million have watched the 48 games live here at the spiritual home of rugby league, and I hope to see a sea of Maroons supporters at Suncorp tomorrow night.

“The Mighty Maroons are going for an historic ninth straight series win, and I really hope this success will inspire a new generation of Queenslanders to pick up a football and get active - a key goal of the Government’s Get in the Game program.

“We are keen to encourage more young Queenslanders to get involved in recreation and sport, and events like State of Origin really help to motivate kids to pick up a ball and have fun with their friends.”

http://www.qrl.com.au/