Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

It's fairly evident who had the better prep going into the first game last night, and losing Cronk early brought that to the fore. Fear not, it'll only force DCE to get up to speed with the rest of the spine, I'm fairly confident they'll gel pretty well by the next game.

Blues deserved to win last night. Somehow they've found the hunger 'n passion again which means we have a real competition on our hands for 2014 (even though the Blues have come close in recent years).
    Last edited by Toads; 29-05-14 at 03:26 PM.

I don't think Slater should go at all but Inglis needs to get a rocket up his great hairy djin ... he was too often flat-footed. McQueen and Gillett are not up to Origin standard and Papalii looked like he'd just come from a buffet. That cheap shot on the big grub Gallen was embarrassing and I reckon he'll pay for that next time they meet. Te'o needs more game time too.

Thaiday and a "concentrating on his game" Taylor would make a huge difference and to be fair Scott would have to be gutted if he was dropped. Bird for Watmough, imho. Also I couldn't see the Woods for the trees.

1. Slater
    2. Boyd
    3. Inglis
    4. Hodges
    5. Tate
    6. Thurston
    7. DCE
    8. Scott
    9. Friend (Jake)
    10. Myles
    11. Taylor
    12. Thaiday
    13. Parker

14. Te'o
    15. Guerra
    16. Kasiano
    17. Segeyaro
    Last edited by Titanic; 29-05-14 at 06:15 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I don't think Slater should go at all but Inglis needs to get a rocket up his great hairy djin ... he was too often flat-footed. and Papalii looked like he'd just come from a buffet.

Thaiday and a "concentrating on his game" Taylor would make a huge difference and to be fair Scott would have to be gutted if he was dropped.
    Papalii was a passenger walking around like someone had stolen his car keys. Worst on field. By a mile.

Inglis only showed glimpses, and I CANNOT BELIEVE he didn't take Hayne on one-on-one in the early stages. Also surprised he didn;t go looking for more pill. Hodges was out of sync.

Taylor would have been amazing last night, especially off the bench, but Te'o was strong towards the end. Probably needed a bit more time, not sure how long he was on, but he seemed to have plenty left at the end.

NSW last 15 minutes defence was stuff of legends. Well done NSW, a well deserved victory in a classic Origin match.